Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, True Tic said:

??  The manager should have a huge say in which players are chosen, no "committee", a discussion between manager and chairman and an approach to the said player is the logical approach.

I'm not disagreeing but there are lots of successful clubs that have a committee and don't discuss targets with their managers. Joe Royle was a partial example....when there was little money, he found gems....when he had decent money to spend, he bought unwisely.

3 minutes ago, hinchy said:

Lemsagam has wanted a head coach rather than a manager since the day he came in.

For reasons I don't know he won't just bite the bullet and do it his way out in the open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47578195

If there is any truth to this I don't see what Lemsagam has done wrong, why is football the special case that an owner can't talk directly with their staff?

So AL chats to everyone...except the Trust it seems?

Very strange.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

I'm not disagreeing but there are lots of successful clubs that have a committee and don't discuss targets with their managers. Joe Royle was a partial example....when there was little money, he found gems....when he had decent money to spend, he bought unwisely.

Yes, I recall him being thrifty with a little but going daft when he was occasionally given the cash

12 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Ok, a bit picky here methinks...….should it have read "everyone at the club"? 

You see my point though Mike, it appears he will openly chat to anyone, except The Trust, and there must be a reason for this if the Trust  indicate that's the case?

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Well you had me convinced on the previous post and then this!!!

Knew I'd seen something. Oldham Comic Con had an awareness day on Monday, they've posted photos on Facebook and Abdallah is in some of them.

Edit - he was also on Alan Howarth's flight to Manchester last week.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

If you believe Scholes version then Abdallah has gone back on his word and broken the promises and assurances he gave when Scholes took on the role.

If you  believe Abdallah’s version then Scholes has either overreacted or found an excuse to bail.

What does perplex me is the manner in which Scholes tendered his resignation- via text and then refused to take any subsequent calls from Abdallah.

What is undeniable is that the actions of both men have left the club in an extremely precarious and dangerous situation.

All the talk of Boycotts and individuals walking away from the club is understandable but, given the conflicting statements, I simply do not know what to believe. 

This has been another sad episode in the history of my club.

I can't believe a word of what Lemsagam says only a fool would. This is the same guy who last October on the sacking of Andy Rhodes said he was funding the club to the tune of £200,000 a month. 5 months later and after a lucrative FA cup run we now find out we can't pay the gas bill.

I do think Scholes has jumped much quicker than others would have done given his life at a club with unparalleled of the field stability it can't be any preparation for the shitshow that is taking place. Factor in the fact hes the only person involved in the club who is financially secure enough to walk away from a contract without the need for a pay off and has said what everyonelse has said whos been involved at the club over the last 18 months it was only going to end one way. That said I dont think any manager can currently work in this current situation.

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That said I dont think any manager can currently work in this current situation.

Bold statement.....but there are always managers out there who are willing to give it a go...….most of them are Martin Allen quality unfortunately.

Scholes is the first manager we have had who doesnt need to manage for financial gain, he told the bellend he would walk if he interfered and thats exactly what he did..Although his managerial record wasnt great Scholes had contacts and could have brought in some decent fresh faces in the summer, instead he will be now judged by his record with us managing the rabble AL brought in..

The club was apparently almost debt free he told sky sports on the day of Scholes’s appointment and now we find out that the same weekend we had the gas and elec cut off for non payments of bills, i dont believe a word that comes out of his mouth..

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Bold statement.....but there are always managers out there who are willing to give it a go...….most of them are Martin Allen quality unfortunately.

They might be willing to give it a go doesn't mean they will be any good at it.

Whoever comes in has no chance with the clown in charge.

What is the point of appointing a “Manager” because the said person won’t be allowed to manage. Therefore he may as well appoint a coach, to coach the team he picks. It’s obvious he is involved with team picking and recruitment so what’s the point in hiding it, make it official that he picks the team and signs players and a coach will coach them.

50 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I can't believe a word of what Lemsagam says only a fool would.

My stance is more considered - we have two differing opinions as to what has actually gone on. I don't know who is telling the truth. So I am probably saying that I don't believe either.

Hopefully that doesn't make me a fool.. 😳

Sorry if this has been posted previously, we know Al is a conman and if in his words he has been in Dubai for the last 2 weeks, has his brother been interfering in the background? It would make sense as the sporting director brother of the owner, “I’m a director of this club” seen it a few times in business through my career. 

