Mansfield Match On Sky

9 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Back on topic, after our season pretty much ended today is anyone seriously bothering with this game now? Mansfield should outnumber us 

Not been since Scholes left so I won’t be bothering. Sadly, I’ve not missed it one bit... worrying times.

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Not been since Scholes left so I won’t be bothering. Sadly, I’ve not missed it one bit... worrying times.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Snap.

Morecambe was my last. But likewise I’ve not missed it one bit. I thought I would. I don’t have Sky Sports and I’m not even gonna go out of my way to watch on Monday. If I get invited to a mates to watch I probably will but meh

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

But they can't go up on Monday, can they...?

You know what, I didn’t even check after reading that tweet. Assumed the tweeter was correct. Just checked and you are right, they’ll probably need a point from their last two games with their superior goal difference. I’ll get me coat. 

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

On top of everything else that’s going on, if this doesn’t keep anyone away I don’t know what will 

Bollocks to witnessing that. 

No promotion for them at BP and obviously, Mr Bipolar...whoever he is...appears to think that Oldham Athletic are a bigger club than Mansfield Town.

Fact is, they are not. people like that need to realise teams get promoted on merit, not past glories.

26 minutes ago, Wardie said:

No promotion for them at BP and obviously, Mr Bipolar...whoever he is...appears to think that Oldham Athletic are a bigger club than Mansfield Town.

Fact is, they are not. people like that need to realise teams get promoted on merit, not past glories.

They day we think Mansfield Town are a bigger club is the day to fold the club.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Oldham are a bigger club than Mansfield Town. If only way to define a big club is current league position then we may as well all pack it in and go home. 

• Like 2

September 2002 and Wjnhard filling his boots... how far our club has fallen.  

Granted it was under Moore era and before we went into administration but we’ve had success against them since - notably in the FA Cup replay under Johnson.

We’re at our lowest.... I’m an atheist but even I’m now praying that something positive happens in the summer.  Hopefully the peace talks with the Trust triggers the Clown to spout “Fuck me, you’re right.  Life savings exhausted but I have a family member/mate/anybody who’s got a fair few million.”

9 hours ago, Wardie said:

.....Mr Bipolar...whoever he is...appears to think that Oldham Athletic are a bigger club than Mansfield Town. Fact is, they are not.

Mr Bipolar is OWTB’s very own @oafcprozac and I agree with the sentiment of his post. Mansfield last competed in the 3rd tier 17 seasons ago, having spent 5 of those in the conference and appear to have spent only 1 season in the 2nd tier in their history. It would indeed be depressing as fook watching a team with such a record taking their place above us in the Football League, just like Accrington, Rochdale, Wycombe, Burton, Fleetwood.

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

Although merit has been in very short supply for many years now, I think we have more in the way of history/tradition and I dare say we are more recognised than them as football club with some history. Means nowt in the here and now though.

Our fanbase has always been what you would call "compact", so measured in those terms we are one of the smallest these days.

I know a few who once we fell out of the premier league and continued to drop started watching the sky blue money pit down the road which personally makes me rather cross...

9 hours ago, jsslatic said:

I've seen various reasons for #Abdallahout. Not sure Mansfield winning promotion is a valid one.

Yep, especially when Mansfield are only 2 points ahead of 4th place Bury so mathematically can't win promotion tomorrow.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for wanting Abdallah out without needing false ones.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's match but only really because I'm happy for any opportunity to see Latics live rather than the state we're in.

I saw them a few weeks ago smash Exeter.  They weren't particularly impressive in defence or midfield (solid rather than anything else) but in CJ Hamilton and Tyler Walker they have two talented and really quick strikers.  Expect for them to look for a lot of balls over the top.

I'd go back to the previous winning formula if possible, with Lang definitely up front and not on the right.

Iversen

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Iacovitti

Branger

Maouche

Missilou

Nepomuceno

O'Grady

Lang

21 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Oldham are a bigger club than Mansfield Town. If only way to define a big club is current league position then we may as well all pack it in and go home. 

Agree. Leeds are bigger than half the Prem. Sunderland are bigger than 3/4 of the Championship. Oldham are bigger than Mansfield. 

Mansfield have opened a brand new £2million training facility. Get bigger attendances than us and have a better team.

Historically they may well be a smaller club than us but at this moment in time they are way ahead of us like it or not.

The way they are heading and they way we are heading that gap is going to get bigger.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mansfield have opened a brand new £2million training facility. Get bigger attendances than us and have a better team.

Historically they may well be a smaller club than us but at this moment in time they are way ahead of us like it or not.

The way they are heading and they way we are heading that gap is going to get bigger.

There is no definition of what makes one club bigger than another. To throw training facilities in there is a bit desperate. We are bigger than Mansfield. 

15 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

There is no definition of what makes one club bigger than another. To throw training facilities in there is a bit desperate. We are bigger than Mansfield. 

If you are player this summer and you have a choice between signing for Oldham or Mansfield Town which one are you going too? 

Throwing in the fact we were good 30 years ago may seem pretty desperate. alot of footballers today weren't even born then it won't matter to them it will matter where we are going.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't acknowledge the past ofcourse we should, we all have very happy memories of then. But Mansfield Town are a club that has overtaken us and we don't look like catching them up, we should be concerned about that.

Edited by GlossopLatic

30 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

For now. We used to be bigger than Wigan but we're certainly not now. 

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you are player this summer and you have a choice between signing for Oldham or Mansfield Town which one are you going too? 

Throwing in the fact we were good 30 years ago may seem pretty desperate. alot of footballers today weren't even born then it won't matter to them it will matter where we are going.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't acknowledge the past ofcourse we should, we all have very happy memories of then. But Mansfield Town are a club that has overtaken us and we don't look like catching them up, we should be concerned about that.

You are getting sillier. Given the choice last summer would a player choose to sign for one of say Burnley, Brighton and Bournemouth or Aston Villa. They would probably opt for the Premier league club. Does that make those clubs bigger than Villa? 

We are concerned because much smaller clubs than us are higher up the leagues. Do you think Rochdale are a bigger club than Latics? 

• Like 1