Scholes gone

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

I firmly believe that any manager / head coach, however you want to name the position should do the recruitment, it should be a team moulded by what they want. The reason being it’s they that are judged on their results, they that have to front up to the media, they that take the flak if it’s not going well.

So if you have a situation that it appears Oldham do, it becomes a grey area, who has signed such and such a player, is it AL and ML, is it Bunn/Scholes/Wild,. If it’s AL and ML, and the manager is being pushed or forced to play certain players, why should that manager take the flak if results aren’t right, or is it tactics the manager has instigated, it’s all very grey.

Who knows who will get the job, I certainly don’t have a clue as it stands. I’m not sure we are that an attractive a proposition for a certain percentage of reputable managers. Some managers that do the rounds seem to fail fairly regularly yet still get yet another job. Why not go down the route of a Pete Wild or a Pete Wild type manager/coach, why not give a manager in non league who is doing well, the opportunity. I think whoever gets it should have the whole of one season at least, I’m not convinced constantly chopping and changing really works.

I agree with this. It might be an old-fashioned way of thinking but I think the manager/head coach should be able to approach the board or the owner with a list of players that he fancies. They then discuss who they can realistically afford to go for, and take it from there.

I can’t really see the merits of a system where the players are chosen by the owner or anyone else from ‘upstairs’ and then given to the 1st team manager, which seems to be the system being used at the club at the moment.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree with this. It might be an old-fashioned way of thinking but I think the manager/head coach should be able to approach the board or the owner with a list of players that he fancies. They then discuss who they can realistically afford to go for, and take it from there.

I can’t really see the merits of a system where the players are chosen by the owner or anyone else from ‘upstairs’ and then given to the 1st team manager, which seems to be the system being used at the club at the moment.

Works for some teams. It means you can bring players in that play a certain way and choose the manager accordingly.

Requires a far more detailed set-up than one man picking players though.

So no good for us to do extremely well with.

We don't have the funds and backroom staff the Like a of Southampton have

52 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Works for some teams. It means you can bring players in that play a certain way and choose the manager accordingly.

Requires a far more detailed set-up than one man picking players though.

So no good for us to do extremely well with.

We don't have the funds and backroom staff the Like a of Southampton have

For it to work the sporting director (gay) imo must be better than the manager/coach and have more knowledge. This doesn’t seem to be the case here as the majority (close to all) seem to be absolutely pants. I’d give the job to BP1960 myself. 

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

For it to work the sporting director (gay) imo must be better than the manager/coach and have more knowledge. This doesn’t seem to be the case here as the majority (close to all) seem to be absolutely pants. I’d give the job to BP1960 myself. 

The sporting director needs to be responsible for signings. But he needs a team to pick them. No chance here

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I'm too outspoken, wouldn't last a day. 

I don't think many Premiership clubs sporting directors choose the signings. Most of the managers tell the sporting director which players they want and it's then up to the sporting director to negotiate with the players agent to get the player. For instance Mouinho wasn't happy at Utd. because he couldn't sign the players he wanted. Now Solskjaer wants Maguire in the summer.

19 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Plus you think Dan Gardner is a cut above, so on second thoughts I’m team Lemsagam 😩

I see you have dusted down your old long playing record, glad it's music to your ears and not everyone's. 😁

47 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I was trying to think of that trash defender you were responsible for sir but it slipped my mind so I brought out the old reliable 😂

You mean the one who's played 34 times in a higher division this season?

Let me know your prospects for the future, I'll gladly monitor them for you.

Somehow I don't think you will supply a list in case you are wrong.

All mouth and no trousers are my thoughts.

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

For a team with the worst GD outside the drop zone, and who may well drop themselves :chubb:

So you blame it one one man I bet you haven't seen play for them this season? Wonderful observation.

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Where did I blame it on one man?

You chipped in, I know exactly what you mean

I wonder why Southgate called Tarkowski to the recent England squad? Obviously he's no good and to blame for their poor defensive record this season according to yours and simplythemostimportantkicks logic. 

1 minute ago, jsslatic said:

Burgess could be relegated three times from League One in two seasons.

Even Relegation Dan would blush.

And soon to be relegation bound twice Doyle, who you don't want here on that basis I assume?

Archived