Would we be better off had we stuck with Bunn?

Would we be better off had we kept Bunn?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would we be better off had we kept Bunn?

I honestly think we'd be in or around the playoff places had AL stuck with Bunn.

Don't get me wrong - we'd still probably be bored shitless and moaning about it but I'm convinced he'd have had us in with a shout of going up from this god awful League. 

What a massive bollock Abdallah has dropped. 

• Like 1

We would be better off only had we made the right signings in January.

Getting rid of Surridge and Lydon for 3 players none of whom were in the starting line-up yesterday has cost us.

The change of management alone makes little difference.

Edited by GlossopLatic

In the short-term yes, 100%.

Frankie was doing slightly better than I expected - we were 5th at one stage during the Exeter game and then he got sacked a few days later, barmy.

Still hopeful that Scholes can utilise his contacts in the summer, though. 

43 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I would like to see some clarification on what 'doing better' means before I participate in this poll.

More goals

scored, fewer conceded, more points gained, higher position in the table - use any or all of those as you see fit Richard. Probably all would be best 

41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Getting rid of Surridge and Lydon for 3 players none of whom were in the starting line-up yesterday has cost us.

What’s prompted so much talk of Lyden all of a sudden? 

(The type of talk where he gets better and better with each mention) 

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

More goals

scored, fewer conceded, more points gained, higher position in the table - use any or all of those as you see fit Richard. Probably all would be best 

Do you have a number on how many more points Bunn would have garnered under identical circumstances?

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If I recall correctly Lyden is out for a long period, if we had kept him he wouldn't have played anyway. He certainly is starting to aquire a magical status though. 

As for the poll I don't think it really matters who manages us whilst we are stuck with some of the shite in our squad. 

18 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He wasn't amazing but he would go straight into this team right now and probably make us stronger.

Surridge certainly would.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We didn't "ger rid" of Surridge, he was recalled. Had he been available to Scholes I'm sure we would be in a better position today. As it stands Scholes hasn't had chance to play to his potential strengths yet. 

25 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

We didn't "ger rid" of Surridge, he was recalled. Had he been available to Scholes I'm sure we would be in a better position today. As it stands Scholes hasn't had chance to play to his potential strengths yet. 

Maybe so but hes gone and has not been adequately replaced.

I thought Bunn was doing a decent enough job under very difficult circumstances and I didn't like the way he was simply cast aside as if he mean't nothing to the club but that's loyalty for you,

Scholes, has a very tough job infront of him and I hope that my first thought isn't coming true, where he, like Lampard and Gerrard being managers, other teams will up their usual game in order to get one over on Scholes at our expense.

He can only be judged after he's had a good clearout and a pre-season/season with his own signings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

In the short-term yes, 100%.

Frankie was doing slightly better than I expected - we were 5th at one stage during the Exeter game and then he got sacked a few days later, barmy.

Still hopeful that Scholes can utilise his contacts in the summer, though. 

We were 11th after the Exeter game though, so not that barmy. 

Our record was W8 D8 L8 when Bunn got the boot. Now we’re W12 D12 L12. Not sure there’s much evidence for us being better off if we’d kept him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We were 11th after the Exeter game though, so not that barmy. 

Our record was W8 D8 L8 when Bunn got the boot. Now we’re W12 D12 L12. Not sure there’s much evidence for us being better off if we’d kept him. 

This is it for me, the way some are going on you'd think we'd thrown away a great position.

• Like 2

The way I see it we've spent another season with another load of crock of shite forwards who we've wasted an absolute fortune on when we should of brought in one decent one and backed him up with a couple of Prem/Championship loanees, every team at the right end of this division has one quality goalscorer, our season ended when Surridge went back and he wasn't replaced, it really is weird given we were still right in the mix till January in both the League and FA Cup and in my opinion Abdallah has gotten of very lightly for the shit show of a season which in my opinion he has fucked up for the second season running.  

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's the same Lyden who is injured for the rest of the season and the Surridge who has played PL football?  Worth checking.  And from where I was sitting yesterday Dearnley and Afolyan were both in the starting line up