Yeovil (12-2-19)

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

......he's a young boy who's got some growing up to do..... but his heart's in the right place. I hope, whatever the final straw was on this occasion, can be put to bed so he can return and he learns from the episode.

At what age do we stop being a young boy and start being a young man ?

Don't know the lad personally but I've seen him do some pretty stupid things so it doesn't take Walt Disney's imagination to envisage him doing something that could warrant a ban.

And as for "his heart's in the right place" every rogue who's met an untimely end's Mother says that about them or "they got mixed up with the wrong crew" when most of the time it's them who are the wrong crew.

Having said that I hope is exclusion is temporary on this occasion if he can start "behaving himself". 

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Don't know the lad personally but I've seen him do some pretty stupid things so it doesn't take Walt Disney's imagination to envisage him doing something that could warrant a ban.

And as for "his heart's in the right place" every rogue who's met an untimely end's Mother says that about them or "they got mixed up with the wrong crew" when most of the time it's them who are the wrong crew.

Having said that I hope is exclusion is temporary on this occasion if he can start "behaving himself". 

Alcohol induced. Pity as he genuinely has the Club at heart. 

Hopefully this will help him mature but he really needs to keep a low profile, learn a lesson and eventually return back to the fold 

Edited by another fan

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

:petesake: We are talking about a football fan here not Reggie and Ronnie.

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

So football fans can't break the Law ?

I was responding to "his heart's in the right place".

p.s. I've know quite a few "knobheads" but most knew when to keep a low profile.

Has he broke the law now then?

Whoever set the pyrotechnics off last night broke the law I suspect every effort will be made to actually deal with them?

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Has he broke the law now then?

Whoever set the pyrotechnics off last night broke the law I suspect every effort will be made to actually deal with them?

I don't know, was just saying if the "authorities are on your case" it's sensible to keep your head down and your gob shut. 

It's common sense really

As for the pyro players they should be locked in a sealed room with their playthings - they're unnecessary. 

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Both could well be true..... when AL falls out with players for not singing to his tune [Davies, Fane, Gerrard, Byrne]...... he freezes them out to encourage them to leave..... Hunt may have enraged him twice, for his Agent touting him about in the 1st place and then not leaving after being sent to the naughty step...... the thing he [AL] has to learn/understand is, his behaviour - wages/pension contributions paid late or not at all, his treatment of Davies, Fane, Gerrard, Byrne [justified or not], signing players that didn't seem up to it & on big wages, entering the dressing room, sacking Wellens, sacking Rhodes, sacking Bunn, meddling in selection, could well have been a significant contributor to Hunt asking his Agent to find him alternative employment in the first place. Fix the root cause and then he won't have the problems he does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Davies being frozen out. He played turned up for most of the 2nd half of the season to collect his wage without breaking sweat..….I can't see how that was AL's fault. 

5 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Davies being frozen out. He played turned up for most of the 2nd half of the season to collect his wage without breaking sweat..….I can't see how that was AL's fault. 

OK, you can disregard the entire tenet of the post based on one detail inaccuracy if you like, however the sentiment still holds true on the basis he fell out with Davies [on this occasion because Davies wanted to leave but he didn't let him] which had a detrimental effect on the team. How he [AL] handles HR situations in the future clearly requires improvement......!

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

OK, you can disregard the entire tenet of the post based on one detail inaccuracy if you like, however the sentiment still holds true on the basis he fell out with Davies [on this occasion because Davies wanted to leave but he didn't let him] which had a detrimental effect on the team. How he [AL] handles HR situations in the future clearly requires improvement......!

Imagine having the temerity to hold an adult to a contract they signed...  

Some footballers are are a bit scummy and self important.  Davies for example.  He downed tools.

Just now, kowenicki said:

Imagine having the temerity to hold an adult to a contract they signed...  

Some footballers are are a bit scummy and self important.  Davies for example.  He downed tools.

....Davies isn't absolved of responsibility, one would confidently argue he shoulders the lionshare in this instance..... but AL's dictatorial, my way or the highway, school masterly to naughty schoolboy approach to managing Human Resource, has clashed with many employees playing or otherwise, including Davies. Don't tell me it doesn't need to be addressed.....

