Mansfield Match On Sky

To stand any chance of still making the play offs (unlikely I know) we need to win an absolute minimum of 3 out of the 4 games left so I’d like to see us give it a right go with as an attacking a line up as we can possibly muster with the players we have available, 4-3-3 get it forward into the front three. May as well have a right crack at it and go out all guns blazing, draws are of no use so may as well lose trying to win it as play out two draws like the last couple of games. We won three games in a week previous to that so it is possible with the right belief and desire

2 hours ago, Paul said:

To stand any chance of still making the play offs (unlikely I know) we need to win an absolute minimum of 3 out of the 4 games left so I’d like to see us give it a right go with as an attacking a line up as we can possibly muster with the players we have available, 4-3-3 get it forward into the front three. May as well have a right crack at it and go out all guns blazing, draws are of no use so may as well lose trying to win it as play out two draws like the last couple of games. We won three games in a week previous to that so it is possible with the right belief and desire

I think any slender chances Latics had, went with the bore draw at the weekend. You're right though, nothing to lose by going for their throats.

6 hours ago, Wardie said:

Although I appreciate what you are saying, 'Great' can mean size but also historical existence or superiority.
We can bandy words around all day but perception will win out. :D 

Exactly, great pair of bollocks isn't a phrase that springs to mind. 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They won’t “smash” us. 

Exactly. 

Our home record against the top 7 is reasonable for what is currently a bottom half side. 

Lincoln - Draw with 10 men

MK Dons - Lost but first game of the season with a lot of the current side absent. 

Bury- Dominant 4-2 win

Tranmere - Dominant 2-0 win

Forest Green - Dull draw

Exeter - Loss (I've seen reports that we actually played well though). 

Our home record against the teams 8th to 12th is a different and much worse story. 

I still think we'll lose though. 

9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Average League 2 Attendances 18-19 season

Yes, see above.

We probably would get bigger attendances in their position but it doesn't matter because that's not where we are that's a hypothetical situation. Who's support is going is going upwards and who's is deteriorating?

This one paints a picture too 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances/away 

Ok, Mansfield are better than us this season and are favourites to be in a higher League next season. But that is quite an unusual occurrence during our two clubs histories. 

In the 1993/94 season Newcastle, West Ham, Portsmouth, Leicester, Derby, Wolves, Birmingham, Sunderland were all in a lower League than us. But they were still bigger clubs. 

Current ground capcities: Mansfield 9,186. Latics 13,513.

Record attendance: Mansfield 24,461

Latics 47,671.

Mansfield have never finished higher than 21st in the old Division 2 in the 77/78 season thier only ever escape from the two lower leagues and don’t forget 4 seasons in the Conference. 

A bigger club than us? Ney, ney, thrice ney. 

Now get get a grip. 

• Like 2

When we played at their place we escaped with a point and nearly won it with the last kick of the match.

I said at the time that they would be up there in the promotion pack with a strong team .

We will have to be on top form to win .

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

Ok, Mansfield are better than us this season and are favourites to be in a higher League next season. But that is quite an unusual occurrence during our two clubs histories. 

In the 1993/94 season Newcastle, West Ham, Portsmouth, Leicester, Derby, Wolves, Birmingham, Sunderland were all in a lower League than us. But they were still bigger clubs. 

Current ground capcities: Mansfield 9,186. Latics 13,513.

Record attendance: Mansfield 24,461

Latics 47,671.

Mansfield have never finished higher than 21st in the old Division 2 in the 77/78 season thier only ever escape from the two lower leagues and don’t forget 4 seasons in the Conference. 

A bigger club than us? Ney, ney, thrice ney. 

Now get get a grip. 

Their CEO is better looking than ours though...😉