Yeovil (12-2-19)

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

That was no more than Yeovil deserved. They were a disgrace and, with ref that had some balls (this one was minus a pair), they could have been down to 9 men. 

The foul on Hamer would have been a red any later in the game. No one had a bad game, Missilou, Branger, Nepomuceno, Baxter, Lang were picks of the bunch.

Excellent performance and Yeovil deserve to be in the Conference. Have a miserable journey back to Somerset, you bunch of thugs.

Ticky pip Brizzie, were did you sit tonight?

Echo all the good words on here about Branger and Nepo I thought their link up play was excellent tonight. 

Regardless who is picking the team Branger should be in on merit at the moment deserved MOTM.

More than happy with the way we played we passed the ball like Paul Scholes tonight Yeovil probably tackled like Paul Scholes tonight. Baxter was looking quite 2013 tonight too great to see him looking like his old self again. 2 cracking strikes from Maouche and Missilou to finish it too ones that Scholes himself would be proud of.

Excellent win onwards and upwards.

Edited by GlossopLatic

10 minutes ago, robboman said:

That is horrendous to watch

Doubly so when he carries on playing. 

It's a red card in Rugby Union. The ref barely spoke to their player. 

Speaking of the ref- he is in his first season at League level and it showed. He was out of his depth, missed a lot of cynical snide play by them- that challenge being the prime example. He let us get away with a bit too. So at least he was consistent (consistently bad) 

For those that went/watched he reffed our game at Mansfield earlier in the season was he as bad then?

I remember some of their fans calling us dirty after the game at their place after tonight, the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. 

15 minutes ago, robboman said:

That is horrendous to watch

First reaction by me was that i thought he broke his neck or spine...horrible to watch can't think what

it was like for Hamer. Just so relived he got up, got the restart but then walked off to be subbed. horrific accident

11 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Tbf it doesn’t look like he’s even got eyes on Hamer. Clumsy at worst but no malice intended from what I can tell

It is a collision. I agree that there is no malice involved but their player isn't looking at the ball when he is careless and reckless in making contact with Hamer. 

Malice isn't in the laws of the game but careless and reckless are. As the player doesn't use excessive force I think the ref wouldn't have been justified in sending him off. 

It's a very awkward fall and while the fall doesn't play a part in how the challenge is punished perhaps player safety should indicate it should do (as it does in Rugby Union). 

If that was a higher profile player in a higher profile game and the outcome wasn't as fortunate as it seems to have been for Hamer there would be uproar. 

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It is a collision. I agree that there is no malice involved but their player isn't looking at the ball when he is careless and reckless in making contact with Hamer. 

Malice isn't in the laws of the game but careless and reckless are. As the player doesn't use excessive force I think the ref wouldn't have been justified in sending him off. 

It's a very awkward fall and while the fall doesn't play a part in how the challenge is punished perhaps player safety should indicate it should do (as it does in Rugby Union). 

If that was a higher profile player in a higher profile game and the outcome wasn't as fortunate as it seems to have been for Hamer there would be uproar. 

No intent. And just because no malice doesn't mean it's careless. Just very unfortunate. Give it a rest. He's just running. He hasn't got studs up or anything

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Aren’t the circumstances different between the 2 sports? In rugby one player is catching and the other is looking to tackle them. 

In football, you can have 2 players with eyes on the ball, coming from different angles but both looking to jump and head it. Hard to outlaw what their player did because it might cause a dangerous fall.