Mansfield Match On Sky

2 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

To be fair I don't think we ever explicitly said anywhere that it would be the same price. In fact I think Ashleigh (our Commercial Assistant) sent an email out to current 100 Club members saying that the price might increase.. in the end we decided to keep the price the same but take Car Parking away as not many current 100 Club members use/need/want it, so we just took it off and added it as an extra at an additional (discounted) cost.

The spare Car Parking places that 100 Club members got that weren't ever used by them can now be sold to normal supporters that want them next season.

Key words here :) 

For me the car parking has always been a major part of the package, a one in ten chance of maybe winning a "special" prize draw over the course of a season is far less of an attraction.

The phrase "after feedback from supporters" was used in the e-mail,  but I don't recall being asked for feedback. I have been a 100 club member since the beginning so "the past",( key words you seem to dismiss so easily) is what I have experience of and while you are inferring that this time will be different, let's just say that we've all heard that before and time will tell!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owdumer said:

For me the car parking has always been a major part of the package, a one in ten chance of maybe winning a "special" prize draw over the course of a season is far less of an attraction.

The phrase "after feedback from supporters" was used in the e-mail,  but I don't recall being asked for feedback. I have been a 100 club member since the beginning so "the past",( key words you seem to dismiss so easily) is what I have experience of and while you are inferring that this time will be different, let's just say that we've all heard that before and time will tell!

That's fair enough

Ashleigh did send an email out regarding the price increase for feedback on it and she did say if anyone wanted to discuss it with her prior to the Swindon (I think?) game that she was all ears to feedback. 

The phrase "after feedback from supporters" was used in the website article, not in an email. And it wasn't just feedback from 100 Club members, but supporters in general. We wanted to add value to it, make sure that we were at least breaking even on the package and its cost (we wasn't in the past), whilst ensuring that supporters weren't miffed off at any substantial price increase. We feel that the package we've put together has done all this and so far the feedback has been positive.

I wasn't dismissing the words, I was simply implying that myself and Ashleigh won't be like that. I'm not going to stick my reputation and integrity on the line putting together a package that we won't be able to adhere to. Everything that's in the package will be offered and done :) 

12 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

That's fair enough

Ashleigh did send an email out regarding the price increase for feedback on it and she did say if anyone wanted to discuss it with her prior to the Swindon (I think?) game that she was all ears to feedback. 

The phrase "after feedback from supporters" was used in the website article, not in an email. And it wasn't just feedback from 100 Club members, but supporters in general. We wanted to add value to it, make sure that we were at least breaking even on the package and its cost (we wasn't in the past), whilst ensuring that supporters weren't miffed off at any substantial price increase. We feel that the package we've put together has done all this and so far the feedback has been positive.

I wasn't dismissing the words, I was simply implying that myself and Ashleigh won't be like that. I'm not going to stick my reputation and integrity on the line putting together a package that we won't be able to adhere to. Everything that's in the package will be offered and done :) 

I am not trying to say I doubt your personal veracity, you come across as a genuinely helpful and personable representative of the club.

What I do take issue with is that most of this "new" package of benefits will be of little or no interest to me or the vast majority of other fans that I have conversed with, whilst one major part of the package has been withdrawn and is now charged an extra £75 for. Also, some of this package is already available with a standard season ticket (discounts on travel and club shop etc.) So being cited as an extra for 100 club membership is a little disingenuous.

I am not trying to say I doubt your personal veracity, you come across as a genuinely helpful and personable representative of the club.

What I do take issue with is that most of this "new" package of benefits will be of little or no interest to me or the vast majority of other fans that I have conversed with, whilst one major part of the package has been withdrawn and is now charged an extra £75 for. Also, some of this package is already available with a standard season ticket (discounts on travel and club shop etc.) So being cited as an extra for 100 club membership is a little disingenuous.

Thank-you :) 

You're best of putting all this into an email to either myself at supporter.services@oldhamathletic.co.uk or Ashleigh at ashleigh.poxon@oldhamathletic.co.uk (or us both) and we'll see what we can do and if we can somehow accommodate you. Dealing with it over a fans forum isn't exactly the best way to be going about things for either myself or you :) 

With regard to the discount on travel and club shop, this was always going to be offered on standard Season Tickets, it would be unfair if we only offered it on standard Season Tickets and didn't offer it to 100 Club members who are paying over double the price. It's still an extra as it's included in the price and something you didn't get last year...

