This is how it feels.........................right now

Not saying you are wrong but on several occasions he played and beat Crewe players along the goal line looking for someone to get into the box but people highlight the negatives.

He is a good player at this level but there are parts of his game he can improve on with the right coaching. I thought he had a good game and is fully deserving of his regular starting spot. 

Branger played OK.

But overplayed loads of times in the second half. You don't need to find a team mate at this level, just bang it in the box and see what happens. Plus the time-wasting an absolute disgrace. Really noticeable when the bloke off the bench went for the ball and pretended to drop it at his feet, just amateurish.  We're not even good at it so just get on with it and get a second goal.

Tried to hang on to a one goal lead when we could have killed the game if we'd been on the front foot. 

:lol:

Think I need to go on somekind of diversity and inclusion course to sort out my platist attitudes.

Apologies Lionheart I was slightly pissed last night I didnt mean that in the most literal terms. Although Im not sure how it makes me entitled.

Edited by GlossopLatic

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Branger played OK.

But overplayed loads of times in the second half. You don't need to find a team mate at this level, just bang it in the box and see what happens. Plus the time-wasting an absolute disgrace. Really noticeable when the bloke off the bench went for the ball and pretended to drop it at his feet, just amateurish.  We're not even good at it so just get on with it and get a second goal.

Tried to hang on to a one goal lead when we could have killed the game if we'd been on the front foot. 

Can’t help thinking that if we hadn’t wasted so much time there might have only been a couple of minutes of additional time...remind me again when Crewe got the equaliser? 🤔

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Can’t help thinking that if we hadn’t wasted so much time there might have only been a couple of minutes of additional time...remind me again when Crewe got the equaliser? 🤔

Playing time would be the same at worst, less if the time wasting worked.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Branger played OK.

"You don't need to find a team mate at this level, just bang it in the box and see what happens"

I pay my money to see teams play football and finding a team mate is essential when playing football. While I agree to some extent that on occasions, firing a ball into the box can pay dividends, I would rather see a more measured approach. Needless time wasting is abominable and nine times out of ten, bites teams on the bum, especially Latics. :D 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

"You don't need to find a team mate at this level, just bang it in the box and see what happens"

I pay my money to see teams play football and finding a team mate is essential when playing football. While I agree to some extent that on occasions, firing a ball into the box can pay dividends, I would rather see a more measured approach. Needless time wasting is abominable and nine times out of ten, bites teams on the bum, especially Latics. :D 

Just watch the goals at our level on Quest. The majority come from deflections/defensive mistakes and fannying over the ball on the bye-line, whether you've men free in the box or not, will result in little.

Branger has improved a lot over the last 4/5 games but needs to release the ball a lot earlier to make it count.  

Branger's fannying, double step-overs etc by the dead ball line did win a few corners yesterday. 

Prior to when Chris O'Grady came on this would have given our 2 best attacking headers of the ball a lot more opportunity to get their head on the cross. 

Having said that Branger won most of those corners when COG was on the pitch. 

Edited by rudemedic

22 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Our problem is going to be the state of the pitch, it was dreadful yesterday and will only get worse over the next 4 or 5 weeks . The pitch should have been relaid in the summer, but Lemsagam chose the cheaper option of just reseeding.

You got a spare half a million?

22 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Our problem is going to be the state of the pitch, it was dreadful yesterday and will only get worse over the next 4 or 5 weeks . The pitch should have been relaid in the summer, but Lemsagam chose the cheaper option of just reseeding.

The pitch should of been upgraded a few years ago, but Corney chose the cheaper option of doing fuck all. 

39 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The pitch should of been upgraded a few years ago, but Corney chose the cheaper option of doing fuck all. 

And so did Lemsagam ,I go to the gym in the north stand, and work on the pitch didn’t start until at least 3 weeks after the season ended. Wellens (before he was sacked) said the pitch had cost us games and hoped we’d get s new one ... bit all Lemsagam did was to provide free food for the pigeons by reseeding .

7 hours ago, mad4it said:

And so did Lemsagam ,I go to the gym in the north stand, and work on the pitch didn’t start until at least 3 weeks after the season ended. Wellens (before he was sacked) said the pitch had cost us games and hoped we’d get s new one ... bit all Lemsagam did was to provide free food for the pigeons by reseeding .

You pay for it then you clown

9 hours ago, mad4it said:

The pitch should  have been relaid in the summer, but Lemsagam chose the cheaper option of just reseeding.

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The pitch should of been upgraded a few years ago, but Corney chose the cheaper option of doing fuck all. 

So given that the downboat is no more... time for the grammar police 👮‍♂️ to jump in here...

You’re very welcome 😉

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So given that the downboat is no more... time for the grammar police 👮‍♂️ to jump in here...

You’re very welcome 😉

Big Dog, be very careful about throwing grammar stones about from your glass house. Of instead of have isn't a grammar mistake. If the grammar police turn up they'll just laugh at you. You could try the word choice squad.

15 hours ago, Wardie said:

Whilst l agree with the sentiment, your final sentence is quite clearly bollocks.