Mansfield Match On Sky

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No, the Scholes Saturday game wins. I think the Bury game might beat it too.

Bury was 5018 with 1262 away

Crewe (Scholes first Sat game) was 5288 with 509 away

Home crowd attendance (excluding away fans) today was 4845, marginally higher than Scholes first game :) 

36 minutes ago, astottie said:

Home attendance 4845. Is that the best of the season?  Imagine what it could have been without the boycott. 

34 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No, the Scholes Saturday game wins. I think the Bury game might beat it too.

12 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Bury was 5018 with 1262 away

Crewe (Scholes first Sat game) was 5288 with 509 away

Home crowd attendance (excluding away fans) today was 4845, marginally higher than Scholes first game :) 

Thanks Billy. Wish I'd bet him a fiver!😁

41 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He’s from Morocco. 

(Is he bald?)

I know.... that why I’m asking. A flat cap is a heavy piece of ammo in 23 degrees for a native. Reckon he can handle 40?

(I wouldn’t know - never seen without it on, no matter what the weather)

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

I have so much respect for your posts that I wouldn't have expected you to have needed to.

Let's say I'd have made certain then. Having looked it up the MK Dons game (1st of the season) semmingly comes third. 

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Let's say I'd have made certain then. Having looked it up the MK Dons game (1st of the season) semmingly comes third. 

I am surprised at today's home turn out to be honest

Bank holidays can go either way on attendance.  We are not at the top of the table and our chances of play offs are hppefull at best however we do play attacking football  and have some good players.  It gives hope that we could attract slightly bigger crowds.

26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I know.... that why I’m asking. A flat cap is a heavy piece of ammo in 23 degrees for a native. Reckon he can handle 40?

(I wouldn’t know - never seen without it on, no matter what the weather)

Or to flip it, 23 is a bit chilly for him and he needed it... 

I reckon he’s a bit bald and a bit vain.  

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Or to flip it, 23 is a bit chilly for him and he needed it... 

I reckon he’s a bit bald and a bit vain.  

Or he might be superstitious, and considers it a lucky hat. 

The bald and vain hit is much likely to be closer to the mark though. 

10 hours ago, astottie said:

Home attendance 4845. Is that the best of the season?  Imagine what it could have been without the boycott. 

Boycott? Was there a boycott? Biggest crowd of the season I would have thought. I know it was only £5 in, but it was also on telly. Anyway for those of us who did go I thought it was a cracking performance from Latics and a great game to watch. If we had a bit of luck right at the end it’s nothing more than we deserve. 

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, this club will be run to the ground before fans are mobilised again

Abdallah will be pissing himself: supposed boycott, he drops the price and we get the highest attendance of the season

Trust might as well get their nose out of it now, he and everybody else knows they don’t have the active backing of the vast majority of fans

Hopefully Abdallah isn’t such a bellend, we can only hope

24 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Let’s be honest, this club will be run to the ground before fans are mobilised again

Abdallah will be pissing himself: supposed boycott, he drops the price and we get the highest attendance of the season

Trust might as well get their nose out of it now, he and everybody else knows they don’t have the active backing of the vast majority of fans

Hopefully Abdallah isn’t such a bellend, we can only hope

The Trust will continue on its current path. We have a louder voice if we are backed but have legal rights which we will draw on if the majority remain silent and do not engage. 

For what it’s worth I believe we do have the general backing of fans and can credibly speak for fans. The general course of action we are pursuing is supported by most imo even if there is disagreement on some points of detail.

Most see that there are major problems at our club. A few wins numb the pain and help people forget that for a while. It’s a short term hit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Sam the old media guy was to his left... 

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I noticed that after watching it back. Looked quite matey. 

Sam was out with PW and about 10 other staff members (and Winiesta) - I think it was a bit of a leaving do for him - after the Forest Green game and said he thought AL would be good for the club in the long run. 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, bozman said:

It's £675. For that you get your seat, food before the game, tea/coffee at half time, a programme and a parking pass. Any home games in the first 2 rounds of the cup competitions are included.

They still haven't announced what the price to renew is, but have sent an email saying that they have recently discovered that the club are making a loss on the package due to an "administrative error", so the price will be going up.

There is a rumour that Marco wants to pull the plug on providing this in the North Stand due to the deteriorating relationship with the landlord. Not sure if there's any truth to this though.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, Monty Burns said:

£675 for a padded seat, a cup of tea and a programme? That’s shit, no wonder we can’t sell them.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/april/23042019-100-club-201920/

Hope that's a bit better :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, owdumer said:

Just to point out though, £75 extra for parking doesn't add up to the same price does it? And we have seen some of these offers fail to materialise in years past!

To be fair I don't think we ever explicitly said anywhere that it would be the same price. In fact I think Ashleigh (our Commercial Assistant) sent an email out to current 100 Club members saying that the price might increase.. in the end we decided to keep the price the same but take Car Parking away as not many current 100 Club members use/need/want it, so we just took it off and added it as an extra at an additional (discounted) cost.

The spare Car Parking places that 100 Club members got that weren't ever used by them can now be sold to normal supporters that want them next season.

14 hours ago, owdumer said:

years past!

Key words here :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

To be fair I don't think we ever explicitly said anywhere that it would be the same price. In fact I think Ashleigh (our Commercial Assistant) sent an email out to current 100 Club members saying that the price might increase.. in the end we decided to keep the price the same but take Car Parking away as not many current 100 Club members use/need/want it, so we just took it off and added it as an extra at an additional (discounted) cost.

The spare Car Parking places that 100 Club members got that weren't ever used by them can now be sold to normal supporters that want them next season.

Key words here :) 

I'm surprised by this comment about the parking. Living 30 miles away from the ground I used mine  for every game, but was often re-directed away from the dedicated 100 Club parking spaces to other areas of the car park because the allocated spaces were already full.

You are correct though that it was indicated that the price may go up.

4 minutes ago, bozman said:

I'm surprised by this comment about the parking. Living 30 miles away from the ground I used mine  for every game, but was often re-directed away from the dedicated 100 Club parking spaces to other areas of the car park because the allocated spaces were already full.

You are correct though that it was indicated that the price may go up.

This might be due to Boardroom guests/box holders and their guests etc. Not sure... I'll bring it up with Ashleigh and see what she says :) 

• Like 1