Also the change to car park charges was not mentioned in advance  or I definitely would have given "feedback"

This is something else that is best discussed via email :) 

20 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Thank-you :) 

You're best of putting all this into an email to either myself at supporter.services@oldhamathletic.co.uk or Ashleigh at ashleigh.poxon@oldhamathletic.co.uk (or us both) and we'll see what we can do and if we can somehow accommodate you. Dealing with it over a fans forum isn't exactly the best way to be going about things for either myself or you :) 

With regard to the discount on travel and club shop, this was always going to be offered on standard Season Tickets, it would be unfair if we only offered it on standard Season Tickets and didn't offer it to 100 Club members who are paying over double the price. It's still an extra as it's included in the price and something you didn't get last year...

This is something else that is best discussed via email :) 

You engaged me!

Clearly if the club are making a loss on the service, they can't be expected to continue to offer the same benefits for the same price (how that is possible at those prices I can't fathom, but that's a different debate).

Essentially they are swapping something of tangible value (a car park pass) for something of intangible value and of limited appeal to many ( potential prize draw wins). I'm excluding the other new benefits from consideration that are available as standard to all season ticket holders. So it really comes down to whether or not you drive to games, as to whether you consider this package at the same price to be better value than the old package at a potentially increased price.

It sounds like the club have reached the conclusion that a majority of 100 club  members don't drive to games.  For those of us that do drive, it's clearly a significantly worse offer but if we are in a minority (I'm very skeptical about that for reasons stated in an earlier post) then it's probably the right thing for the club to do.

8 hours ago, bozman said:

Clearly if the club are making a loss on the service, they can't be expected to continue to offer the same benefits for the same price (how that is possible at those prices I can't fathom, but that's a different debate).

Essentially they are swapping something of tangible value (a car park pass) for something of intangible value and of limited appeal to many ( potential prize draw wins). I'm excluding the other new benefits from consideration that are available as standard to all season ticket holders. So it really comes down to whether or not you drive to games, as to whether you consider this package at the same price to be better value than the old package at a potentially increased price.

It sounds like the club have reached the conclusion that a majority of 100 club  members don't drive to games.  For those of us that do drive, it's clearly a significantly worse offer but if we are in a minority (I'm very skeptical about that for reasons stated in an earlier post) then it's probably the right thing for the club to do.

The way I look at it, would you pay £75 more for the following:

- priority on away games, entitled to 4 tickets per 100 club card (compared to 2 for normal season ticket holders) 

- exclusive gift (worth £45)

- £10 off any hospitality 

- monthly prize draws (yes you are in with maybe a 1/100 chance of winning... but on some of them even if you win you’ve made money back)

- Club Shop offers exclusive to 100 club members only

Some of them have tangible value, some don’t. Even the ones with intangible value might have worth to some people, for example the first 30 to purchase getting a Q&A session plus dinner with the manager. 

We’ve added them and taken away parking. Is the above worth £75? I’d say so, but it’s just all down to opinion and circumstance. Unfortunately we aren’t able to please everyone 

Edited by OAFCBilly

Billy, I'm sure you are convinced you are in the right here, BUT the fact is that there has been a major change to a package I have paid a lot of money for over the last few years. There are several other things I am not happy about but I really don't want to get into a conflict over it on here, Suffice it to say that obviously, I am not the only one who feels somewhat let down over previous seasons otherwise the new rehashed super offer wouldn't have come into being.

By the way, if we are being pedantic, I said you engaged me, not you engaged me first!

I am on a public forum for supporters debate and comments, I got miffed at being assailed with all those smiley face bloody emojis. Please desist with them!

Billy, I'm sure you are convinced you are in the right here, BUT the fact is that there has been a major change to a package I have paid a lot of money for over the last few years. There are several other things I am not happy about but I really don't want to get into a conflict over it on here, Suffice it to say that obviously, I am not the only one who feels somewhat let down over previous seasons otherwise the new rehashed super offer wouldn't have come into being.

By the way, if we are being pedantic, I said you engaged me, not you engaged me first!

I am on a public forum for supporters debate and comments, I got miffed at being assailed with all those smiley face bloody emojis. Please desist with them!

Fair enough haha

7 hours ago, owdumer said:

Have you got in touch via email to see if they can do a deal? Rather than discussing it on here? 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Yeah, it’s defo a better offer with a parking space. Unless the exclusive gift is something good.

Probably sell around 40, so chances of winning on the prize draws will be higher.

No chance - there'll be 100 tickets in there, 60 with 'no winner' on them :chubb:

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

On the 100 Club,  AL had put season tickets for the 100 club on sale today, yet he hadn’t got an agreement with the OEC to use the facilities so anyone paying any money to the club may nor be able to use anything but the seat. It’s not Blitz’s fault - it’s down to AL as he hasn’t signed an agreement like last season...

Chancer doesn't quite cover it, does it?

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all, does anyone have a programme from this fixture which they would be willing to part with, it's the only one I'm missing from the past season. 

I used to contact Gordon Lawton direct if I needed a programme but I've no idea who I should/could email now.