Scholes should come out and tell the whole truth as should some of the ex players who hide behind well chosen words on Twitter. It’s the only way we will know the truth. 

Ive only been to a few games over the last few years, largely down to the football on display and a young family, my sons old enough now to get into football, I’ve taken him to half a dozen games this season and was considering season tickets for next year, I really don’t think there will be much to support next year, so won’t be spending my hard earned! 

However some one of the people on here really need to take a reality check, was Scholes going to make a silk purse from a sows ear? Really? People were calling for his head after Morcambe! He should have been given the summer and a full season to make his mark on this team, I really think next year we could have pushed on next year. 

Please can someone explain to me why they think that the electricity and gas has been cut off. Surely if they had been then we wouldn't have been able to stage a game. At least two games since Scholes was appointed were played under floodlights. I seem to recall they worked perfectly. In addition I assume that the showers in the changing rooms and various other appliances i.e. bars and catering outlets were either powered by gas or electricity. They nmay well have been cut off but it doesn't seem to ring true. Please can someone explain.

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

What is the point of appointing a “Manager” because the said person won’t be allowed to manage. Therefore he may as well appoint a coach, to coach the team he picks. It’s obvious he is involved with team picking and recruitment so what’s the point in hiding it, make it official that he picks the team and signs players and a coach will coach them.

Have to disagree with this....Scholes was allowed to manage.....he was just crap at it. He put in the starting line-up players that AL wanted to get rid of and dropped others that AL wanted to play. I reckon AL looked at the product Scholes put out and thought it's gone downhill from what PW put out. Also, a return of 6 points from 21 is sh*te.

4 minutes ago, milnrow latics said:

Please can someone explain to me why they think that the electricity and gas has been cut off. Surely if they had been then we wouldn't have been able to stage a game. At least two games since Scholes was appointed were played under floodlights. I seem to recall they worked perfectly. In addition I assume that the showers in the changing rooms and various other appliances i.e. bars and catering outlets were either powered by gas or electricity. They nmay well have been cut off but it doesn't seem to ring true. Please can someone explain.

Stop that right now...….logic has no part on this thread.

You need some OWTB retraining on the following ground rules:

1) Everything that goes wrong in the world, including Brexit, is AL's fault.

2) There is no Rule 2.

Come back when you have a firm grasp of the above, you scamp.

10 minutes ago, milnrow latics said:

Not seen anywhere say that the electricity was cut off?

Ok, what to believe? Scholes' parting statement? Abdallah's response?

Without saying it in so many words, PS has reiterated what many have long held as gospel; that AL/ML continued to interfere in team/player affairs. It's pretty nailed on that he did it to Bunn and Wild. If that's the case, it's no surprise that Scholes walked.

If Abdallah's response is true, then Scholes has been a very naughty boy. Somehow, I don't think it is true though. If AL had this history of meddling, why or how did he suddenly become the leopard that changed its spots?

Keegan's article in the <cough> Mail and this latest one from the BBC both suggest that AL was still up to his old tricks. Factor in the non payment of various bills (as in Keegan's piece), but AL would be letting PS build his own squad (on shirt buttons, perhaps?) just doesn't add up up for me.

Presumably, Mick Priest will be in charge tomorrow and, if the likes of Branger, Sylla, Vera are in the starting XI, I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that AL is dabbling in team affairs again. Although I do wonder who plays in place of Baxter.

Also, if AL's statement is what he believes to be true, he'd better make bloody sure those parameters he says were offered to Scholes, apply to which ever mug is daft enough to take it on.

If we end up with Evans, Hill, Coyle or someone of that ilk, I believe that they would walk as well if they don't get proper control. Basically, it boils down to whether or not AL will ever learn.

It makes you wonder what the player's morale is like at the moment. I'm sure it is demoralising for them to see a high profile figure up sticks and bugger off so quickly. Peter Clarke's interview is a very good rallying call, so the best thing they can do is get out there and give Tranmere a tough game, pick up 3 points and improve the atmosphere and everyone's mood.

5 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Have to disagree with this....Scholes was allowed to manage.....he was just crap at it. He put in the starting line-up players that AL wanted to get rid of and dropped others that AL wanted to play. I reckon AL looked at the product Scholes put out and thought it's gone downhill from what PW put out. Also, a return of 6 points from 21 is sh*te.

Unbelievably you’re actually siding with our muppet of an owner after all that’s happened at the club.

We need to get him out as quick as possible!

Archived