This is how it feels.........................right now

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Pitch is shite in fairness. But AL probably had more urgent things to use the 500k for. 

Where do you get  your £500k from ? I’m sure Tottenham did pay anything like that when they paid for Rochdale’s new pitch .

Edited by mad4it

8 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Where do you get  your £500k from ? I’m sure Tottenham did pay anything like that when they paid for Rochdale’s new pitch .

Instead of googling ‘quotes to look clever’ or just blind posting, try googling sumat like ‘spurs pay for rochdale pitch.’

Willprobably bring up several stories saying rochdale paid £500K for a new pitch.

10 minutes ago, mad4it said:

What did they pay then? Sorry what did the FA pay then?

Another point worth noting is they had new turf for a quick fix and not extensive work which we really need.

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Waits while Mad4it looks for a quote from Back to the Future to try and justify his nonsense.

Do need to look for a quote , but any fool could see how badly the pitch deteriorated during the last 3rd of last season and dispite a decent summer and a relatively mild winter, the pitch is as bad if not worse than last year. 

You however, seem to think the state of the playing surface is not important.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Instead of googling ‘quotes to look clever’ or just blind posting, try googling sumat like ‘spurs pay for rochdale pitch.’

Willprobably bring up several stories saying rochdale paid £500K for a new pitch.

Instead of using the word probably, try giving me the link ?

49 minutes ago, mad4it said:

It was quoted at the time. Either way, 300k-500k AL had other things he needed to spend the money on. 

Its been like this for years and needed a new pitch when Corney was in charge ? How is this AL,s fault. He’s had one summer 

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

Do need to look for a quote , but any fool could see how badly the pitch deteriorated during the last 3rd of last season and dispite a decent summer and a relatively mild winter, the pitch is as bad if not worse than last year. 

You however, seem to think the state of the playing surface is not important.

While I agree that the pitch is in need of renewal, it's also worth remembering that both teams have to deal with it during a match. Maybe the squad should train on it and get used to bypassing the midfield and clogging the ball into the box, now and again. It's not what we, as fans, want to see, though, is it? So yes, the playing surface is quite important although I don't see that getting fixed any time soon.

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

While I agree that the pitch is in need of renewal, it's also worth remembering that both teams have to deal with it during a match. Maybe the squad should train on it and get used to bypassing the midfield and clogging the ball into the box, now and again. It's not what we, as fans, want to see, though, is it? So yes, the playing surface is quite important although I don't see that getting fixed any time soon.

Our goal on Saturday was helped by the heavy pitch. The Crewe keeper anticipated that the Iversen punt would bounce through to him and he was left in no man’s land when it sat up nicely for our boy Callum to pop it over the keeper’s head and into the net 😀

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Pitch isn’t great, it’s been worse in previous years to be fair,  but it ain’t getting sorted out until closed season at earliest so not much point in banging on about it really. 

Agree, it deteriorated rapidly after the snow.

Here it was in December

This was March 2 years ago.

Last Year IIRC

Dtq-LQfWoAo6ccQ.jpg

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Really odd as we didn't have a game on it from 12 Jan and it has been one of the driest winters for years. When we played the other night against Yeovil it cut up badly as though it had been over watered.

It's the covers that ruin the pitch which must be left on all the time when it's frosty overnight. If they were taken off during the day I guess it may be a bit better, but it would be quite a bit of work for the grounds staff. It was worse last year because it was colder and he covers were on more.

It's not just the main pitch, the training pitches need replacing as well. 

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It's the covers that ruin the pitch which must be left on all the time when it's frosty overnight. If they were taken off during the day I guess it may be a bit better, but it would be quite a bit of work for the grounds staff. It was worse last year because it was colder and he covers were on more.

Al_Bro, Didn't know that  the pitch cane under the Sporting Director remit  - get back to finding some good players for us.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

It barely got above freezing when the covers were on prior to the original Morecambe game. 

Someone, I think Chadderton weather, posted on twitter late last week that the air temperature was 7°C warmer than the ground temperature. 

That seems like a lot. 

The efforts to get the original Morecambe game on probably didn't help either. 

Hopefully we don't have another cold March this year. As last year the pitch began to show signs of improvement late in the season. 

Premier League and Championship clubs use monster heat lamps to ensure grass continues to germinate and grow during winter.  Unfortunately, they are the luxury of the richer clubs.  Hopefully, the milder weather forecast over the  next few weeks will stimulate some early growth and improve the surface.  The three games at home in the last week will not have helped.  However, whatever the state of the surface, it's a level playing field for both teams on the day..... so to speak.  You would hope the home team would adapt easier but the pitch cannot be used for the goal we conceded Saturday which was due to playing deeper and deeper and finally conceding from a high ball into the box.

1 hour ago, Whitts said:

Premier League and Championship clubs use monster heat lamps to ensure grass continues to germinate and grow during winter.  Unfortunately, they are the luxury of the richer clubs.  Hopefully, the milder weather forecast over the  next few weeks will stimulate some early growth and improve the surface.  The three games at home in the last week will not have helped.  However, whatever the state of the surface, it's a level playing field for both teams on the day..... so to speak.  You would hope the home team would adapt easier but the pitch cannot be used for the goal we conceded Saturday which was due to playing deeper and deeper and finally conceding from a high ball into the box.

Think if we could afford some of those big bastard light things it will help massively.

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

We used to have some but they got repossessed a couple of years ago. 

Thanks Simon.

Just did a google search They are about £50k a rig or something like that plus I would imagine quite a hike in your leccy bill so alot a cheaper than queensy menig and probably alot more productive.