Playoffs.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Blackpool were shocking half way through that season but they started the role with a good away win at Huddersfield Town, then the rest was history.

Great win yesterday, Scholes in tomorrow,  get on a run with a couple more of loanees and playing the right players in positions, I honestly fancy our chances.

The fans ( especially away from home) are like being a goal up, we have the best supporters.

I thought this Blackpool myth had be dispelled years ago. 

They were awful for the the first 10 games, where they got one win. But they started turning it around October, about the same time we did.

At this point in the season they were 4th, with 12 more points than we currently do and were looking unstoppable.

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-league-one-2006-2007-spieltag/31/

Here they are during the same season, sitting in 3 points off the playoffs at the start of December, in much better shape than we currently are.

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-league-one-2006-2007-spieltag/20/

So, when it gets to this point of the season and people say “Will we do a Blackpool?”

The answer is no, because doing a Blackpool doesn’t exist, or at least not in the way Latics fans use it to convince themselves their a still a chance we’ll finish in the playoffs when we’re 10 points adrift in mid Feb.

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I thought this Blackpool myth had be dispelled years ago. 

They were awful for the the first 10 games, where they got one win. But they started turning it around October, about the same time we did.

At this point in the season they were 4th, with 12 more points than we currently do and were looking unstoppable.

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-league-one-2006-2007-spieltag/31/

Here they are during the same season, sitting in 3 points off the playoffs at the start of December, in much better shape than we currently are.

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-league-one-2006-2007-spieltag/20/

So, when it gets to this point of the season and people say “Will we do a Blackpool?”

The answer is no, because doing a Blackpool doesn’t exist, or at least not in the way Latics fans use it to convince themselves their a still a chance we’ll finish in the playoffs when we’re 10 points adrift in mid Feb.

After yesterday my minds changed that we will be in playoffs and enter them as the form team.

1 hour ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Including 3 in 4 days over Easter wasnt it.?

Bristol rovers away was on motd

I remember the Bristol match well. A swift five pints of draft Double Diamond in the main stand bar before the game. A good win then home on the coach

to watch it on MOTD.

That being said, I'm struggling to think of a game where we were comprehensively outplayed. Even Carlisle were bobbins and they managed to stick 6 past us. Maybe Mansfield where we got away with a 0-0... we've shown that we can play against the best in the division. We slaughtered Bury for 45 mins at ours, looked decent value for a draw against Lincoln where we could have arguably won...

This division is woeful and everytime I think of Bunn's tenure the more depressed I get. Turning up to places battling for draws, bringing on a CB at Morecambe at HT to sure it up. The 0-0 at Notts County... I could go on. I'd rather he went after we beat Cheltenham in October.

Win the next 3, comfortably and turn up to Bury with plenty in the away and home end and go on to beat them then I will start to dream.

If we went into the Play-Offs in form playing a side like bloody Forest Green i'd expect us to walk it.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

We've got five I think; that's plenty isn't it?

True but that includes Ivo who is with us for the whole season so feels like our player and the 2 new lads who are coming in to fix our problem (hopefully) up front

With AL and his Brother in charge though I accept that anything could happen

Archived