Stevenage (H) - Match Thread

Be interesting if Scholes blames the pitch again... 

Officials are:

Referee: CHRISTOPHER SARGINSON

Assistants: Helenn Byrne and Nik Barnard 

Fourth Official : Paul Hodskinson

If that referee rings a bell he's the one who couldn't find the right player to book at Bradford last season. 

Likes a card too... 

I'd like to see:

Iversen

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Iacovitti

Maouche

Missilou

Dearnley

Baxter

Nepomuceno

Lang

But realistically we'll see Branger on the left wing and Nepo at left back.  I don't think Branger is the devil incarnate, just that Nepo would be the more effective left winger and we have a natural left back to play there in Iacovitti.

Another thing I'd like to see before the end of the season is for Stott to get a run in the side at centre back.  The problem is that I'm not sure who's place he would take.  He'd probably develop better alongside Clarke in the short term, but next season him and Edmundson could be a good pairing.

6 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd like to see:

Iversen

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Iacovitti

Maouche

Missilou

Dearnley

Baxter

Nepomuceno

Lang

But realistically we'll see Branger on the left wing and Nepo at left back.  I don't think Branger is the devil incarnate, just that Nepo would be the more effective left winger and we have a natural left back to play there in Iacovitti.

Another thing I'd like to see before the end of the season is for Stott to get a run in the side at centre back.  The problem is that I'm not sure who's place he would take.  He'd probably develop better alongside Clarke in the short term, but next season him and Edmundson could be a good pairing.

Agree re Stott, and Edmundson, with Clarke coaching them. A nice but if succession planning. 

Not a bad idea with Stott. I would be tempted to leave it a little while longer though. Scholes hasn't had a great start and we could do with a win just to feel like we are competing another defeat while it doesn't mean a huge deal would errode confidence. Time isnt given to managers these days and i hate for us to into nexr season on tye back of a loosing streak under scholes In hoping a few days break from bury gives the players a bit more energy and we can get on the front foot early and take 3 points 

4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

At least he's getting regular football.  Thought he looked good enough at centre back against MK.

But he was awful at left back against Morecambe. 

As it's Stockport I think we can recall him when we want. 

Edited by rudemedic

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

But he was awful at left back against Morecambe. 

As it's Stockport I think we can recall him when we want. 

I agree he hasn't looked comfortable at left back, but it would be fair to say it looks like he has a future at CB. Square pegs and round holes and all that. 

41 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Need 9 wins from 12. Win this and all of a sudden it becomes 8 in 11.

Get it down to 4 from 5 and we have a chance.

Should win this. 2-0. 

Shuck, we both know there is only one man who can get those kind of points on this pitch at the end of the season and sadly he’s in chesterfield 😔