Scholes gone

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Bollox. Alan Howarth is a liar.... ask Mikejh45.

Dear god, even your moronic insults are below conference level......if you are going to have a go, you really need to work on this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After listening to the pod by Richie Wellens...he says that Al asked him if he could come into the dressing room ....so he asked permission, to which he was granted.This happened twice, which gave him a taste that he liked.From then on, he just came in.Seems as if he had been told in the first instance...No,its not the way the dressing room works, or  professional, he may not have got into the habit in the first place....just saying   

3 minutes ago, hinchy said:

To be fair I did see Abdallah In Lidl on Broadway Monday night 11/03, not to say he hasn't been in and out the country, but he's definitely been here recently.

Was he stacking shelves to earn extra money to help pay (or not) the bills?

4 minutes ago, hinchy said:

To be fair I did see Abdallah In Lidl on Broadway Monday night 11/03, not to say he hasn't been in and out the country, but he's definitely been here recently.

According to LookersStandAndy's logic......I'm supposed to call you a liar.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

So what if hes in Dubai doesn't mean he's not a liar or interfering.

Bluddy hell......I;ve never said he's not a liar and he doesn't interfere. 

I've never commented on the money side because I simply don't know.

I live 150 miles away so I have know idea what's going on at the club but there are certain posters who do know and I trust their judgement.

This is all blowing up because I've posted about Scholes being the architect of his own downfall and applied what I think are cogent arguments as to why.

If you think I'm wrong then argue where my logic falters...….I have no problem with that.....you may even get me agreeing.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Bluddy hell......I;ve never said he's not a liar and he doesn't interfere. 

I've never commented on the money side because I simply don't know.

I live 150 miles away so I have know idea what's going on at the club but there are certain posters who do know and I trust their judgement.

This is all blowing up because I've posted about Scholes being the architect of his own downfall and applied what I think are cogent arguments as to why.

If you think I'm wrong then argue where my logic falters...….I have no problem with that.....you may even get me agreeing.

I think the problem rests 100% at the owners door of what has gone on at our football club. You don't have to live in Oldham right now to work it out the evidence is everywhere 

Ive said above I can't judge Paul Scholes based on 7 games He could have been great he could have been awful his start wasn't the greatest but it could have recovered given time if he had the summer he could have turned it round we don't know. 

What we do know is that he is not the first employee to leave the football club in the last 18 months who has been critical of the owner. However he is certainly the most high profile. It went well beyond a coincidence sometime ago.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Have to disagree with this....Scholes was allowed to manage.....he was just crap at it. He put in the starting line-up players that AL wanted to get rid of and dropped others that AL wanted to play. I reckon AL looked at the product Scholes put out and thought it's gone downhill from what PW put out. Also, a return of 6 points from 21 is sh*te.

Thats one aspect of management, there are many parts to it

There is a part of me thinking that Scholes might have thought

”Why do I need to be stood on a cold touch line at Lincoln on a Tuesday night when I can be sat in a BT studio, being paid double to watch and comment on the Champions League”

Perhaps even without interference from the owner, Scholes just not really enjoyed it so far. And maybe he’s decided to throw in the towel at the first chance the owner has given him.

43 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

There is a part of me thinking that Scholes might have thought

”Why do I need to be stood on a cold touch line at Lincoln on a Tuesday night when I can be sat in a BT studio, being paid double to watch and comment on the Champions League”

Perhaps even without interference from the owner, Scholes just not really enjoyed it so far. And maybe he’s decided to throw in the towel at the first chance the owner has given him.

If that was the case, why would he leave himself open to libel by releasing the statement he did? 

9 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

If that was the case, why would he leave himself open to libel by releasing the statement he did? 

I’m not saying he’s lying, but it’s hard to see him only lasting 30 days if he was thoroughly enjoying the job. Surely he could have tried to tough it out a bit longer? I’m just more inclined to be believe that it wasn’t necessarily untenable for him to stay, but probably more that Al’s interfered a few times and Scholes not being over enchanted managing us has decided the job isn’t for him.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Gas has been cut off for a month or so. They use a heat generator on match days, which enables the game to go ahead. Midweek, the players have had to shower either at Glo Gym or at home...

If true, we need no more evidence than this really - how can any "fit and proper" owner allow there to be no gas at a "professional" football club for a month or so?! Utter disgrace.

3 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Have the bills not been paid because there’s no money, or by being disorganised?

Gas bill was paid in full (very late though) and as soon as it was the provider pulled the plug and turned the gas off as they didn’t want us as customers anymore. (Understandably) 

New provider was found and gas back on, for now. 

12 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Gas bill was paid in full (very late though) and as soon as it was the provider pulled the plug and turned the gas off as they didn’t want us as customers anymore. (Understandably) 

I would have thought the gas would go before an extremely late payment.

Why would a company pull the plug after a payment?

15 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Buuuuut there ain't a boiler at Chapel Rd.!!!

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I would have thought the gas would go before an extremely late payment.

Why would a company pull the plug after a payment?

Because they wanted to make sure they’d pay before pulling plug as they’d been messed around so much. 

Just now, super_blue said:

Because they wanted to make sure they’d pay before pulling plug as they’d been messed around so much. 

But what about the gas they supplied whilst waiting for the bill to be paid...they now await payment for that?

Archived