Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vital Lincoln City

"Hopefully, a good summer and decent recruitment will help us push for promotion next season." (2 Q&As)

Recommended Posts

We say this every season.

We need to get some wins on the board first.  Get some momentum behind us and get the fans behind scholes. At the minute we are short on quality and from

 

Finishing 13th or lower  is a poor season. 

 

If we go into next season in poor form i could see us not improving and the pressure building on scholes and the chairman pulling the trigger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

We say this every season.

We need to get some wins on the board first.  Get some momentum behind us and get the fans behind scholes. At the minute we are short on quality and from

 

Finishing 13th or lower  is a poor season. 

 

If we go into next season in poor form i could see us not improving and the pressure building on scholes and the chairman pulling the trigger 

We also say every summer, get the right player in etc. It’s the best thing about football, the preseason optimism and blind faith we will better next year. Unfortunately, it’s always ground hog day! What’s  the definition of madness? Repeating the same mistake over and over and not learning from them 😔🔫. But what the hell, next season, next season .....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, latics22 said:

We also say every summer, get the right player in etc. It’s the best thing about football, the preseason optimism and blind faith we will better next year. Unfortunately, it’s always ground hog day! What’s  the definition of madness? Repeating the same mistake over and over and not learning from them 😔🔫. But what the hell, next season, next season .....

True.

With less money to spend each time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, singe said:

True.

With less money to spend each time. 

It has to happen one day though? doesnt

it? Please tell me it has to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We also say every summer, get the right player in etc. It’s the best thing about football, the preseason optimism and blind faith we will better next year. Unfortunately, it’s always ground hog day! What’s  the definition of madness? Repeating the same mistake over and over and not learning from them 😔🔫. But what the hell, next season, next season .....

 

True but usually we are a division higher up trying to compete against bigger clubs with a bottom 6 budget in this league we have a budget that is probably about in the middle this season atleast plus their are 4 promotion places rather than 3.

 

In short and without wanting to state the bleeding obvious being competitive next season in league 2 should be a much easier target than it was between 2010-18 in league 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We also say every summer, get the right player in etc. It’s the best thing about football, the preseason optimism and blind faith we will better next year. Unfortunately, it’s always ground hog day! What’s  the definition of madness? Repeating the same mistake over and over and not learning from them 😔🔫. But what the hell, next season, next season .....

 

‘Hope springs eternal in the human breast’ Alexander Pope 1734.

 

‘twas ever thus 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

‘Hope springs eternal in the human breast’ Alexander Pope 1734.

 

‘twas ever thus 🙂

 

A right tit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

True but usually we are a division higher up trying to compete against bigger clubs with a bottom 6 budget in this league we have a budget that is probably about in the middle this season atleast plus their are 4 promotion places rather than 3.

 

In short and without wanting to state the bleeding obvious being competitive next season in league 2 should be a much easier target than it was between 2010-18 in league 1.

Obviously agree wed'd be against much bigger teams, but even in L2 we are by no means a big player.

THis shows last year. Our budget was around £4m in L1, so less in L2 due to lower share of EFL money.

You'd thinkw e'd be around the Crewe CArlise level, but it could be blackpool level. Doable, but requires a decent manager and a decent squad. We don't know if we have either yet.

Clearly a benefit we are not competing with the likes or Portsmouth, but you'd think we could with Luton but they are a bit ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, singe said:

Obviously agree wed'd be against much bigger teams, but even in L2 we are by no means a big player.

THis shows last year. Our budget was around £4m in L1, so less in L2 due to lower share of EFL money.

You'd thinkw e'd be around the Crewe CArlise level, but it could be blackpool level. Doable, but requires a decent manager and a decent squad. We don't know if we have either yet.

Clearly a benefit we are not competing with the likes or Portsmouth, but you'd think we could with Luton but they are a bit ahead.

 

Even so with a fairly mid table budget at this level its not an inconceivable jump to get into the top 7 with a solid recruitment strategy and a well drilled team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Even so with a fairly mid table budget at this level its not an inconceivable jump to get into the top 7 with a solid recruitment strategy and a well drilled team.

Unfortunately we currently have  neither 

Edited by latics22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Unfortunately we currently have  neither 

 

True and Im not sure our owner shows any indication that he acknowledges his mistakes so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, singe said:

 

Forest Green claiming an income of nearly 5 million, has the whiff of Man City about it. 

 

Considering their ground, average attendance and the fact they are sponsored by their Chairman's Eco company. 

 

Yes they 'sold' Doidge but they didn't really and shouldn't be declaring it as income. They didn't sell anyone else for money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, latics22 said:

We also say every summer, get the right player in etc. It’s the best thing about football, the preseason optimism and blind faith we will better next year. Unfortunately, it’s always ground hog day! What’s  the definition of madness? Repeating the same mistake over and over and not learning from them 😔🔫. But what the hell, next season, next season .....

Padded cell time year after year 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...