Playoffs.

This thread has inevitably gone very quiet since Scholes rather bad start but I just noticed a funny thing in the table

if you look at the last 5 games for every team from 5th(FGR) to 11th(Latics) they all have exactly the same record;

W2 D1 L2

What does that tell you? ....put a run together and anything is possible, might well not be us but someone will

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

This thread has inevitably gone very quiet since Scholes rather bad start but I just noticed a funny thing in the table

if you look at the last 5 games for every team from 5th(FGR) to 11th(Latics) they all have exactly the same record;

W2 D1 L2

What does that tell you? ....put a run together and anything is possible, might well not be us but someone will

I wouldn’t say quiet ,but I don’t post every second on the colour of my pee. 

We will make the playoffs !!!

Not a chance we will be in the top 7 which is disappointing, my only hope now is that we can see the season out with no drama and give Scholes the backing in the summer to bring in who he sees fit, no doubt about it that we are at least half a dozen players short before you even take into account Iverson and Lang going as well.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Nowt changed really, win 5-6 on bounce and we'll get in.

Won't happen, but still possible.

Things have changed because we are now 8 points of 7th having played a game more, whilst it's mathematically possible it's highly unlikely given we've gained one point from our last three games, team is lacking looks tired and littered with players carrying knocks and others unfit. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Not a chance we will be in the top 7 which is disappointing, my only hope now is that we can see the season out with no drama and give Scholes the backing in the summer to bring in who he sees fit, no doubt about it that we are at least half a dozen players short before you even take into account Iverson and Lang going as well.

After the last two games, we should concede it's not going to happen. Scholes knows this and knew it when he came to the club, let's hope his contacts and eye for a good prospect come good during the summer. Of course, it is all down to the club's illustrious owner and, as far as we can tell, his not-so-deep pockets.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

You can bet your life that Scholes would have been loving every minute of that on Saturday but wonder how he'd of felt, had he remained manager here?

No different is my guess!

That is bollocks, to say a manager of any football team would be happy the opposition won beggars belief. 

Archived