Trust Oldham annoucement. Boundary park purchase

11 minutes ago, bozman said:

I've heard the names of  two of the people allegedly involved in this. Neither of them are fans of Lemsagam.

If it's true that Lemsagam paid Corney £3m and the land is 'worth' £6m and two stands need very significant work (at best) it wouldn't be hard to put the overall price, before any playing investment and running costs are even considered at well north of £15m.  

Hmmm.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If it's true that Lemsagam paid Corney £3m and the land is 'worth' £6m and two stands need very significant work (at best) it wouldn't be hard to put the overall price, before any playing investment and running costs are even considered at well north of £15m.  

Hmmm.

I may be should have added that neither of those people would be in a position to get anywhere near to funding  this venture from their own wealth.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

You aren't entitled to get your money back whenever you 'invest' it. It all seems a bit weird that the landlords think this but forget the money they've had out of the club and its land already. 

What money ? Other than a couple of dozen houses, they haven’t had made a great deal. Can see how it’s weird, they landlords want to (at least ) break even on the money they invested - don’t know anyone that invests to lose money ? 

1 minute ago, mad4it said:

What money ? Other than a couple of dozen houses, they haven’t had made a great deal. Can see how it’s weird, they landlords want to (at least ) break even on the money they invested - don’t know anyone that invests to lose money ? 

Sometimes cutting a loss is the best investment decision that can be made.

4 minutes ago, mad4it said:

I agree that they will have made little or no money from their investments. People don't want to lose money but sometimes they do and then have to cut their losses.

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

31 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I agree that they will have made little or no money from their investments. People don't want to lose money but sometimes they do and then have to cut their losses.

Absolutely, but as the the economy has recovered, I guess the land is worth at least what they paid for it . The problem is that we are hearing rumours of mystery benefactors and (I for one) are suspicious of their intentions . The safety way to safeguard the future of the ground is to sell / buy the land in small plots, with the binding agreement that the land can’t be sold without the prior agreement of all the other plot / land owners . 

What a wonderful thread this is.  We have just exhausted the New Manager speculation only to get potentially six months of everyone free to speculate on who and why and what and could we (the Trust) purchase Boundary Park with all the people who know who and why and what sworn to silence.  Manna from heaven.

Go to it..............

PS I think it is the thing that I could have said I told you so only I'm not going to tell (confidentiality of the urinal - boys will understand).  But if it is it will be some of the best news we have heard for a long long time.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

That's what I try do when losing at the horse races.😞

Sometimes the losses increase though when I don't accept the inevitable. 😥

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

That nice big tax hit the club took to keep Brassbank an inactive company. (Around the time the Clayton arms was demolished). The new stand that was strangely built after we got to the 5th round (+replay) in the cup and the player sales soon after. Plus 2 other games at 45000 Anfield. 

Lots of people lost money after 2008. Why should the Landlords be different just because they brought a football club and its land? 

So ghostofcecere believes that after we've finally made what appears to be a fantastic managerial appointment we now have a group of people looking to buy the ground with the aim of overthrowing AL? (Thats the impression ive got)

As many people on here believe he is an egomaniac i think that might rub him up the wrong way would it not? Can't imagine that being a good thing

That nice big tax hit the club took to keep Brassbank an inactive company. (Around the time the Clayton arms was demolished). The new stand that was strangely built after we got to the 5th round (+replay) in the cup and the player sales soon after. Plus 2 other games at 45000 Anfield. 

Lots of people lost money after 2008. Why should the Landlords be different just because they brought a football club and its land? 

Man buys land. Man wants at least what he paid for it when he sells it. What a strange concept...

Interesting enough, Sean Fielding recently announced that Oldham was releasing some of its green belt land , and some brown field land to Greater Manchester Coucil to enable the house build targets set by the government, so I’d say that the land now holds its orginal value .

As cup runs they have been few and far between over recent years , and any money generated from them would have gone to reduce the clubs debts ... think you’re mistaking blitz and gazal with the Glaziers at Man U ?