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I would say it's more than a detail inaccuracy. At the time, we had a good partnership going between Davies and Doyle. Why would he consider letting him go? In this instance, AL did nothing wrong.

31 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I would say it's more than a detail inaccuracy. At the time, we had a good partnership going between Davies and Doyle. Why would he consider letting him go? In this instance, AL did nothing wrong.

Quelle surprise.

Any detail inaccuracies here?

".....the thing he [AL] has to learn/understand is, his behaviour;

- wages/pension contributions paid late or not at all,

- his treatment of Davies, Fane, Gerrard, Byrne, Duffus [justified or not],

- signing players that didn't seem up to it & on big wages,

- entering the dressing room,

- sacking Wellens, sacking Rhodes, sacking Bunn,

- meddling in selection, 

.....could well have been a significant contributor to Hunt asking his Agent to find him alternative employment in the first place"

Edited by lookersstandandy

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes I'm sure the staff who's pensions haven't been contributed to this financial year agree with you.

I’m sure they do. What’s your point? 

In in one case AL was behaving perfectly reasonably and in the other he wasn’t.   

Edited by kowenicki

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Maturity is defined by actions as well as age. I don't know George well enough to know how old he is but I think he is about 19/20.

However when I was 13 I was more mature than he is (might have had something to do with wanting to be a Doctor). I'd expect most posters might say the same about themselves. But George may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

Anyone who follows FSF fair cop on twitter, and I'd recommend following her if you are on twitter, knows that football clubs often act outside their authority. It is reasonable for George to pay for the damages he apparently caused but continuing to ban him after that may not be within the club's authority. (I think it would be as its a ban from home games, not all games). 

I think George does need to grow up but the same could be said of a lot of our fans. However most of our fans don't run the risk of being banned from games. 

2 minutes ago, stott182 said:

Really happy with the result but some of stuff being written make it look like we've never won a game before.

Sky article

Hopefully the coverage continues to be positive but about the club and our great fans not just Scholes.

Everything has suddenly been magnified to another level because of Scholes illustrious past and at no stage will the spotlight be off his progress, it's hoped the players can match his ambition and carry a swagger into each and every game now.

I'm sure they'll be a few in training that'll be a tad starstruck and who'd blame em

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Quelle surprise.

Any detail inaccuracies here?

".....the thing he [AL] has to learn/understand is, his behaviour;

- wages/pension contributions paid late or not at all, SAME AS CORNEY

- his treatment of Davies, Fane, Gerrard, Byrne, LPDuffus [justified or not], SEE BELOW

- signing players that didn't seem up to it & on big wages, LEARNING CURVE.....Get your head out of your arse.

- entering the dressing room, FAILING MANAGERS.

- sacking Wellens, sacking Rhodes, sacking Bunn,

- meddling in selection, FAILING MANAGERS

.....could well have been a significant contributor to Hunt asking his Agent to find him alternative employment in the first place"

Your starting position on every discussion on this subject is AL is in the wrong. In your strange head, the players kicked out were lovable rogues and the managers he got rid of should have been given more time. 

I had no problem with getting rid of Davies, Gerrard and Byrne as I always felt they thought they were bigger than than their actual ability. Fane was another matter as I have no idea what actually happened.

As for managers, I think both were weak and if AL felt they were underperforming, then why should an owner sit by and let the rot continue.

6 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Your starting position on every discussion on this subject is AL is in the wrong. In your strange head, the players kicked out were lovable rogues and the managers he got rid of should have been given more time. 

I had no problem with getting rid of Davies, Gerrard and Byrne as I always felt they thought they were bigger than than their actual ability. Fane was another matter as I have no idea what actually happened.

As for managers, I think both were weak and if AL felt they were underperforming, then why should an owner sit by and let the rot continue.

Wasting your breath.  He just hates AL. He always will. If we become sucessful under AL’s stewardship then lookers will vanish from the forum.