This is how it feels.........................right now

Don't know about you but it's like a massive weight has been lifted with the appointment of Scholes and I personally feel a total sense of happiness and inner well-being because the club appears to finally be heading in the right direction with a well balanced side that's playing with a freedom and togetherness, which in turn will see more wins than losses and possibly a shot at getting back to where we should be.

Once again thanks to P.W for taking brilliant care of team matters and to Big AL for making the seemingly impossible happen, goes without saying I'm chuffed to bits and excited at long last 

13 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Don't know about you but it's like a massive weight has been lifted with the appointment of Scholes and I personally feel a total sense of happiness and inner well-being because the club appears to finally be heading in the right direction with a well balanced side that's playing with a freedom and togetherness, which in turn will see more wins than losses and possibly a shot at getting back to where we should be.

Once again thanks to P.W for taking brilliant care of team matters and to Big AL for making the seemingly impossible happen, goes without saying I'm chuffed to bits and excited at long last 

It does feel a happier place, and It still feels a bit surreal that he’s the manager. However it remains to be seen if AL can keep his neb out of team affairs. 

Lets hope so. 

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Bit early for this,  still plenty of time left for everything to go tits up, remember it’s the hope that kills you.

20 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Bit early for this,  still plenty of time left for everything to go tits up, remember it’s the hope that kills you.

First time in a long time and all that, nowt wrong with a few positive waves

Yes, it might seem that way after so many false Dawn's but if not this time we will do it the next.

Gutted I couldnt make Tuesday but watched the live stream and genuinely buzzing for Saturday now with my lad!

Probably caught up in the moment but i genuinely think (probably more hope) that this is a turning point for this club!

Whatever happens now this season I can sense a real collective optimism around the place that we have been missing for such a long long time!

UTB's

The way I look at it, scholes isn't in it for the money, he is down here because he has an affinity with the club so I can't see him leaving for a barnsley or Bristol. He is here for the long haul if successful.

As for Al, he ain't gunna plough that money into getting scholes and then scrimp on the budget. Nor is he gunna meddle. I would have thought that was scholes demands on taking the job. Just let him get on with it, and I actually think he will.

I don't see any draw backs to the situation at the minute, unless scholes completely bombs as management (by his own making) which is unlikely. 

Everyone in football wants him to do well and he has so many contacts it's unreal. Its like we have got 1up on every other team in the league.

Say your a kid from Wigan or one of the Sheffield club's looking for a loan out. Who are you going to want to play for?

Aspin?

Askey?

Lowe?

Tisdale?

Or Scholes?

It's a no brainer

Someone made a comment at the game on Tuesday that all of ALs signings are coming good, and it's hard to disagree. Most of the star performers are his signings. 

I'm realistic in as much that I know we are still some way off The play offs, but it's not insurmountable. I don't think we will be far off the top of the form table between now and may

Edited by philliggi

Y

15 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Dont want to sound a grump but Remember when AL took over and Wellens was given the job, the first few games the football was quality and everyone thought we had eventually turned a corner...

Lets not get carried away just yet

Yeah. Your right. 

Everything’s shit. 😉

34 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Dont want to sound a grump but Remember when AL took over and Wellens was given the job, the first few games the football was quality and everyone thought we had eventually turned a corner...

Lets not get carried away just yet

I'm feeling a renewed sense of hope.

But at the same time my feet are firmly on the ground.

I think it's a good balanced place to be.

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm feeling a renewed sense of hope.

But at the same time my feet are firmly on the ground.

I think it's a good balanced place to be.

We have learnt over the years that nothing is ever simple with Oldham, with every positive seems to come 3 negatives, our luck has to change one day..

We are hopefully going in the right direction and there is a positivity around the place, Scholes is a great appointment imo and if numbnuts can keep his nose out of the playing side of things then we might just sneak into those play off places..

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

We have learnt over the years that nothing is ever simple with Oldham, with every positive seems to come 3 negatives, our luck has to change one day..

We are hopefully going in the right direction and there is a positivity around the place, Scholes is a great appointment imo and if numbnuts can keep his nose out of the playing side of things then we might just sneak into those play off places..

Hear Hear.

17 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

In Scholes' interview today, he said he has the last word on players coming in and going out. You would hope that applies to team selection as well.

I think the two eventually go hand-in-hand, do they not?
Maybe a statement re: team selection would have been off the agenda, given recent shenanigans. 

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think the two eventually go hand-in-hand, do they not?
Maybe a statement re: team selection would have been off the agenda, given recent shenanigans. 

If the club responded to every rumour that becomes ‘fact’ on here they would need a whole department to deal with it. 

Now it has gotten into the papers they might, but that wouldn’t be worthwhile considering more people are inclined to believe stuff they read on here and would only say the club are lying anyway.

If Craig Davies reveals all near our game(s) with Mansfield the club may decide to publish a rebuttal.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Very few of us have driven a Rego but you've nailed it with that one Lionheart. Just like the smell of clean sheets when you haven't got a colendar.

Frantically looks for upboat button as old habits die hard. 

Brisbane just doesnt understand!

I actually work with a Rennes supporter a Malmo supporter and a Werder Bremen supporter who have similar rego plates. Not OAFC mind. The rest of them like NRL and think its the only sport in the universe.  They also like 3 week old sheets.

26 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Frantically looks for upboat button as old habits die hard. 

Brisbane just doesnt understand!

I actually work with a Rennes supporter a Malmo supporter and a Werder Bremen supporter who have similar rego plates. Not OAFC mind. The rest of them like NRL and think its the only sport in the universe.  They also like 3 week old sheets.

Apologies, I thought you were talking broken biscuits about a make of car. I don't speak Australian so I missed the reg reference. I have a Latics reg **0AFC. The only trouble is the legal plates split the 0 and the A so it looks like you're an Arsenal fan. Luckily I've still got an old set spaced properly.

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Apologies, I thought you were talking broken biscuits about a make of car. I don't speak Australian so I missed the reg reference. I have a Latics reg **0AFC. The only trouble is the legal plates split the 0 and the A so it looks like you're an Arsenal fan. Luckily I've still got an old set spaced properly.

When in Rome...

Standard QLD plates are 3 numbers and 3 letters. You can customise them for $300 either separated or joined. Took me a while to figure out a combo that also gave me what I needed: zero one zero afc. 

None standard plates of between 2 and 8 characters of any denomination can cost up to 5k when creating them.

There is also a plate sale page on ppq.com.au

The top one is 150k!

The car is a Mitsubishi Triton ute.

Edited by L1onheartNew