Playoffs.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

No reason why we cannot do what Blackpool did a few years ago. With Scholes comming in and a feel good factor I can see the team winning the next 10 on the bounce....:)

Some on here will hammer you for saying 1 on the bounce never mind 10 !!.

Blackpool were shocking half way through that season but they started the role with a good away win at Huddersfield Town, then the rest was history.

Great win yesterday, Scholes in tomorrow,  get on a run with a couple more of loanees and playing the right players in positions, I honestly fancy our chances.

The fans ( especially away from home) are like being a goal up, we have the best supporters.

It really is all about the attacking players, we have matched the opponents in virtually every game I’ve seen but without Sturridge always struggled up front.....Dearnley really did change the game yesterday and seemed to bring everyone else to life

This is a league where we really could win ten of our remaining sixteen games

Dearnley was excellent yesterday but imperative if he repeats it through the next six or seven games.  Yesterday was also obvious that Nepomuceno needs to play LW rather than LB. 

If Scholes has free reign over selection - and is allowed access to every player - then anything’s possible. 

I personally think we have one of the strongest squads in this league and our current position doesn’t reflect our potential.  I suspect Scholes feels the same.  Whilst we see success more long-term with next season more likely a promotion challenge, Scholes will want to achieve it this season.

We have enough games left, have the potential and Scholes coming in could prove the catalyst.

Just now, archiecat said:

Yeah, let's get all these attacking players on loan :goggle:

we beat a dreadful Crawley team with a very very flattering scoreline and now we are 2 steps away from promotion.

Cuckooland rather than promised land  

I'd say that's an insult to the away fans who made the journey, they travel away with hope and optimism around the country.

Standard reply from OWTB.

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

we beat a dreadful Crawley team with a very very flattering scoreline and now we are 2 steps away from promotion.

Well done for expanding your emoji range.

6 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I'd say that's an insult to the away fans who made the journey, they travel away with hope and optimism around the country.

Standard reply from OWTB.

Could you tell me who you would bring in on loan if you were Manager?

No, forget that.... after re reading your post again i understand you mean the loanees yet to play.

I maintain that Crawley were dreadful and for 60 minutes so were we.It's not impossible for Scholes joining to create a feelgood factor but realistically we are looking at hopefully building for next season.

5 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Of course he can't.  Some reasons:

Doesn't know who may be available

Doesn't know what terms might be

Doesn't know budget

But perhaps most importantly - can't anyway because loan window shut at the same time as the transfer window...

9 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No, forget that.... after re reading your post again i understand you mean the loanees yet to play.

I maintain that Crawley were dreadful and for 60 minutes so were we.It's not impossible for Scholes joining to create a feelgood factor but realistically we are looking at hopefully building for next season.

i get that Archie, but you can only beat who you play on the day, I like to be optimistic and think we did a job on them, regardless of who we play I'd take a 3.0 away win in february. 

Could I tell you who I would get in on loan, unfortunately I can't as I am not a scout nor a manager, just a fan. I expect anyone who does come into the hot seat can make those decisions. But if Scholes had any involvement in Dearnley then I am of course optimistic, he had a great debut.

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Look at it this way. Win on Tuesday night and we're on 45 points and probably in 10th place, 6 points off 7th. Not entirely impossible as those above us are a bit hit and miss. It's doable.

Ticky pip Brizzie!!

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Of course he can't.  Some reasons:

Doesn't know who may be available

Doesn't know what terms might be

Doesn't know budget

But perhaps most importantly - can't anyway because loan window shut at the same time as the transfer window...

The post was difficult to undestand,i edited after reading it a couple more times.

yes, i was fully aware that there will be no further player movement.

3 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

i get that Archie, but you can only beat who you play on the day, I like to be optimistic and think we did a job on them, regardless of who we play I'd take a 3.0 away win in february. 

Could I tell you who I would get in on loan, unfortunately I can't as I am not a scout nor a manager, just a fan. I expect anyone who does come into the hot seat can make those decisions. But if Scholes had any involvement in Dearnley then I am of course optimistic, he had a great debut.

With you in regard to Dearnley,looked very lively :chubb:

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

I think you’re missing the point, this league is poor, we are poor, but, the missing link for us has been up front, I think we are more than capable in midfield and at the back.

My point, and I am no happy clapper having supported us since 1970, is that the difference between win, draw or lose this season is just a little more pace and firepower up front....we’d have beaten MK the other day with that last 15 mins....and in fairness we don’t have many loanees, at this point I’m happy if the two coming in give us what we need and then we review for next season.

Of-course it’s unlikely as we’ve probably given the others too much of a head start but it could be a fun spring

29 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

in fairness we don’t have many loanees, at this point I’m happy if the two coming in give us what we need and then we review for next season.

We've got five I think; that's plenty isn't it?

Archived