Diego Cervero = God!

The best clip by far doing the rounds in the summer, and for those Latics who've only just got computers and missed the whole episode, which caused more pandemonium and Hysteria than if Michelle Marsh had stripped naked at half time.

Prepare to see what the masses wanted coming to BP in the summer.

The most loved player to never kick a 1st team ball for us.

:lol::lol: MENTAL

Edit - Just come across some new Diego footage from the past couple of weeks.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Rocky_Latic' said:

"The most loved player to never kick a 1st team ball for us."

Never have truer words been spoken!

All those in agreement can celebrate their hero on 'Diego Day' at Brighton in April.

:elvis: :drummer: :sombrero: :thumb08: :imnotworthy:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Forgive my ignorance, but is he coming over or something?

If the Reserves win their League, thanks to his goal at Blackpool, he's prepared to come over, subject to not clashing with his expected commitments to Lealtad in the play-offs.

Apart from that, keep watching as there will be an announcement soon of interest to Diego's many fans.

:elvis: :drummer: :sombrero:

Just when there is a bit of a lull, following the postponement of Latics' match and the non-performance by England tonight, it's time to re-energise your excitement about footy. Who better to do that than our hero Diego Cervero.

Here's a video celebrating the culmination of the season when he fulfilled his promise to get Real Oviedo promoted. :elvis: :drummer: :sombrero: :applause1: :speakenglish: Boy does he know how to celebrate?

• 2 months later...
Forgive my ignorance, but who is this guy?!

At last I've found the only Latics' fan who's never heard of the great Diego Cervero. :imnotworthy: You are forgiven, my son. :cardinal: I was running out of excuses to write about him - a PM is on its way! If only you'd known sooner - you could have bid for one of his shirts! :cry:

Is anyone treating Brighton as 'Diego Day'? :Spain:

Guest sheridans_world
At last I've found the only Latics' fan who's never heard of the great Diego Cervero. :imnotworthy: You are forgiven, my son. :cardinal: I was running out of excuses to write about him - a PM is on its way! If only you'd known sooner - you could have bid for one of his shirts! :cry:

Is anyone treating Brighton as 'Diego Day'? :Spain:

So he is the next to appear in Latics LOTW then?

Guest oa_exile
(oa_exile @ Apr 16 2007, 15:46 PM)

lol :grin: more of a "Leg end" than a "Legend" , the Legend that never was

He's already respected more on here and JKL than some of our players. :wink:

Indeed your right Diego , i was just pulling your "Leg" :grin:

How can you not know who Diego is?

He's bigger than the pope

True indeed, the pope's only 5"9, Diego is 8"6 and growing!!

How did his side do in the end? Can't be long left in their season now can there? Any chance he'll be over as the Ressies push on to the title?!?

Fair point, well made... in that case, will he be tied up in the strange playoff thing they do or will he be available to come over if the Reserves win their league?

Current leaders Lealtad will have to go into the play-offs to decide which team gets promoted.

The situation with our Reserves is that, even if they beat Chester in their last match, they'll have to wait until Tranmore and PNE play their three games in hand, before we know if they're champions. If they are champions and if there is a trophy presentation, say at the Chesterfield match, or at the home leg of the play-offs (cough), perhaps Diego will come over. He has said previously that he would be prepared to do so. Until a date is known it's difficult to see how he's fixed with his team's matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Azulmarino has been in contact with Diego, who has sent his apologies for the Chesterfield match. It was hoped he might be able to bask in the glory of the Reserves parading their league trophy, thanks to his goal against the Lashers. Anyway he has a game for Lealtad on Sunday, so he can't make it. He finishes his emails with "Come on Oldham."

He is following Latics' progress very closely and he wants to know the Play-off dates. He's interested in who's been scoring the goals and he also asks about Moussa Dabo - anyone know what's happened to him (apart from being at his brother's hospital bedside), so that I can let Diego know?

Diego has also seen a picture of my tribute teeshirt, which he is chuffed about.

• 4 months later...

Just to keep Diego's other fans up to date with his playing career. He's now back at his spiritual home of Real Oviedo, who are languishig in the thid Division.

Azulmarino had an email from him before the season started - Diego is proud of his core support in England.

He has started off the season well, he scored in the first game when Oviedo won 2-0 away at Colloto, and he scored the winner today 1-0 away at Ribadesella. So Real Oviedo have 6 points from 2 games, their home game last week having been cancelled to save the pitch as the Spanish national team had to play on it.