Oldham Badge - Season 2019/20

Which badge?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which badge would you prefer on shirt, kit etc?!

I need a rain jacket and fancied an Oldham branded one.  However I’d love our badge to revert back to the 1990s diamond version rather than the current badge.

Would be keen to know your opinion but also - for The Trust - can we persuade AL to switch back for next season?

11 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Who isn't from the past? If you know someone from the future get some lottery numbers from them.

In reply to that, most of us live in the past because they were better times than all this mamby pamby bollox of today, no community, no respect and folk trying to out do one another for envy, without the actual money to do it with.

Yes the 1970s were tough but I'd go back to those times in a heartbeat and that includes the once very proud town of Oldham and it's football club 

Edited by OLDHAMADE
Missing word lol

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

In reply to that, most of us live in the past because they were better times than all this mamby pamby bollox of today, no community, no respect and folk trying to out do one another for envy, without the actual money to do it with.

Yes the 1970s were tough but I'd go back to those times in a heartbeat and that includes the once very proud town of Oldham and it's football club 

I don't remember anyone at Latics in the early nineties wanting to go back to the seventies. Let's keep going and bring back rickets (or Ricketts).

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I don't remember anyone at Latics in the early nineties wanting to go back to the seventies. Let's keep going and bring back rickets (or Ricketts).

Boo Hoo.........................Let's go back to playing outside, climbing trees and doing all the things that made you far healthier than this Fat society of moaners 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:49 AM, OLDHAMADE said:

If I remember correctly Alan Hardy designed the current badge when someone decided a rebrand was needed. It wasn't.

A survey out the other day, revealed that Oldham is the 9th. worst place in the country to live. Could be worse Rochdale was the 3rd. worst. Peterborough being the worst.

10 hours ago, al_bro said:

If I remember correctly Alan Hardy designed the current badge when someone decided a rebrand was needed. It wasn't.

A survey out the other day, revealed that Oldham is the 9th. worst place in the country to live. Could be worse Rochdale was the 3rd. worst. Peterborough being the worst.

Eden Creative designed the current badge I thought. I actually quite like it but I’m not as stuck in the past as others on here. I’m also not that bothered about a badge though. 

The debate on football badges is simple: traditional versus modern.

Traditional = Bury, Crawley, Man Utd

Modern = Oldham, Cheltenham, Juventus, Forest

Swindon are a classic example of reverting from modern back to traditional.

I like the current Latics one but it could be better.

Edited by TheBigDog

21 hours ago, al_bro said:

It might be now but it wasn't back then but I guess you could say the same of alot of places, surprised Peterborough hold that record.

Aren't they supposed to be Posh? 🤴

On 2/24/2019 at 9:40 AM, Magic Mikey said:

Coincidentally, a paediatric consultant at the Evelina children’s hospital, London, says he is seeing a growing evidence of conditions not only exacerbated by poverty, but caused by it. “I’m seeing kids with rickets on a fairly regular basis in my clinic,” he says. “That is related to nutrition at the very least. We are seeing more advanced cases. It should be a Victorian illness. It shouldn’t be around to this degree any more.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/23/poorer-children-disproportionately-need-hospital-treatment

5 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Coincidentally, a paediatric consultant at the Evelina children’s hospital, London, says he is seeing a growing evidence of conditions not only exacerbated by poverty, but caused by it. “I’m seeing kids with rickets on a fairly regular basis in my clinic,” he says. “That is related to nutrition at the very least. We are seeing more advanced cases. It should be a Victorian illness. It shouldn’t be around to this degree any more.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/23/poorer-children-disproportionately-need-hospital-treatment

Oldhamade will be pleased with that.