Season Ticket prices frozen

7 hours ago, Latics and England said:

As someone who doesn't like to sit in the same seat every week, is the suggestion here that I shouldn't get a season ticket?

It never crossed my mind that by having a seat I never sit in amongst the thousands of other empty seats was somehow depriving someone else.

Randomly I did consider sitting in it the other week. When I got there someone was sat in it. I guess I should have kicked them out of it but as they seemed happy enough to be there I just sat somewhere else.

It’s down to what seat you have on your season card really, we do get a lot of people requesting seats in the north stand that are “under cover, on the half way line, far back” but we can’t sell them via our system because they’re occupied by season ticket holders

we usually explain to them that some season ticket holders don’t actually sit in their seats so there might be some availability on the day in the area they specified

if those season ticket holders don’t actually sit there then yes someone else is being deprived, especially elderly fans that come to the Ticket office during the week to ask. But then the argument is, is that the season ticket holder has spent a substantial amount of money etc so it shouldn’t matter if they don’t actually sit in their assigned seat or not 

What's the maxi

1 hour ago, OAFCBilly said:

It’s down to what seat you have on your season card really, we do get a lot of people requesting seats in the north stand that are “under cover, on the half way line, far back” but we can’t sell them via our system because they’re occupied by season ticket holders

we usually explain to them that some season ticket holders don’t actually sit in their seats so there might be some availability on the day in the area they specified

if those season ticket holders don’t actually sit there then yes someone else is being deprived, especially elderly fans that come to the Ticket office during the week to ask. But then the argument is, is that the season ticket holder has spent a substantial amount of money etc so it shouldn’t matter if they don’t actually sit in their assigned seat or not 

What's the maximum number of season tickets we are allowed to sell Billy?

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

What's the maxi

What's the maximum number of season tickets we are allowed to sell Billy?

Not sure on the actual number, I would have to check as it’s a league ruling I think, but it’s a lot more than the amount of season ticket holders we currently have 

Edited by OAFCBilly

4 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

if those season ticket holders don’t actually sit there then yes someone else is being deprived,

They'd only be being "deprived" if there were no other seats left wouldn't they?

If someone wanted my seat near the back and the stand was going to sell out I'd sit in my seat near the back and they'd get whichever other one I would have sat in. 

Have you considered that someone who always pays on the day might be aware that "my" seat is always empty and, therefore, always sits there and that to sell a ticket for that seat would then, to use your word, "deprive" that person of my seat? 

Who decides who should or shouldn't be "deprived"? 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

They'd only be being "deprived" if there were no other seats left wouldn't they?

If someone wanted my seat near the back and the stand was going to sell out I'd sit in my seat near the back and they'd get whichever other one I would have sat in. 

Have you considered that someone who always pays on the day might be aware that "my" seat is always empty and, therefore, always sits there and that to sell a ticket for that seat would then, to use your word, "deprive" that person of my seat? 

Who decides who should or shouldn't be "deprived"? 

No, because they might request a seat in the middle, far back, under cover. But then we can't sell them that seat because they are all occupied by Season Ticket holders on our system.

If then those season ticket holders don't actually sit in those seats, then the person who wanted that seat, misses out.

"that to sell a ticket for that seat would then, to use your word, "deprive" that person of my seat?"

We can't sell tickets for seats that are occupied by season ticket holders on our system, so we can't "deprive" you of your seat. If someone ends up sitting there on match day because you're not sat there and you're sat elsewhere, that's on you, not us. 

11 hours ago, Latics and England said:

As someone who doesn't like to sit in the same seat every week, is the suggestion here that I shouldn't get a season ticket?

It never crossed my mind that by having a seat I never sit in amongst the thousands of other empty seats was somehow depriving someone else.

Randomly I did consider sitting in it the other week. When I got there someone was sat in it. I guess I should have kicked them out of it but as they seemed happy enough to be there I just sat somewhere else.

I dont think its going to be a problem aslong as we are under capacity If the floating season ticket holders choose to sit in seat that are not reserved along with the pay on the dayers it shouldn't be a problem.

Some of us, in fact most of us want to sit in the seat we bought I don't see why others can't respect that although Im not envisiging a problem here fir sometime to come.

12 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

If then those season ticket holders don't actually sit in those seats, then the person who wanted that seat, misses out.

Using your logic if I'd like to have sex with a Hollywood actress who is married but her husband never has sex with her (or always has sex with someone else instead) am I then missing out and being "deprived"? 

She's not my wife, she's his. 

It's not their seat, it's mine. Whether I sit in it, have sex with it or otherwise. 

Edited by HarryBosch

You buy a season ticket, you are assigned a seat.  Sit in that seat and there are - literally - no issues.

Choose to sit elsewhere and the risk of issues increases.

It really is quite simple, and as is par for the course on OWTB, people seem to be putting arguments forward for the sake of it.

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Using your logic if I'd like to have sex with a Hollywood actress who is married but her husband never has sex with her (or always has sex with someone else instead) am I then missing out and being "deprived"? 

She's not my wife, she's his. 

It's not their seat, it's mine. Whether I sit in it, have sex with it or otherwise. 

Jesus.

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

You buy a season ticket, you are assigned a seat.  Sit in that seat and there are - literally - no issues.

It really is quite simple, and as is par for the course on OWTB, people seem to be putting arguments forward for the sake of it.

Can't stress this enough

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

To be fair to Billy he wasn't around during the #Seatnumber Affair was he and, therefore, doesn't appreciate the need to never sit in the same seat twice....

#anywherein10minutes

Could you elaborate?

What do you mean by "#anywherein10minutes"

The best 'fun' we had regarding season ticket holders and seating arrangements was the "celebration" game when the 3 amigos took over. Against Grimsby I think, £5 in I think. The club said it was sit anywhere you like for all. A few cross season tick holders that day. 

Just now, Witty said:

The best 'fun' we had regarding season ticket holders and seating arrangements was the "celebration" game when the 3 amigos took over. Against Grimsby I think, £5 in I think. The club said it was sit anywhere you like for all. A few cross season tick holders that day. 

If I recall a few season ticket holders didn't even get in

50 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I along with many others havent got the desire to sit in the same seat every home game, my season ticket is bought for the sole purpose of having first dibs on cup tickets and away game tickets.