Mods...

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Funnily enough thats where the band took their name from. Belle et Sebastian.

It would be lost on today's kids, it was on us back then along with a host of other poorly dubbed foreign shows we had to endure on the two TV channels we had to choose from :laught30:

9 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

It would be lost on today's kids, it was on us back then along with a host of other poorly dubbed foreign shows we had to endure on the two TV channels we had to choose from :laught30:

That black and white dubbed Robinson Crusoe on every day during the summer school holidays in the 70’s was a favourite of mine.

wonder if you can still watch it somewhere?

2 hours ago, stevesidg said:

That black and white dubbed Robinson Crusoe on every day during the summer school holidays in the 70’s was a favourite of mine.

It just so happens that you can 😁

Your Robert Hoffmann version where he never actually talks (you only hear his thoughts out loud) is available on DVD for little money as well as that other classic 'The Flashing Blade'..............bet you'll remember the theme tune to that one :boxer: hahahaha

Edited by OLDHAMADE
Missing word lol

21 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

It just so happens that you can 😁

Your Robert Hoffmann version where he never actually talks (you only hear his thoughts out loud) is available on DVD for little money as well as that other classic 'The Flashing Blade'..............bet you'll remember the theme tune to that one :boxer: hahahaha

I’m gonna get the dvd cheers 

🌴 ☀️😁

38 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

I’m gonna get the dvd cheers 

🌴 ☀️😁

It'll certainly take you back 👍

Like yourself it was one of my favourite shows of that era and I hunted high and low for the chance to see it once again, sadly the cost was more than I wanted to lay out at that time but then a decade on it was widely available and I bought it cheaply off Ebay but Amazon had it too.

Enjoy! 😉

11 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

It'll certainly take you back 👍

Like yourself it was one of my favourite shows of that era and I hunted high and low for the chance to see it once again, sadly the cost was more than I wanted to lay out at that time but then a decade on it was widely available and I bought it cheaply off Ebay but Amazon had it too.

Enjoy! 😉

Why don't you just sack off buying that DVD and go out and do something less boring instead. 

5 hours ago, stevesidg said:

When I saw my first colour film I was amazed, I thought the real world pre ww2 was all black and white.

First programme I can remember watching our family's colour telly was "High Chapparal". 

Was really impressed probably because most of the films shown at the "Lyric" then were in black and white too.

Getting home from school and waiting for the telly programmes to start was pretty exciting.

My my how things have progressed - in some ways ! 

]

14 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

It's paraphrasing the name of another children's TV show of the time. Maybe someone in nappies has been too subtle for you. Wank insult btw.

I hold my hand up and apologise for my stupidity, ofcourse it was but not one I viewed myself and thought it was yet another ageist dig from a youngster.

1-0 to you :ohno:again, very sorry.