Yeovil (12-2-19)

9 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

He played well tonight... and played his part at Crawley too. All credit to him.... but he’s been woeful for much of the season IMO and it’s not untrue that Hunt & Dummigan have been banished to train with the youth, with Branger starting by default / on instruction by the owner / not because he merited it. If he keeps this mini form up then he should continue to start.... however I still feel - on showing over a longer period of time - that Nepo further forward with Hunt or Dummigan at full back is a better option.

Branger is a predominately left footed player who, as well as being played in his best position (wide left ahead of Nepomuceno) has added consistency to his game recently. Last night illustrated that playing Gevaro at fullback in tandem with Johan ahead of him has potential 😀

17 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I'm struggling to get my head around the Hunt playing with the kids bit...….he came off the bench a couple of weeks ago and looked like he was carrying an injury. Also, if (as we have been hearing) Scholes has been around the camp for at least a couple of weeks prior to his appointment would AL banish Hunt and Dummigan only to let Scholes bring Hunt back first match. If they were with the kids when he started to assist PW, surely he would have insisted on observing a full first team squad. 

Like many things in this crazy world.....it doesn't make sense.

For me the worst part is Hunt comes on and is match fit affected. He's only played 3/4 of a match in 6 weeks. It is a real risk of losing points and even injury. Hunt may have needed punishing, none of us may truly know, but to do it to the detriment of the team seems bizarre.

5 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Matched by Moore and LJ:

Sharp - drew 0-0 home to Luton
Warnock - lost 2-1 home to Bradford
Ritchie - lost 3-1 home to Notts Co
Wadsworth - drew 1-1 away at Cambridge
Dowie - lost 2-1 home to Cardiff
Talbot - drew 0-0 away at Col U
Moore - won 3-0 home to Vale
Shez (1) - lost 1-0 away at Tranmere
Penney - drew 0-0 home to Stockport
Dickov - won 2-1 away at Tranmere
Johnson - won 3-0 home to Hartlepool
Kelly - drew 1-1 away at Walsall
Dunn - drew 1-1 away at Donny
Shez (2) - lost 1-0 away at Bradford
Robinson - lost 3-0 away at Millwall
Shez (3) - won 1-0 home to Gillingham
Wellens - won 3-2 home to Peterborough
Bunn - lost 2-1 home to MK Dons

19 managers in 24 years 

49 minutes ago, singe said:

For me the worst part is Hunt comes on and is match fit affected. He's only played 3/4 of a match in 6 weeks. It is a real risk of losing points and even injury. Hunt may have needed punishing, none of us may truly know, but to do it to the detriment of the team seems bizarre.

But was he punished?

It's a genuine question.....I have no "source" but I have still to see evidence apart from hearsay.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Branger is a predominately left footed player who, as well as being played in his best position (wide left ahead of Nepomuceno) has added consistency to his game recently. Last night illustrated that playing Gevaro at fullback in tandem with Johan ahead of him has potential 😀

Well said, sir!

Where's my upboat button...….who's taken my upboat button.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

It has to be a foul. Their player fouls Hamer. Having watched it back in ‘slow-motion’ I do their player a disservice as he is looking at the ball  for a lot longer than I gave him credit for but he makes no attempt to play it and his feet are on the floor.

It isn’t backing in, its a collision caused by one player going to play the ball and the other one not doing. Not helped by the impact speed. 

Not every aerial collision (or part-aerial collision) is a foul. That one was. 

It was a foul he gave a free kick to us. 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Careless and reckless are both defined in the relevant law of the game. I think it meets both criteria, but that's me. 

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct 

Their player doesn't have eyes on the ball until its too late. He isn't looking to head it, otherwise his feet would be off the ground. Like I said he doesn't use excessive force but he causes a dangerous fall. It's a foul. Clear as day. I don't think the ref should send him off but the reckless criterion is met so should be a yellow card. 

Going under the ball in that situation is potentially more dangerous than going over the ball when it's on the floor. 

Their player takes Hamer's legs out whilst Hamer is a couple of feet in the air. If you don't think that's dangerous please jump up in the air and have someone run into your legs as you jump.*

*Note - please don't as it will waste NHS resources. 

The only debatable point for me is whether it was yellow or red. Extremely dangerous challenge. The referee was consistent though as he failed to protect our players for the entire match.

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It was a foul he gave a free kick to us. 

Exactly.  I think it's too difficult to start dishing out cards for a general action, when it's only very specific circumstances you could say there was definite intent there.  Last night didn't seem like there was intent so the free kick was sufficient.

Looked more cynical watching it live but having watched it back there lad just doesn't see Hamer at all and it was an unavoidable collision and nothing more, I was side on to it and it was one hell of a leap from Tom which is the reason it looked so unforgiving on the way down, saying that they were a set of dirty bastards and left there foot in on almost every tackle, was nice to come out on top though as at 2-1 we lost control of the game a little and I feared they would do us with one of their many hoofs upfield, we got there in the end though. 

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looked more cynical watching it live but having watched it back there lad just doesn't see Hamer at all and it was an unavoidable collision and nothing more, I was side on to it and it was one hell of a leap from Tom which is the reason it looked so unforgiving on the way down, saying that they were a set of dirty bastards and left there foot in on almost every tackle, was nice to come out on top though as at 2-1 we lost control of the game a little and I feared they would do us with one of their many hoofs upfield, we got there in the end though. 

I'm with this, watched the clip a few times, plus the North Stand wasn't that much up in arms about it, just an unfortunate clash, thankful both players are ok.