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So ghostofcecere believes that after we've finally made what appears to be a fantastic managerial appointment we now have a group of people looking to buy the ground with the aim of overthrowing AL? (Thats the impression ive got)

As many people on here believe he is an egomaniac i think that might rub him up the wrong way would it not? Can't imagine that being a good thing

AL needs to be kept WELL in the lop during the BP negotiations.  If he isn't interested in buying/can't afford it/can't get a consortium together to buy it , then he needs to have good relations with whoever does own it.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What's the record for number of pages on a thread? 

We have over 7200 replies and 290 pages on the takeover / New investment thread that's been going on a good 18 months and is still going strong.

This saga is like to last a good 6 months minimum so I expect it to give it a run for its money.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We have over 7200 replies and 290 pages on the takeover / New investment thread that's been going on a good 18 months and is still going strong.

This saga is like to last a good 6 months minimum so I expect it to give it a run for its money.

There are only a handful of clubs in L1 & 2 that have a forum as active as ours. Great to see. 

12 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Interesting enough, Sean Fielding recently announced that Oldham was releasing some of its green belt land , and some brown field land to Greater Manchester Coucil to enable the house build targets set by the government, so I’d say that the land now holds its orginal value .

As cup runs they have been few and far between over recent years , and any money generated from them would have gone to reduce the clubs debts ... think you’re mistaking blitz and gazal with the Glaziers at Man U ?

But over that time the debt has I creased so it stood at £9.3m at 2017. Could be a lot more. 

I suspect it went towards the stand and operating costs. 

14 minutes ago, mad4it said:

The club's debts which increased by a 6 figure sum to keep their company inactive. 

They weren't funding the club when we made £1million+ from a cup run. Why should they see that money in addition to the stand that was conveniently started within months?

The original value (they paid for it) was £3million not the £6million they are asking for. 

If someone wants to pay the market price for the land that's their business I don't see why running a football club entitles anyone to make a profit. But loads on here seem to. 

They are entitled to get what they can get, however, the debts the club are supposedly saddled with involve some creative accounting and forgetting items that helped Brassbank out. Like clearly significantly funding a stand now wholly owned by Brassbank and a 6 figure tax bill that went on the club's accounts not Brassbank's despite being connected to the land / development. 

Edited by rudemedic

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The original value (they paid for it) was £3million not the £6million they are asking for. 

If someone wants to pay the market price for the land that's their business I don't see why running a football club entitles anyone to make a profit. But loads on here seem to. 

Wonder how much your house is worth compared to the original purchase price? It is not rocket science to appreciate that land values generally rise over time.

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

They weren't funding the club when we made £1million+ from a cup run. Why should they see that money in addition to the stand that was conveniently started within months?

So who was funding the club at this time? Hardly any club, in fact I would say no club makes money out of gate revenue alone so gate monies just get swallowed up in the general running of the club.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Wonder how much your house is worth compared to the original purchase price? It is not rocket science to appreciate that land values generally rise over time.

In 10 years, our house has increased by about 15%. We’ve spent more than that on the upkeep though. Your point? 

22 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

In 10 years, our house has increased by about 15%. We’ve spent more than that on the upkeep though. Your point? 

If you need to ask your point there is no point in continuing the discussion. Having seen your contribution to the other thread I would not want to continue anyway.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The club's debts which increased by a 6 figure sum to keep their company inactive. 

They are entitled to get what they can get, however, the debts the club are supposedly saddled with involve some creative accounting and forgetting items that helped Brassbank out. Like clearly significantly funding a stand now wholly owned by Brassbank and a 6 figure tax bill that went on the club's accounts not Brassbank's despite being connected to the land / development. 

Have you been hacked by Owen Jones?

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Hmmm.

So Lemsagam paid Corney £3m and the land is worth £6m...that's a bit of a leap to get to "well north of £15m".

4 hours ago, Hands on said:

What a wonderful thread this is.  We have just exhausted the New Manager speculation only to get potentially six months of everyone free to speculate on who and why and what and could we (the Trust) purchase Boundary Park with all the people who know who and why and what sworn to silence.  Manna from heaven.

Go to it..............

PS I think it is the thing that I could have said I told you so only I'm not going to tell (confidentiality of the urinal - boys will understand).  But if it is it will be some of the best news we have heard for a long long time.

It's not just that damned new logo that's giving me a headache!