6 hours ago, palmer1 said:

When was the last time we won 3 games on the bounce Tues, Sat, Tues at this time of year?

Hasn't happened in the last 30 years. Closest was 94/95:

Sat 25/3 - Derby H W1-0

Sat 1/4 - Watford A W1-0

Weds 5/4 - Middlesboro H W1-0

We won 4 on the bounce Sat-Weds-Sat-Sat the season before:

Sat 5/2 - Soton H W2-1

Weds 9/2 - Stoke A W1-0 (FACR)

Sat 12/2 - Chelsea H W2-1

Sat 19/2 - Barnsley H W1-0 (FAC)

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

We won 4 on the bounce Sat-Weds-Sat-Sat the season before:

Sat 5/2 - Soton H W2-1

Weds 9/2 - Stoke A W1-0 (FACR)

Sat 12/2 - Chelsea H W2-1

Sat 19/2 - Barnsley H W1-0 (FAC)

....was at all 4 of them...

Edited by lookersstandandy

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

Oh dear.

Wondered when somebody would pick this up.

As per usual its somebody else who is responsible-not the bloke who was patently unsuited to the job. It was an appointment made out of sentiment not ability. Many rightly saying they have stopped going. I stopped when the team and manager had obviously given up after the Bury game.

Let us see what Scholes has to say-if anything and then make a more informed judgement.

That said there is obviously something not right within this club. We probably all know the answer but there is no apparent solution. Desperate times.

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

As per usual its somebody else who is responsible-not the bloke who was patently unsuited to the job. It was an appointment made out of sentiment not ability. Many rightly saying they have stopped going. I stopped when the team and manager had obviously given up after the Bury game.

Let us see what Scholes has to say-if anything and then make a more informed judgement.

That said there is obviously something not right within this club. We probably all know the answer but there is no apparent solution. Desperate times.

What did Scholes give up exactly?

This whole managerial business with Scholes reminds me a bit of Shearer trying his hand at Newcastle but held off taking the job until he had a win-win situation......keep them up and he's a saviour, relegation and it's not his fault because he only had them for 8 matches.

Scholes comes in after the transfer window closes and can now say that none of the squad were his choice.

I'm not convinced over this interference argument (not denying it went on in the past but it comes across as a convenient excuse) for the following thoughts:

- Hunt, according to some on here, was banished to play with the kids but Scholes brought him back.

- Taylor is supposedly one match off a contract renewal so why would he be on the bench if AL had his way.

- Branger dropped to the bench before he was injured.

- If AL wanted his players in, then why hasn't Scylla, Sohil and Vera played more.

- We've won one match under Scholes and that was on the back of a 0-3 win at Crawley. We win at home to Yeovil on his first day in charge before he had any involvement in coaching. Scholes and Priest taking over coaching and we've been crap since.

I'm more inclined to believe that Scholes is not cut out to be a manager. I get the impression he's more Mourinho than Solksjaer.

Also, not forgetting, he retired from England early because he wasn't picked to play where he wanted to play.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

This whole managerial business with Scholes reminds me a bit of Shearer trying his hand at Newcastle but held off taking the job until he had a win-win situation......keep them up and he's a saviour, relegation and it's not his fault because he only had them for 8 matches.

Scholes comes in after the transfer window closes and can now say that none of the squad were his choice.

I'm not convinced over this interference argument (not denying it went on in the past but it comes across as a convenient excuse) for the following thoughts:

- Hunt, according to some on here, was banished to play with the kids but Scholes brought him back.

- Taylor is supposedly one match off a contract renewal so why would he be on the bench if AL had his way.

- If AL wanted his players in, then why hasn't Scylla, Sohil and Vera played more.

- We've won one match under Scholes and that was on the back of a 0-3 win at Crawley. We win at home to Yeovil on his first day in charge before he had any involvement in coaching. Scholes and Priest taking over coaching and we've been crap since.

I'm more inclined to believe that Scholes is not cut out to be a manager. I get the impression he's more Mourinho than Solksjaer.

Also, not forgetting, he retired from England early because he wasn't picked to play where he wanted to play.

This!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Are you Mike Halliwell?

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

As per usual its somebody else who is responsible-not the bloke who was patently unsuited to the job. It was an appointment made out of sentiment not ability. 

Your user name suggests you are of a certain age. Usually with age comes wisdom. 

Very sad state of affairs the club is in and brought on by two men, AL and ML

Two men who want to basically be managers but don’t want to stand on the touchline, just want to play championship manager with the club.

Got my son to speak to his friend who is a former employee of the club, who is still in contact with a few of the staff there to try and get some ideas of what’s been going on so I’m hoping to find out what I can soon.

12 hours ago, OAFCinWolves said:

You could argue AL was manager when Bunn was here and definitely was when Wild was in charge

Now this one made me laugh.

Just to take a tongue-in-cheek alternative viewpoint on this comment...….a few people on this message board have pointed out that Bunn's record was better than Scholes.…...does that make AL a better manager than Scholes and should he take the managerial plaudits for the 3rd round win over Fulham instead of PW?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Now this one made me laugh.

Just to take a tongue-in-cheek alternative viewpoint on this comment...….a few people on this message board have pointed out that Bunn's record was better than Scholes.…...does that make AL a better manager than Scholes and should he take the managerial plaudits for the 3rd round win over Fulham instead of PW?

Edited by GlossopLatic