Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Trust Oldham annoucement. Boundary park purchase

Recommended Posts

Basics are we have 31 more years on our lease so we’re not going anywhere. 

 

Could be an interesting couple of months especially with the fact our sponsorship with sports direct runs out in a few months aswell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Basics are we have 31 more years on our lease so we’re not going anywhere. 

 

Could be an interesting couple of months especially with the fact our sponsorship with sports direct runs out in a few months aswell. 

 

I thought the Sports Direct deal was ended a while back wasn’t it? 

Edited by HarryBosch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Sell the lot for housing and move to Failsworth?...on second thoughts.

No not at all. Latics safe and secure at BP, and on a sound financial footing. It’s a long term plan though, this is the first part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Basics are we have 31 more years on our lease so we’re not going anywhere. 

 

Could be an interesting couple of months especially with the fact our sponsorship with sports direct runs out in a few months aswell. 

 

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

I thought that was ended a while back wasn’t it? 

Agree, I don't think it lasts 31 more years, I think it lasts until 2031 (IIRC) so 12 more years.

EDIT Yes, Simon Brooke (who played a prominent part)

 

Edited by singe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, singe said:

 

Agree, I don't think it lasts 31 more years, I think it lasts until 2031 (IIRC) so 12 more years.

S. Brooke suggested it had been extended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

S. Brooke suggested it had been extended.

Thanks just found the Tweet. Although implied, I cannot find anywhere that extends it beyond 2031 officially. May be the case of course, but so far not provable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

S. Brooke suggested it had been extended.

 

Is S Brooke back in the Trust fold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

No not at all. Latics safe and secure at BP, and on a sound financial footing. It’s a long term plan though, this is the first part. 

 

Do you want to tell us more seeing as you keep intimating you’re ITK about this....? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Do you want to tell us more seeing as you keep intimating you’re ITK about this....? 

It's like pulling teeth 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Do you want to tell us more seeing as you keep intimating you’re ITK about this....? 

I honestly don’t have anything concrete I can share. I have been told largely in riddles by someone who I believe is actually in the know who is an aquatance of mine that there is a long term plan by a group of people (some actual fans, some friends and business partners of theirs) to run the club ‘properly’. 

 

They have been very concerned by goings on at the club for the last year or so if you catch my drift. I should point out that I don’t believe that it’s anyone that has been involved with the ownership of the club previously.

 

I am largely joining dots, but the announcement would seem to fit with what was hinted to me some

months ago. I guess we just need to watch this space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

As soon as my numbers come out tonight the club is all mine

I said the same to my Mrs, she didn’t seem very impressed☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You think there's enough land there to justify the £6 million + price tag and everything that goes with it?

 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You think there's enough land there to justify the £6 million + price tag and everything that goes with it?

If it includes the Joe Royle stand then yes, they paid the council £3m for the land and the Royle stand allegedly cost £4 million , do guess they’re trying to get their money back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

As soon as my numbers come out tonight the club is all mine

 

Thanks for reminding me to buy my Euro Lottery ticket. Hands off my £144m!

 

2 hours ago, singe said:

Agree, I don't think it lasts 31 more years, I think it lasts until 2031 (IIRC) so 12 more years.

 

IIRC the BP lease was originally for 20 years, with the option of a further 20 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad4it said:

 

If it includes the Joe Royle stand then yes, they paid the council £3m for the land and the Royle stand allegedly cost £4 million , do guess they’re trying to get their money back 

You aren't entitled to get your money back whenever you 'invest' it. It all seems a bit weird that the landlords think this but forget the money they've had out of the club and its land already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

No need to shout :laught16:

Sorry had cap lock on from spending 5hrs on trust membership stuff.

 

For some reason people want to join and I am happy to take their cash.

 

Now I need to lie down as its been..ooooo at least 6 weeks since I did some serious admin work. hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I honestly don’t have anything concrete I can share. I have been told largely in riddles by someone who I believe is actually in the know who is an aquatance of mine that there is a long term plan by a group of people (some actual fans, some friends and business partners of theirs) to run the club ‘properly’. 

 

They have been very concerned by goings on at the club for the last year or so if you catch my drift. I should point out that I don’t believe that it’s anyone that has been involved with the ownership of the club previously.

 

I am largely joining dots, but the announcement would seem to fit with what was hinted to me some

months ago. I guess we just need to watch this space. 

 

That’s better. And reassuring, maybe. Thank you. 

 

[upboat] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

That’s better. And reassuring, maybe. Thank you. 

 

[upboat] 

Just as a slight addition, the original intention of the North Stand was to provide the club with a revenue stream outside of just matchdays, and help it to become sustainable. My understanding is that the people involved (and again I genuinely don’t know who they are) believe this is very much achievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

 

 

They have been very concerned by goings on at the club for the last year or so if you catch my drift. I should point out that I don’t believe that it’s anyone that has been involved with the ownership of the club previously.

 

 

 

So they want Lemsagam out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

So they want Lemsagam out?

I’m honestly trying not be obtuse, but I’d rather not say. The Trust have said sensitive discussions are going on, and if I have indeed joined some dots correctly, and it’s entitely likely I haven’t, I’d hate to be the one spoiling anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

So they want Lemsagam out?

I've heard the names of  two of the people allegedly involved in this. Neither of them are fans of Lemsagam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

What's the record for number of pages on a thread? 

 

The Ched Evans one I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...