Season Ticket prices frozen

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not had a season ticket for years. I no longer work weekends often. So will consider one plus free under 12. Is it possible to do this on a monthly does anyone know ? And how much per month ? Cheers. 

Apply for a 0% credit card and stick it on that. Bettter than the APR on the lending scheme the club use if my memory serves me right (it was a while ago when I looked into it). Then set your payments that you can afford within the time scale before your 0% offer runs. 

12 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Cue people kicking off they can't afford to pay before 27th March because they weren't expecting season ticket time

In fairness March does seem early?

270 isn't to bad the incentives don't really offer anything to me but i'm possibly a minority 

It suggests to me that Scholes has revealed his budget requirements and transfer targets for next season.

AL is probably testing the water too see what sort of reaction the Scholes appointment has made to ST sales. 

Instead of the usual last minute panic, If we have players in mind and are planning to get our business done early then AL will probably need to know the shortfall gap he’ll need to plug!

Whatever the reasons, I think March is far too early, especially for ST renewals.

Wasn’t it the middle of May last year?

(Just checked, it was the end of April for renewals.)

Edited by oafc1955

23 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It suggests to me that Scholes has revealed his budget requirements and transfer targets for next season.

AL is probably testing the water too see what sort of reaction the Scholes appointment has made to ST sales. 

Instead of the usual last minute panic, If we have players in mind and are planning to get our business done early then AL will probably need to know the shortfall gap he’ll need to plug!

Whatever the reasons, I think March is far too early, especially for ST renewals.

It still is the end of April, if someone wants my seat before me they can have it, I would think I haven't sat in the fucker all season. 

12 hours ago, super_blue said:

Apply for a 0% credit card and stick it on that. Bettter than the APR on the lending scheme the club use if my memory serves me right (it was a while ago when I looked into it). Then set your payments that you can afford within the time scale before your 0% offer runs. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll bear it in mind. However with my credit score I’d be lucky if they gave me a birthday card let alone a credit card 😩

1 hour ago, bluehobbit said:

In fairness March does seem early?

270 isn't to bad the incentives don't really offer anything to me but i'm possibly a minority 

Could I ask what kind of incentives would be of interest to you? Just for the possibility of implementing in the future

54 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Most clubs are offering for renewals now tbf, not just us

1 hour ago, Witty said:

"Seats from the previous season will only be held until Wednesday 27 March"

It's not a problem for me but isn't 27 March quite a bit earlier...although the early bird goes on to Friday 26th April? 

We felt a month was long enough, and fair also as then it gives everyone, including current season ticket holders, the chance to change their seats/get better seats instead of just being restricted to the seats they got this year

We'll possibly review extending the date for renewal's if enough people agree with you but for now the reaction has been mostly positive :)

1 hour ago, OAFCBilly said:

We felt a month was long enough, and fair also as then it gives everyone, including current season ticket holders, the chance to change their seats/get better seats instead of just being restricted to the seats they got this year

We'll possibly review extending the date for renewal's if enough people agree with you but for now the reaction has been mostly positive :)

Ye I can see the logic in that. 

Just means I have to commit a month earlier if I want the same seat, which is fine for me but I'm just one out of thousands....and thousands 🙂

1 hour ago, OAFCBilly said:

Could I ask what kind of incentives would be of interest to you? Just for the possibility of implementing in the future

To be honest Billy the incentives there are decent. Other than a reduction in ticket price I don't think there is much I would be interested in. The only incentive i use is priority for tickets to away games. 

My friends are latics fans in the main with free tickets, I don't use the club coach and rarely use the club shop now i'm a bit too old for a replica shirt.

Only annoyance for me is the summer holiday is due to be paid in March as well. (i expect that might apply to others as well) and i was expecting/hoping season ticket renewals would be done a bit closer to the end of the season. Not the end of the world - it just seems early. 

cheers

Edited by bluehobbit
content

6 minutes ago, Witty said:

Ye I can see the logic in that. 

Just means I have to commit a month earlier if I want the same seat, which is fine for me but I'm just one out of thousands....and thousands 🙂

Some people may prefer to pay early and get it sorted, just how it work's unfortunately. Never gonna please everyone!

5 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

To be honest Billy the incentives there are decent. Other than a reduction in ticket price I don't think there is much I would be interested in. The only incentive i use is priority for tickets to away games. 

My friends are latics fans in the main with free tickets, I don't use the club coach and rarely use the club shop now i'm a bit too old for a replica shirt.

Only annoyance for me is the summer holiday is due to be paid in March as well and i was expecting/hoping season ticket renewals would be done a bit closer to the end of the season. Not the end of the world it just seems early. 

cheers

Obviously reduction in prices comes with how the club are doing financially, commercially, and in the league etc. £11 per home game for an adult is fairly decent for almost 2 hours of live entertainment, if you ask me. Obviously some higher tier clubs offer cheaper prices but they can afford to with the crowds they get, TV money, more commercial revenue, etc.