Trust Oldham annoucement. Boundary park purchase

4 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

So Lemsagam paid Corney £3m and the land is worth £6m...that's a bit of a leap to get to "well north of £15m".

Maybe read the rest of my post?

Pretty clear that the main stand and chaddy are on their last legs.  We know that new stands don't come cheap,

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I too read that post and this one and still haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about......

Well it ain't complex

£3m + £6m = £9m

Major renovations to/replacements of two stands = substantial additional cash.

What did the North stand cost?

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Wonder how much your house is worth compared to the original purchase price? It is not rocket science to appreciate that land values generally rise over time.

So who was funding the club at this time? Hardly any club, in fact I would say no club makes money out of gate revenue alone so gate monies just get swallowed up in the general running of the club.

My house in Durham has gone down in price. Not by much but down. It was purchased in 2007. 

Land values do rise over time. But not when you significantly reduce the amount of land and are asking double the purchase price, after only 15 years with a massive worldwide housing slump in the middle. 

Corney was supposed to be funding the club. It’s clear he wasn’t funding it as much as he made out. The other people on the Board should have made that clear to the new owner.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well it ain't complex

£3m + £6m = £9m

Major renovations to/replacements of two stands = substantial additional cash.

What did the North stand cost?

Correct me If Im wrong but Lemsagam paid Corney nothing for the shares he just had to pay off the debt that was most in urgent need of being paid off.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

No, still none the wiser.... Sorry...

If rudemedic got Owen Jones did you get Diane Abbott? 

I'd give it to you in words of one syllable but as I've just used the word 'syllable' which has three syllables that would be a bit pointless.

So I'll ask you a question instead.

If a buyer of the land with the best interests of the club at heart wanted to buy the whole thing, lock, stack and barrel, and keep the club at Boundary Park how much do you think they would need to commit?

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd give it to you in words of one syllable but as I've just used the word 'syllable' which has three syllables that would be a bit pointless.

So I'll ask you a question instead.

If a buyer of the land with the best interests of the club at heart wanted to buy the whole thing, lock, stack and barrel, and keep the club at Boundary Park how much do you think they would need to commit?

I've no idea and don't see any point in guessing. 

13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The original value (they paid for it) was £3million not the £6million they are asking for. 

The North Stand and cost of building it wasn’t included in the original price, so that will take it close to the £6m they are asking .

My concern is that the trust had a meeting with brass bank on Monday and as if by magic they pull a rabbit (or rabbits) with a spare £6m to invest in the purchase of the the land - apparently, a rabbit that doesn’t expect a return on their investment - smell I little like Grimsby docks to me 

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Anybody any idea wtf mad4it is going on about?

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

He's playing his game of Simple Simon Says.

No that simply really , but I’ll put in simple terms so you can understand . 1. Trust hold Q&A meeting with landlord   2. Landlord by the way we are selling the land for £6m. 3. Trust says funny you should say that my mate has got a spare £6m 4. Landlord so what does you mate expect to gain from this . 5 Trust nothing 

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

Rummy is a restraining order? wow..always struck me as having the "mod boys" to send around in a friendly way of course

As you were....

It all went very weird just before the downboats disappeared. Any road up, not communicating with Mad4it is no bad thing.