Trust Oldham annoucement. Boundary park purchase

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Diego, unless I really have missed something. There are two parties in situ at BP. Landlord and tennant

Landlords are brassbank LTD

Tennant is club which is owned by Mr Lemsagram. Mr Lemsagram owns club in name only. Nothing else. He leases and has a rental agreement in place

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Sorry I’m thick... so the fans group/Trust are looking to buy everything excluding the OEC/North Stand then, is that correct?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Diego, unless I really have missed something. There are two parties in situ at BP. Landlord and tennant

Landlords are brassbank LTD

Tennant is club which is owned by Mr Lemsagram. Mr Lemsagram owns club in name only. Nothing else. He leases and has a rental agreement in place

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

3 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Thanks for that. Happy Valentine's Day! ☺️

I've seen better chat up lines but it seemed to do the trick.....

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Dave, you're coming across really grumpy at the minute.... I'd go as far as to say a difficult read.

:lol: :grin: 

Considering you've been demanding Abdallah tells you his "plan" in great detail for what seems like an eternity it's a bit odd that you view a couple of statements and posts explaining pretty much fuck all with such enthusiasm.....

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

:lol: :grin: 

Considering you've been demanding Abdallah tells you his "plan" in great detail for what seems like an eternity it's a bit odd that you view a couple of statements and posts explaining pretty much fuck all with such enthusiasm.....

That's more like the Dave that had a 4,000+ approval rating.... :D

Edited by lookersstandandy

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How come?

It tells us nothing and just raises loads of questions. Just non-information isn't it? 

Well it can’t be a worse outcome in my view. Therefore I’ll go with positive.

I suppose it could effectively be “no change” if Trust is potless, friendless and deluded, as we may then just end up with new landlords. 

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Means nothing.

My take on it is the Trust are getting involved because the ACV has been triggered not because they are in a position to put an offer in.

IOf course it means something. If nothing else it means they are a massively better position than if he wasn't there. He will easily have the contacts for the situation both finance and charitable trust wise. Note the calm compose nature of the Trust communicaiton. And a bit more than coincidence I feel, especially given the timing of his appointment and the appearance of Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.

Edited by singe

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly, but I thought we had a lease until 2031? 

It appears we do.... but I'm sure there are ways/means to break that, should there be a will.... such as a business convincing the council they could create jobs/housing in the area.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It appears we do.... but I'm sure there are ways/means to break that, should there be a will.... such as a business convincing the council they could create jobs/housing in the area.

Would imagine the football club would take priority in council eyes unless they intend building a new stadium.

51 minutes ago, singe said:

IOf course it means something. If nothing else it means they are a massively better position than if he wasn't there. He will easily have the contacts for the situation both finance and charitable trust wise. Note the calm compose nature of the Trust communicaiton. And a bit more than coincidence I feel, especially given the timing of his appointment and the appearance of Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.

I agree with your sentiments, better to have him than not...and at 20 years spent with JP Morgan, the man must have a whole world of experience behind him. It is the natural tendency of some to default to the negative every time 'news' breaks regarding Oldham Athletic. It could be symptomatic of the club seemingly being in a constant shit storm in recent times.

Me? Just looking forward to dismantling Crewe on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I agree with your sentiments, better to have him than not...and at 20 years spent with JP Morgan, the man must have a whole world of experience behind him. It is the natural tendency of some to default to the negative every time 'news' breaks regarding Oldham Athletic. It could be symptomatic of the club seemingly being in a constant shit storm in recent times.

Me? Just looking forward to dismantling Crewe on Saturday. 

I concede we need to be on a guard, and I'm not lemming like in my assumptions all is suddenly well. But yes, hopefully a decent result and performance on Saturday to start an upward curve. 

I think it is clear that the Trust don’t have any financial weight to throw behind this attempt to purchase the ground and whoever has invited them to get involved knows that. The fact that they want them involved, however, has to be a positive.

This is described as ‘fan led’. If that is the case then whoever it is will want some element of legitimacy and the Trust offers that. Whatever your views of the Trust, there is no other fan group out there. The Supporters Association disbanded years ago so the Trust offers the best chance of putting forward the “fans’ perspective”. We need to trust that they will ensure that our best interests are represented in any meetings but to do that, we probably need to leave them in peace to get on with it. In return the Trust need to tell us what they can do when they can do.

We mustn’t kid ourselves. The odds that someone wants to purchase the ground solely to secure the future of the club feels unlikely. You would need a hell of a lot of cash rattling round your pockets to do that. It is important, therefore, that the commercial sense of the deal is considered alongside the requirement to benefit the football club. Abdallah needs to be consulted with very closely if he isn’t part of the consortium (assuming it is a consortium).