Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

51 minutes ago, Wardie said:

49 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think they both believe they're telling the truth

The actual truth is likely somewhere in between

AL's thinking  "that wasn't interfering - you should have seen me with Bunn/Wild"

Scholes realised he'd dropped a bollock in more ways than one and saw an excuse to bail

Either way, what a fucking mess. 

40 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Who the fuck do we believe is telling the least amount of lies?

Of course, you are right in that they both believe the words coming out of their own mouths.

If you believe Scholes version then Abdallah has gone back on his word and broken the promises and assurances he gave when Scholes took on the role.

If you  believe Abdallah’s version then Scholes has either overreacted or found an excuse to bail.

What does perplex me is the manner in which Scholes tendered his resignation- via text and then refused to take any subsequent calls from Abdallah.

What is undeniable is that the actions of both men have left the club in an extremely precarious and dangerous situation.

All the talk of Boycotts and individuals walking away from the club is understandable but, given the conflicting statements, I simply do not know what to believe. 

This has been another sad episode in the history of my club.

50 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Wellen' podcast is very interesting...he clearly says that AL initially asked a couple of times if he could come into the dressing room and RW agreed through his naivety but then when he got the job full time AL carried on and had obviously decided he loved it and wasn't going to stop!

When AL first took over I looked at a few social media posts of his...since removed I think...it was full of pics of him in helicopters, in Monaco, flash cars, bullshit like that....basically a wannabe playboy who is now a kid in a candy shop and playing football manager with our club

I feared from the start he was a chancer and could easily replicate the Leyton Orient example 

What podcast? I’d be interested in hearing that! 

We’ve all been hoodwinked, we are all so desperate to believe AL isn’t the bad guy. The reason being if he is we’re fucked. But it’s time to open our eyes and face facts. He’s obviously plotless and is a egomaniac, yeah maybe Scholes has took the easy option. But it’s blatantly obvious that AL  is still interfering, if the story of no gas is true? That in itself is grounds to walk, if Scholes has been promised a decent budget for the summer and we’re not even paying the gas bill! What does that say? I think we’re fucked with or without him. So let’s role the dice, force him out and prey for a saviour. I can’t see him riding out a shit storm for long?

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

We’ve all been hoodwinked, we are all so desperate to believe AL isn’t the bad guy. The reason being if he is we’re fucked. But it’s time to open our eyes and face facts. He’s obviously plotless and is a egomaniac, yeah maybe Scholes has took the easy option. But it’s blatantly obvious that AL  is still interfering, if the story of no gas is true? That in itself is grounds to walk, if Scholes has been promised a decent budget for the summer and we’re not even paying the gas bill! What does that say? I think we’re fucked with or without him. So let’s role the dice, force him out and prey for a saviour. I can’t see him riding out a shit storm for long?

And if the saviour doesn't come, then what?

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If you believe Scholes version then Abdallah has gone back on his word and broken the promises and assurances he gave when Scholes took on the role.

If you  believe Abdallah’s version then Scholes has either overreacted or found an excuse to bail.

What does perplex me is the manner in which Scholes tendered his resignation- via text and then refused to take any subsequent calls from Abdallah.

What is undeniable is that the actions of both men have left the club in an extremely precarious and dangerous situation.

All the talk of Boycotts and individuals walking away from the club is understandable but, given the conflicting statements, I simply do not know what to believe. 

This has been another sad episode in the history of my club.

What to believe? Considering that Abdallah says that he hasn't been in the country (lie) and that he always had to reassure Scholes that he was the manager (why would he have to do that unless he kept interfering?) then I'm less inclined to believe Abdallah. Add in the facts of numerous sackings/contract payoffs (even getting rid of the voluntary SLO), there's no smoke without fire. He needs to go.

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

What to believe? Considering that Abdallah says that he hasn't been in the country (lie) and that he always had to reassure Scholes that he was the manager (why would he have to do that unless he kept interfering?) then I'm less inclined to believe Abdallah. Add in the facts of numerous sackings/contract payoffs (even getting rid of the voluntary SLO), there's no smoke without fire. He needs to go.

This is an interesting quote-if he has been away in Dubai it casts a different shadow over the events. If it is indeed a lie then it condemns him. Can anybody confirm his whereabouts over past couple of weeks?

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

This is an interesting quote-if he has been away in Dubai it casts a different shadow over the events. If it is indeed a lie then it condemns him. Can anybody confirm his whereabouts over past couple of weeks?

You don’t need to be in the country  be a cock, plus his brother was probably about

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Then we start again, it’s looking like we will have to anyway 

Best start by ordering a few pallets of gallon buckets...............................................we're going to need them :unsure:

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Best start by ordering a few pallets of gallon buckets...............................................we're going to need them :unsure:

We could bring hot water for the players then collect money with the buckets 

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I’ll hold my hands up here, I don’t have proof personally. I’m going off what people have said. 

Wellens sums it up, the fact that a player appears without his knowledge who he has never heard of shows the chairmans controlling ego in stark clarity.

How the fook can any manager deal with that?

The man has an arrogance and childishness which is worrying.

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Wellens sums it up, the fact that a player appears without his knowledge who he has never heard of shows the chairmans controlling ego in stark clarity.

The next manager should have a spring loaded door fitted on the dressing room or better still an ejector seat for the owner to sit in, failing that change the bloody locks! 

Yes I know what you're thinking...........................................................make the chair electrified :D

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

I think Scholes dropped both bollocks by believing the voices in his head saying "Paul, you have the talent to be a top manager". In reality, he was tactically inept, has no communication skills and is crap at motivation. No use asking our players to hit that tree 50 yards away. 

I had doubts about his appointment but supported him. But after yesterday's announcement, I'm really not bothered about him going.

We need stabilisation at this level.....someone who's been around Leagues 1 & 2 for a few years. 

Yes, in the back of my mind I felt Scholes would walk at the first hint of trouble.

He just strikes me as non committal in what he says, his awkward body language etc, almost "right I don't like it here now, I'm bored. I'm going home"

But under this chairman we are sunk, no one wants to come here, player or manager.

Its a good thing we have accumulated the points we have as I'm convince non league would have surely come knocking

24 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So there could be a protest at the game on Saturday and he won't be there?

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

So if we had a transfer committee that took these decisions on away from the manager, that would be ok then?

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes, in the back of my mind I felt Scholes would walk at the first hint of trouble.

He just strikes me as non committal in what he says, his awkward body language etc, almost "right I don't like it here now, I'm bored. I'm going home"

But under this chairman we are sunk, no one wants to come here, player or manager.

Its a good thing we have accumulated the points we have as I'm convince non league would have surely come knocking

There will be plenty of applicants who are at home doing washing up or walking the dog who will take this job on. We just need to separate those in the "F*ck me, please God, no" and "Now he is crap" columns from the half dozen who are so-so.

5 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

So if we had a transfer committee that took these decisions on away from the manager, that would be ok then?

Lemsagam has wanted a head coach rather than a manager since the day he came in.

For reasons I don't know he won't just bite the bullet and do it his way out in the open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47578195

If there is any truth to this I don't see what Lemsagam has done wrong, why is football the special case that an owner can't talk directly with their staff?

Archived