Mansfield Match On Sky

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mansfield have opened a brand new £2million training facility. Get bigger attendances than us and have a better team.

Historically they may well be a smaller club than us but at this moment in time they are way ahead of us like it or not.

The way they are heading and they way we are heading that gap is going to get bigger.

So Leicester are bigger than Leeds because they are in a league higher and have new state of the art facilities?  Of course not. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

For now. We used to be bigger than Wigan but we're certainly not now. 

Indeed. These things are established over a reasonable period of time, not a snapshot of league position. It's not impossible for us to be a division higher than Mansfield next season. Remember soon to be non-league Yeovil in the Championship? 

54 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Get bigger attendances than us.

Really?

They have had slightly higher attendances this year during a great run for promotion. 

When was the last year they had higher attendances than us before this year? I think it has happened a couple of times in the last 50 years...70’s I think. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Sure they'll be bothered when they are going to Bolton and Ipswich whilst we are at Crawley and Grimsby.

We're not discussing it with them. They aren't even aware not to be bothered about our pointless, petty debate. 

36 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Really?

They have had slightly higher attendances this year during a great run for promotion. 

When was the last year they had higher attendances than us before this year? I think it has happened a couple of times in the last 50 years...70’s I think. 

Average League 2 Attendances 18-19 season

Yes, see above.

We probably would get bigger attendances in their position but it doesn't matter because that's not where we are that's a hypothetical situation. Who's support is going is going upwards and who's is deteriorating?

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Predictions for the game? Reckon we'll line up with Missilou and Sylla in midfield. Hunt, Mauoche and Nepo in behind COG...

Because we have no interest in winning the game? Another poster theorised that we didn’t want to win against Cheltenham - just don’t get why AL or other wouldn’t want promotion??

On 4/20/2019 at 10:44 AM, Dick_Valentine said:

You know what, I didn’t even check after reading that tweet. Assumed the tweeter was correct. Just checked and you are right, they’ll probably need a point from their last two games with their superior goal difference. I’ll get me coat. 

They could have gone up tomorrow if they had won instead of drawing against Latics at home.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

So Leicester are bigger than Leeds because they are in a league higher and have new state of the art facilities?  Of course not. 

People always seem to

confuse big and great. 

Forest are a great club, as are Leicester now given what both achieved being far “smaller”

than others based on attendance, capacity, fan base beyond the local area, finances etc... 

I’d say we’re one of the greatest clubs at our

level given what we did 30 years ago and how we continue to have days like Fulham, Everton and Liverpool. Very few clubs can match us in that regard... 

Liverpool are great and big. 

City and Chelsea I wouldn’t describe as great given they’ve bought success. Over time they could become great though. 

Leeds, Sunderland, Newcastle I’d argue are possibly the worst clubs in the world given their size and the fact they’re usually shite. 

Amirite lads? 

Edited by HarryBosch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Average League 2 Attendances 18-19 season

Yes, see above.

We probably would get bigger attendances in their position but it doesn't matter because that's not where we are that's a hypothetical situation. Who's support is going is going upwards and who's is deteriorating?

Ours has been flat since 2010, theirs is volatile, for example they had a 3 year spell about 10 years ago with much higher attendances than now.  But let’s leave it there, facts don’t interest you. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Predictions for the game? Reckon we'll line up with Missilou and Sylla in midfield. Hunt, Mauoche and Nepo in behind COG...

It would be interesting. Lang looks fecked, so you never know.  Sylla should be a certainty. 

I take it Baxter is injured again? 

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It would be interesting. Lang looks fecked, so you never know.  Sylla should be a certainty. 

I take it Baxter is injured again? 

I hope not, Baxter looked very sharp when he came on against Swindon.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, yarddog73 said:

They day we think Mansfield Town are a bigger club is the day to fold the club.

Fold the club? That's utter bollox. It's getting more and more like Twitter on here.

What does it really matter who thinks one club is "bigger" than another...most probably every football fan thinks their club are bigger because their club means more to them than any other. History, past glories, training facilities all mean nothing to the shifting sands of football. If Mansfield do gain promotion and Latics knock them out of the FA Cup next season, it will be considered the metaphorical 'giant killing'. 

That's football for you, it's all about the here and now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

People always seem to

confuse big and great...

Although I appreciate what you are saying, 'Great' can mean size but also historical existence or superiority.
We can bandy words around all day but perception will win out. :D 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Missilou and Sylla as a pair hasn’t worked before in a game, too similar so that would be worrying