6 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I'm struggling to get my head around the Hunt playing with the kids bit...….

.......would AL banish Hunt and Dummigan only to let Scholes bring Hunt back first match. If they were with the kids when he started to assist PW, surely he would have insisted on observing a full first team squad. 

Like many things in this crazy world.....it doesn't make sense.

You might struggle..... but it was happening. Hunt was banished because his Agent was touting him about to other clubs and the owner threw a hissy fit. A procession of players have received the same treatment, including Dummigan. Hunt wanted to leave. Edmundson wanted [might still want?] to leave... it hasn't been a happy camp. The owner's behaviour is to blame for much of it.

I'm hoping Scholes has sought assurances from the owner regarding his behaviour, no signing players over the managers head, no interfering in team selection, no bursting into the dressing room uninvited & undermining the manager..... see journo tweet below quoting Scholes, "That is to do with.... the owner, Fresh start for everyone".

This suggests AL has accepted the Fresh Start mantra and the naughty step has been removed. Good. Let's hope he [AL] keeps this up...... because to his [AL's] credit, after a shaky start, some of his foreign legion of signings are starting to look like they might come good. So, Mr Lemsagam, focus on what you're good at, use your Agent contacts to find us talent.... and leave the football to one of the best midfielders of his generation.

It would also be handy Mr Lemsagam if you could also focus your energy on working on a Plan for a permanent home, a good playing surface and better training and supporter facilities.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Consistent over a dozen games, as opposed to 2 and I'll agree with you..... Scholes said on his post match interview last night that Gevaro doesn't want to play Left Back.... before complimenting him about being the best LB in the division. I read this a bit of mind games to keep him sweet at LB for a bit..... but I don't imagine he [Gevaro] will stay there forever. Over a longer period, Gevaro is better than Branger [for me] further forward. For now though, we'd be mad to drop Branger after his last 2 games..... he's been very good.

6 hours ago, singe said:

...........Hunt may have needed punishing, none of us may truly know, but to do it to the detriment of the team seems bizarre.

Exactly. It's emotional, rash, egotistical behaviour... and he [AL] needs to learn [or leave to others with] better HR management skills......

Edited by lookersstandandy

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It was a wonderful combination they had no answer to, brilliant effort giving how negative yeovil were but there lies the reason for their league position

Suprised by the refs leniency towards their spoiling tactics when in all honesty in alot of games most sides would have been down to nine.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

You might struggle..... but it was happening. Hunt was banished because his Agent was touting him about to other clubs and the owner threw a hissy fit. A procession of players have received the same treatment, including Dummigan. Hunt wanted to leave. Edmundson wanted [might still want?] to leave... it hasn't been a happy camp. The owner's behaviour is to blame for much of it.

In this morning's Sun, the match report claims that Lemsagam banished Hunt from the squad for refusing a move to Lincoln in the transfer window. It says he refused to leave because he'd have had to take a pay cut  .....

Having said that, the rest of the article was littered with inaccuracies, including calling the caretaker manager "Chris Wild", so I'm not particularly inclined to believe it.

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

That's shit that.

A shame because the guy clearly loves his home town club and loyalty beyond most

Possibly another harsh warning should  be handed out and Re-instatement on grounds of diminished responsibility due to being a Latics fan 🤣

Edited by OLDHAMADE
Missing word lol

38 minutes ago, bozman said:

In this morning's Sun, the match report claims that Lemsagam banished Hunt from the squad for refusing a move to Lincoln in the transfer window. It says he refused to leave because he'd have had to take a pay cut  .....

Having said that, the rest of the article was littered with inaccuracies, including calling the caretaker manager "Chris Wild", so I'm not particularly inclined to believe it.

Both could well be true..... when AL falls out with players for not singing to his tune [Davies, Fane, Gerrard, Byrne]...... he freezes them out to encourage them to leave..... Hunt may have enraged him twice, for his Agent touting him about in the 1st place and then not leaving after being sent to the naughty step...... the thing he [AL] has to learn/understand is, his behaviour - wages/pension contributions paid late or not at all, his treatment of Davies, Fane, Gerrard, Byrne [justified or not], signing players that didn't seem up to it & on big wages, entering the dressing room, sacking Wellens, sacking Rhodes, sacking Bunn, meddling in selection, could well have been a significant contributor to Hunt asking his Agent to find him alternative employment in the first place. Fix the root cause and then he won't have the problems he does.

1 hour ago, yarddogs said:

I see Tops Off or Top On whatever he calls himself now missed his first game since 2013 last night according to Twitter and has now been banned by the club for all home games , it’s been coming for a while now.

What's he done to justify that then? Potted a coach load of away fans?

Fucking stupid of the club and strange how some of our own fans are seeming to revel in it.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucking stupid of the club and strange how some of our own fans are seeming to revel in it.

I don't get how an admission of not knowing the reason for the action can be reconciled with a conclusion that the action is "fucking stupid".

Maybe he could be made to watch the U21s for while...

Edited by Dave_Og

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Started with this I think....

...his recent tweets on the matter suggest there was more....

1 minute ago, bluehobbit said:

Well he's an absolute tool so that's why some people are glad of it probably. 

Wonder what he's done now. 

......he's a young boy who's got some growing up to do..... but his heart's in the right place. I hope, whatever the final straw was on this occasion, can be put to bed so he can return and he learns from the episode.

I don't know the lad personally but I've seen him both home and away, I doff my cap at his ability to avoid hypothermia but unless he's done something totally irreconcilable with the club, I'd hope he will be able to learn his lesson and once again take his place in the RRE.