Trust Oldham annoucement. Boundary park purchase

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Basics are we have 31 more years on our lease so we’re not going anywhere. 

Could be an interesting couple of months especially with the fact our sponsorship with sports direct runs out in a few months aswell. 

I thought the Sports Direct deal was ended a while back wasn’t it? 

Edited by HarryBosch

23 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Basics are we have 31 more years on our lease so we’re not going anywhere. 

Could be an interesting couple of months especially with the fact our sponsorship with sports direct runs out in a few months aswell. 

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I thought that was ended a while back wasn’t it? 

Agree, I don't think it lasts 31 more years, I think it lasts until 2031 (IIRC) so 12 more years.

EDIT Yes, Simon Brooke (who played a prominent part)

Edited by singe

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Do you want to tell us more seeing as you keep intimating you’re ITK about this....? 

I honestly don’t have anything concrete I can share. I have been told largely in riddles by someone who I believe is actually in the know who is an aquatance of mine that there is a long term plan by a group of people (some actual fans, some friends and business partners of theirs) to run the club ‘properly’. 

They have been very concerned by goings on at the club for the last year or so if you catch my drift. I should point out that I don’t believe that it’s anyone that has been involved with the ownership of the club previously.

I am largely joining dots, but the announcement would seem to fit with what was hinted to me some

months ago. I guess we just need to watch this space. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You think there's enough land there to justify the £6 million + price tag and everything that goes with it?

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You think there's enough land there to justify the £6 million + price tag and everything that goes with it?

If it includes the Joe Royle stand then yes, they paid the council £3m for the land and the Royle stand allegedly cost £4 million , do guess they’re trying to get their money back 

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

As soon as my numbers come out tonight the club is all mine

Thanks for reminding me to buy my Euro Lottery ticket. Hands off my £144m!

2 hours ago, singe said:

Agree, I don't think it lasts 31 more years, I think it lasts until 2031 (IIRC) so 12 more years.

IIRC the BP lease was originally for 20 years, with the option of a further 20 years?

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

If it includes the Joe Royle stand then yes, they paid the council £3m for the land and the Royle stand allegedly cost £4 million , do guess they’re trying to get their money back 

You aren't entitled to get your money back whenever you 'invest' it. It all seems a bit weird that the landlords think this but forget the money they've had out of the club and its land already. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

No need to shout :laught16:

Sorry had cap lock on from spending 5hrs on trust membership stuff.

For some reason people want to join and I am happy to take their cash.

Now I need to lie down as its been..ooooo at least 6 weeks since I did some serious admin work. hahah

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I honestly don’t have anything concrete I can share. I have been told largely in riddles by someone who I believe is actually in the know who is an aquatance of mine that there is a long term plan by a group of people (some actual fans, some friends and business partners of theirs) to run the club ‘properly’. 

They have been very concerned by goings on at the club for the last year or so if you catch my drift. I should point out that I don’t believe that it’s anyone that has been involved with the ownership of the club previously.

I am largely joining dots, but the announcement would seem to fit with what was hinted to me some

months ago. I guess we just need to watch this space. 

That’s better. And reassuring, maybe. Thank you. 

[upboat] 

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

That’s better. And reassuring, maybe. Thank you. 

[upboat] 

Just as a slight addition, the original intention of the North Stand was to provide the club with a revenue stream outside of just matchdays, and help it to become sustainable. My understanding is that the people involved (and again I genuinely don’t know who they are) believe this is very much achievable.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

So they want Lemsagam out?

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So they want Lemsagam out?

I’m honestly trying not be obtuse, but I’d rather not say. The Trust have said sensitive discussions are going on, and if I have indeed joined some dots correctly, and it’s entitely likely I haven’t, I’d hate to be the one spoiling anything.