Any detail inaccuracies here?

".....the thing he [AL] has to learn/understand is, his behaviour;

- wages/pension contributions paid late or not at all,

- his treatment of Davies, Fane, Gerrard, Byrne, Duffus [justified or not],

- signing players that didn't seem up to it & on big wages,

- entering the dressing room,

- sacking Wellens, sacking Rhodes, sacking Bunn,

- meddling in selection, 

.....could well have been a significant contributor to Hunt asking his Agent to find him alternative employment in the first place"

There was no slacking from Hunt last night.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I’m sure they do. What’s your point? 

In in one case AL was behaving perfectly reasonably and in the other he wasn’t.   

We can't preach about holding people to contracts when we are not fully honouring them ourselves. Im pretty sure in most contracts it tells us what day of the month you will be paid something we didn't honour while Davies was here.

We treat people like this they will either put in half arsed performances or in many cases walk away (I would of fucked off along time ago if I had a boss like AL Life is far too short to go to work for a shit boss). Im hoping lessons are being learned regarding this.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We can't preach about holding people to contracts when we are not fully honouring them ourselves. Im pretty sure in most contracts it tells us what day of the month you will be paid something we didn't honour while Davies was here.

We treat people like this they will either put in half arsed performances or in many cases walk away (I would of fucked off along time ago if I had a boss like AL Life is far too short to go to work for a shit boss). Im hoping lessons are being learned regarding this.

So these people have much more tolerance than you or half of what we hear is bullshit. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Your starting position on every discussion on this subject is AL is in the wrong. In your strange head, the players kicked out were lovable rogues and the managers he got rid of should have been given more time. 

I had no problem with getting rid of Davies, Gerrard and Byrne as I always felt they thought they were bigger than than their actual ability. Fane was another matter as I have no idea what actually happened.

As for managers, I think both were weak and if AL felt they were underperforming, then why should an owner sit by and let the rot continue.

It’d be nice if Andy could buy into the ‘fresh start’. 

23 hours ago, Handsy said:

Steady on  BP he was good but  praise that high  are you sure

MassIve fan of Groves, but he had many off days.

Branger isn't in the same class but has similarities in style of play. Scholes hopefully can improve him further.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Your starting position on every discussion on this subject is AL is in the wrong. In your strange head, the players kicked out were lovable rogues and the managers he got rid of should have been given more time. 

I had no problem with getting rid of Davies, Gerrard and Byrne as I always felt they thought they were bigger than than their actual ability. Fane was another matter as I have no idea what actually happened.

As for managers, I think both were weak and if AL felt they were underperforming, then why should an owner sit by and let the rot continue.

I think that’s a very charitable position to take.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Wasting your breath.  He just hates AL. He always will. If we become sucessful under AL’s stewardship then lookers will vanish from the forum. 

Fool.

20 minutes ago, maddog said:

It’d be nice if Andy could buy into the ‘fresh start’. 

Fair. I’m happy to do that..... but if he defaults to type, I’m not going to be an apologist for it.

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Spot on.

41 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Fool.

Fair. I’m happy to do that..... but if he defaults to type, I’m not going to be an apologist for it.

We’ll see.  I give it a week. 

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Did you take the same view with Corney paying players late on a regular basis for several years?

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Wasting your breath.  He just hates AL. He always will. If we become sucessful under AL’s stewardship then lookers will vanish from the forum. 

I wouldn't have thought so, he has some valid points re AL, he just as much as the rest of us wants him to succeed. 

19 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Fool.

You can say I told you so if it goes tits up then Andy. But if it goes the opposite (thinking what’s the opposite I’m going for tits out 😁) then will you be man enough to admit your wrong ? Maybe AL has had a plan all along and hopefully things will start to turn for the better now. 

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You can say I told you so if it goes tits up then Andy. But if it goes the opposite (thinking what’s the opposite I’m going for tits out 😁) then will you be man enough to admit your wrong ? Maybe AL has had a plan all along and hopefully things will start to turn for the better now. 

Tits down surely?

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I will have no interest in saying I told you so if my football club suffers. I will take no pleasure from it whatsoever. All I have asked for to date - not unreasonably - is the semblance of a business plan to improve the fortunes of our club.

He (AL) should be concerning himself with improvements to infrastructure, facilities and how to increase income. He shouldn’t be faffing about banishing player after player to the naughty step & bursting into the dressing room every other week. Let’s see if/how he engages with the news Brassbank are potentially willing to sell their land to a fan led group? He could start by appointing a functioning board to include our Trust rep and so she could push for / influence / understand what his Plans are. Alas, we still don’t have one.

Hygiene factors like paying wages on time, pensions contributions at all, winding up petitions, lots of disgruntled ex employees, negative journo stories, should be infrequent events in a well run business. In his defence, we have seen less of these over recent times, albeit there was a recent rumour another story could break. Equally I’m not congratulating anyone for doing the bare minimum.

For the first time one could argue his foreign legion of signings seem to be making a collectable discernible difference.... and he has convinced one of the highest profile managers we could possibly hope to attract to join us. There are green shoots of recovery.... but we are still mid table in a division below where he joined us, a division we last competed in before I was born. So, forgive me for not being satisfied or lavishing praise his way yet.... but if he behaves, the manager is allowed to do his job, facilities improve & we become competitive, I’ll be the first to congratulate him.

33 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I will have no interest in saying I told you so if my football club suffers. I will take no pleasure from it whatsoever. All I have asked for to date - not unreasonably - is the semblance of a business plan to improve the fortunes of our club.

He (AL) should be concerning himself with improvements to infrastructure, facilities and how to increase income. He shouldn’t be faffing about banishing player after player to the naughty step & bursting into the dressing room every other week. Let’s see if/how he engages with the news Brassbank are potentially willing to sell their land to a fan led group? He could start by appointing a functioning board to include our Trust rep and so she could push for / influence / understand what his Plans are. Alas, we still don’t have one.

Hygiene factors like paying wages on time, pensions contributions at all, winding up petitions, lots of disgruntled ex employees, negative journo stories, should be infrequent events in a well run business. In his defence, we have seen less of these over recent times, albeit there was a recent rumour another story could break. Equally I’m not congratulating anyone for doing the bare minimum.

For the first time one could argue his foreign legion of signings seem to be making a collectable discernible difference.... and he has convinced one of the highest profile managers we could possibly hope to attract to join us. There are green shoots of recovery.... but we are still mid table in a division below where he joined us, a division we last competed in before I was born. So, forgive me for not being satisfied or lavishing praise his way yet.... but if he behaves, the manager is allowed to do his job, facilities improve & we become competitive, I’ll be the first to congratulate him.

Good fair post. And I agree with the majority. Remember though slowly slowly is what he said and maybe , just maybe that’s what is happening and maybe he did have a plan all along. He was never going to just day my plan is to do x y z. Let’s wait and see and also hope anyway. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:37 PM, Magic Mikey said:

Fair play to them. A hell of a trek on a Tuesday night to watch those cloggers. Deserved the applause we gave them when the attendance was read out.

True, we took 262 to them on a Tuesday night earlier in the season, ridiculous how good our away support is compared to other clubs with similar home attendances.

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

True, we took 262 to them on a Tuesday night earlier in the season, ridiculous how good our away support is compared to other clubs with similar home attendances.

I think their home attendance has been much bigger than ours in recent years aswell.. might have dropped off in all fairness so couldn’t say with complete accuracy.

i know Deyres doesn’t like people banging the away following drum but it’s one of the only things we can be ‘proud’ of in recent years. Even tho it’s not at our all time high, it’s fairly good going.