• Branger-Engone
    • Baxter
    • Dearnley
    • Hunt
    • Sylla
    • O'Grady

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Tough one. Baxter, Nepo, Branger-Getgone and Missile all outstanding

Edmondson did little wrong and his distribution was much better, won every header he competed for and had their No 9 in his pocket most of the night.

Still went for Missilou though :grin:

21 minutes ago, rosa said:

Branger Engone, and not just to annoy @lookersstandandy. He was an absolute powerhouse. Another brilliant game for both Missilou and Maouche as well. 

Ha. How could it possibly annoy me that he gets MOM.... I hope he gets MOM every week and earns us £30m when he goes to Real Madrid. He only annoys me when he plays and doesn’t deserve to... which has been many times this season.

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Ha. How could it possibly annoy me that he gets MOM.... I hope he gets MOM every week and earns us £30m when he goes to Real Madrid. He only annoys me when he plays and doesn’t deserve to... which has been many times this season.

Maybe he's always deserved his place just needed to get up to proper match fitness?

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He was better than normal to be fair.

Him and Nepomuceno had their right flank on toast. While it’s obvious Nepomuceno is a better winger than full back he has usually performed well at full back.

Branger cutting inside giving room for Nepomuceno to overlap is a ploy that teams at this level will find very hard to stop. Branger got lots of joy when he cut inside or was narrow to begin with.

Edited by rudemedic

I've gone for Branger. It was a close call with Missilou, Nepomuceno, Edmundson and Baxter outstanding. I've long thought Branger would never make the grade, but his link up with Nepomuceno and his ability to take defenders on has been a revelation.

Edited by Bristolatic
Spelling mistake

15 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Was Branger better than normal or was he up against a woeful fullback? He’s showed promise before but has normally been found out rather sharpish...

Im pretty sure he was up against a left footed right back for most of the game. Not sure if that is relevant or not. 

1 hour ago, astottie said:

Im pretty sure he was up against a left footed right back for most of the game. Not sure if that is relevant or not. 

If anything that should help the defender as Branger cutting inside would mean coming on to the defender's strongest side.