This is how it feels.........................right now

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If I won euromillions I still wouldn't have the slightest interest in a personal number plate 

I wouldn't mind owning one but only if it had something to do with Oldham, not bothered about names or initials 

The one I had in mind incorporated my home town, year of birth and Latics rolled into one but do I want to change my car? no 😆

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If I won euromillions I still wouldn't have the slightest interest in a personal number plate 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well said sir, personal number plates are owned by people with bad memory's. 

Don’t believe a word disjointed.  He would be driving around with DOG 1N if Gary Lineker hadn’t bought it already.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, OLDHAMADE said:

Don't know about you but it's like a massive weight has been lifted with the appointment of Scholes and I personally feel a total sense of happiness and inner well-being because the club appears to finally be heading in the right direction with a well balanced side that's playing with a freedom and togetherness, which in turn will see more wins than losses and possibly a shot at getting back to where we should be.

Once again thanks to P.W for taking brilliant care of team matters and to Big AL for making the seemingly impossible happen, goes without saying I'm chuffed to bits and excited at long last 

Back on topic, I had to smile to myself today as I looked out from my seat in the moan  stand at Paul Scholes, England and Utd ledgend , who is our manager with the back ground of the Joe Royle stand.

In 20 years time will the moan stand have been replaced with the Paul Scholes stand?

7 hours ago, disjointed said:

Well said sir, personal number plates are owned by massive bellends

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

FTFY

I am 58. I have earned the right to be a massive bellend. 

I dont know what is wrong with people these days. They just want everything right now.

#soimpatient

#entitledgeneration

Edited by L1onheartNew

6 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I am 58. I have earned the right to be a massive bellend. 

I dont know what is wrong with people these days. They just want everything right now.

#soimpatient

#entitledgeneration

Well said 👍

were from the mend and make do era of only having what you could afford and we still have the ability to withstand the difficult times because we've been through them,

Living within your means, atleast we can sleep at night knowing we actually own the items we possess.

Sit back, enjoy what you have because you've earned the right, the hard way.

7 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Back on topic, I had to smile to myself today as I looked out from my seat in the moan  stand at Paul Scholes, England and Utd ledgend , who is our manager with the back ground of the Joe Royle stand.

In 20 years time will the moan stand have been replaced with the Paul Scholes stand?

Simply answer to that one is NO and on the question of topic, I was feeling extremely uplifted after two great victories and a few shandies 😉

More chance of both stands being named after Royle as I don't see his achievements with this club ever being matched again.

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

FTFY

If you have a car, you have a personal number plate. You massive bell end.

There are a whole variety of personalised number plates which people have for different reasons. To call all of them bell ends (which is what I think you were attempting to do) makes you, quite frankly, platist and an even bigger bell end.

Can the new Mumsnet poster please note that I avoided calling him a platist cunt.

46 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

If you have a car, you have a personal number plate. You massive bell end.

There are a whole variety of personalised number plates which people have for different reasons. To call all of them bell ends (which is what I think you were attempting to do) makes you, quite frankly, platist and an even bigger bell end.

Can the new Mumsnet poster please note that I avoided calling him a platist cunt.

Upvote

While mentioning number plates  mine is

OL05HAM but coming back to the thread...I'm  happy with what we are doing recently.Our midfield seem to be tackling and passing well and whilst on the front foot look good  but when we play deep then we mess up.We should be far more clinical up front and  our defence should  not switch off and allow late goals to cost points late on.

Having said that we are playing better as a whole and I'm confident  that Scholes can get the best out of our players  as well as attract new players in the future with both his contacts and his influence

At the moment, I think PS is giving all the fringe players a chance off the bench. Whether they take that opportunity to shine is down to them. I'm not expecting a world beating 10 mins but, as in Benteke's case yesterday, I would have expected a glimmer of ability or effort. I fully expect Coke to come off the bench on Tuesday.

As for yesterday, I agree with other posters who said we lost our way after Baxter and Lang went off. Maouche did an excellent job of holding onto the ball in the first half but was became less effective when he was pushed forward. In hindsight, bringing Benteke on was a mistake. Somebody else posted Stott should have come on for Dearnley allowing Nepo to move forward which I agree was a very good shout. 

Where I disagree is over Branger. I thought in the first half he linked up well with the movement of Lang, Baxter and Dearnley. He continually dealt with the problem of two defenders because of the liveliness of the other three running into space. Crewe played with a packed defence for most of the game so pumping crosses in was not going to create anything.

12 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

At the moment, I think PS is giving all the fringe players a chance off the bench. Whether they take that opportunity to shine is down to them. I'm not expecting a world beating 10 mins but, as in Benteke's case yesterday, I would have expected a glimmer of ability or effort. I fully expect Coke to come off the bench on Tuesday.

As for yesterday, I agree with other posters who said we lost our way after Baxter and Lang went off. Maouche did an excellent job of holding onto the ball in the first half but was became less effective when he was pushed forward. In hindsight, bringing Benteke on was a mistake. Somebody else posted Stott should have come on for Dearnley allowing Nepo to move forward which I agree was a very good shout. 

Where I disagree is over Branger. I thought in the first half he linked up well with the movement of Lang, Baxter and Dearnley. He continually dealt with the problem of two defenders because of the liveliness of the other three running into space. Crewe played with a packed defence for most of the game so pumping crosses in was not going to create anything.

So true. People are asking why he didn’t cross more. Simply because there was rarely anyone there free to receive. Crewe got bodies around him and also packed the box when we got wide. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So true. People are asking why he didn’t cross more. Simply because there was rarely anyone there free to receive. Crewe got bodies around him and also packed the box when we got wide. 

I’m personally asking why he can’t lay back a simple 5 yard pass to keep possession instead of trying to meg the defender time after time ? 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m personally asking why he can’t lay back a simple 5 yard pass to keep possession instead of trying to meg the defender time after time ? 

He did that plenty of times in the first half. Second half, the nearest players (and they weren't close) were Hunt and O'Grady so the simple 5 yard pass was never an option.

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

He did that plenty of times in the first half. Second half, the nearest players (and they weren't close) were Hunt and O'Grady so the simple 5 yard pass was never an option.

I must have imagined all the times Hunt was screaming for the ball 5 yards away then. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick