Playoffs.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Another one that struggles to have a good word for the club.

A point against 2nd in the league would be good-it doesn't matter who that team is they are still 2nd.

😂

Just telling it as it is, these are teams we used to smash, years of mis management have put us where we are now, and it pains me. 

8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

😂

Just telling it as it is, these are teams we used to smash, years of mis management have put us where we are now, and it pains me. 

League Two is W1 D1 L1

Latics have the edge over the last ten meetings with W4 L3 D3 winning three times at Gresty,
I wouldn't say Latics have exactly "smashed" them with Latics scoring ten goals and Crewe eight.

They are in a better position this season but I would say a win is not out of the question and a draw is also a good result.

Pragmatism?  :D 

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

To get out of there with anything, would be seen as progression, given the way they usually mash everything put infront of em.

I'd happily take the point, a win and I'm popping the cork 

Hard to argue, maintaining the momentum, restoring belief, integrating the new players is clearly the focus.

A positive result at Crewe cant be a bad outcome, one point would qualify as positive.

No doubt Dino is telling the players they can win, I wouldn't argue, will need our best performance to avoid conceding early.

Attack is the best form of defense ...

Those whom argue that 'only' taking a point at lowly Crewe are using an irrelevant historical benchmark, the task in hand is to battle our way out of League 2.

This season is now largely preparation for the charge next season.

Good progress on the pitch, which itself is looking great, need the off field antics to be resolved.

Put together a string of results, from now until the end of the season and see where it takes us?

We've just beaten a serious play off contender with relative ease and we're a different proposition now, Artell and his Crewe side will know they're in for a game.

Let's take it to em, without fear

A line often trotted out is that anyone can beat anyone in this league. The league is shit etc. Now a point at Crewe is a brilliant result apparently. 

Will be interesting to see if Dino sticks at the winning formula for the next 2 games. My guess would be that McCann comes in for Dearnley or Nepo. 

34 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A line often trotted out is that anyone can beat anyone in this league. The league is shit etc. Now a point at Crewe is a brilliant result apparently. 

Will be interesting to see if Dino sticks at the winning formula for the next 2 games. My guess would be that McCann comes in for Dearnley or Nepo. 

Fair play but a very tough game in prospect,

A win here and anything's possible, that's how I see it.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Considering Crewe are second in the league, have won twice as many games as Latics and have a +29 GD over Latics, I'd say a point would be a brilliant result...a win would be preferable. Same team, unless injuries say different or Dino is a fool.

Archived