Scholes gone

Scholes has to shoulder some blame, if we’d have won all the games would he be walking. I doubt it, but that doesn’t take any off AL shoulders. He can’t help himself and if there has been no gas and missing coaches = any budget in the summer promised to Scholes was obviously bollocks. He lies and interferes, prob to worse traits for a owner of any business

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst we're guessing what happened here's mine.

Scholes obviously knew what sort of situation he was getting into ( he's not thick ) but was assured by Abdallah that monies were available for everyday running costs and a new pitch. With the gas meter being taken out and kit washed in a laundrette it became apparent that no such monies were available and he walked.

Pretty simple really, your boss tells you lies and you lose faith and respect and can no longer work for/with him.   

I've not posted on many of the "rumours" surrounding the club as I try to give everyone a fair crack  of the whip despite hearing stories from club employees that frankly were very hard to believe. However anyone who tries to put any blame Scholes for the current situation has a pretty closed mind in my opinion.  

I’m not privy to the inside day to day but looking at this based on what we’ve heard for months, what we’ve heard this week etc.

However, if I’d been employed in a role and promised -

- a new pitch

- free reign on recruitment/selection

- promise of money to strengthen in the summer

But experienced the following within days/weeks

- players sacked without me knowing (Fane)

- interference from above on recruitment/selection within weeks of the role

- gas bills unpaid, players forced to wash their own kit, no team bus for an away game i.e. clearly no evidence of cash for day to day, let alone squad strengthening

I’d have resigned even without the courtesy of a text and leave it to my solicitors to sue for constructive dismissal.  Granted Scholes didn’t need this job and was doing this as a fan but everyone has a credibility to uphold - being at the helm of this toxic mess should be a concern for any manager.  Only manager we will now get is someone employed here already and bullied into it or someone so desperate to take it.

Lemsagam, in his statement, said he have Scholes full support and autonomy plus asked to resolve Scholes’ concerns when Scholes resigned.  Would you honestly trust this bloke or give him the oxygen to try and bullshit his way out?

Only way Lemsagam can get out of this now is the following -

- indisputable evidence that he has the funds to not only fund the day to day bills that aren’t being paid but finances to fund a new pitch and strengthen the playing side this summer and beyond

- contractually commit to not intereferencing in recruitment and selection unless playing performance and points over X period necessitate the requirement to step in

- commit to and uphold regular meetings with the Trust

He won’t commit to any of these because it’s clear he doesn’t have the money, there’s no evidence whatsoever that he’s cleared debts, paid £4m for the club or can fund day to day cost without reliance upon ST money or income from matchday.

Surely questions need to be asked of the EFL now as to how did this bloke pass the fit and proper test.  They allowed this and should be culpable.  Surely there’s legalities around this?

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I’m not privy to the inside day to day but looking at this based on what we’ve heard for months, what we’ve heard this week etc.

- a new pitch

- gas bills unpaid, players forced to wash their own kit, no team bus for an away game i.e. clearly no evidence of cash for day to day, let alone squad strengthening

I’d have resigned even without the courtesy of a text and leave it to my solicitors to sue for constructive dismissal.  Granted Scholes didn’t need this job and was doing this as a fan but everyone has a credibility to uphold - being at the helm of this toxic mess should be a concern for any manager.  Only manager we will now get is someone employed here already and bullied into it or someone so desperate to take it.

Lemsagam, in his statement, said he have Scholes full support and autonomy plus asked to resolve Scholes’ concerns when Scholes resigned.  Would you honestly trust this bloke or give him the oxygen to try and bullshit his way out?

- indisputable evidence that he has the funds to not only fund the day to day bills that aren’t being paid but finances to fund a new pitch and strengthen the playing side this summer and beyond

- contractually commit to not intereferencing in recruitment and selection unless playing performance and points over X period necessitate the requirement to step in

He won’t commit to any of these because it’s clear he doesn’t have the money, there’s no evidence whatsoever that he’s cleared debts, paid £4m for the club or can fund day to day cost without reliance upon ST money or income from matchday.

Surely questions need to be asked of the EFL now as to how did this bloke pass the fit and proper test.  They allowed this and should be culpable.  Surely there’s legalities around this?

Nail on head - great post.

18 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

- a new pitch

Massive upboat

28 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Can the EFL review their decision?

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Can somebody post where Scholes was promised a new pitch as mentioned by 2 previous posters?

Love him or hate him, it was in Keegan’s article on Scholes 31-day tenure. 

Scholes says he will continue to support his hometown club but I’m pretty certain you won’t see him at BP while AL is still here.

He surely now needs to highlight the problems he encountered and strike while the irons hot.

As a lifelong fan I think he owes it to his fellow supporters to expose AL, come clean,  and help get this parasite out of our club.

Perhaps the trust could try and set up a meeting with Scholes to hear it from the ‘horses mouth’ so to speak?

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Scholes says he will continue to support his hometown club but I’m pretty certain you won’t see him at BP while AL is still here.

He surely now needs to highlight the problems he encountered and strike while the irons hot.

As a lifelong fan I think he owes it to his fellow supporters to expose AL, come clean,  and help get this parasite out of our club.

Perhaps the trust could try and set up a meeting with Scholes to hear it from the ‘horses mouth’ so to speak?

Couldn't agree more

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Whilst we're guessing what happened here's mine.

Scholes obviously knew what sort of situation he was getting into ( he's not thick ) but was assured by Abdallah that monies were available for everyday running costs and a new pitch. With the gas meter being taken out and kit washed in a laundrette it became apparent that no such monies were available and he walked.

Pretty simple really, your boss tells you lies and you lose faith and respect and can no longer work for/with him.   

I've not posted on many of the "rumours" surrounding the club as I try to give everyone a fair crack  of the whip despite hearing stories from club employees that frankly were very hard to believe. However anyone who tries to put any blame Scholes for the current situation has a pretty closed mind in my opinion.  

But its the old mushroom analogy for us fans. Keep em in the dark and throw shit on em.

That's why its so important for Scholes to come out and say whats been going on, as far as I'm aware voicing concerns publicly is only libellous if its not true.

Come on down Paul and spill.

Maybe just maybe Paul scholes new he was not manager material and has left to go to man United in coaching role or back to pundit. We all new a huge job at oldham forgetting the owner interference he may just have left as easy option before it got worse . To be honest pete wild showed alot more passion on touch lines and in interviews.

9 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Maybe just maybe Paul scholes new he was not manager material and has left to go to man United in coaching role or back to pundit. We all new a huge job at oldham forgetting the owner interference he may just have left as easy option before it got worse . To be honest pete wild showed alot more passion on touch lines and in interviews.

Nothing knew there then ...

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

However anyone who tries to put any blame Scholes for the current situation has a pretty closed mind in my opinion.  

I can almost agree with this point, Bob. But Scholes would have known who he was dealing with so he, alone, must take the ultimate responsibility of accepting the job and his performance (or lack of) as a manager for the 7 matches he was in charge of.

This thread is madness.

It doesn’t really matter whether Paul Scholes was or will be a good manager. 

It doesn’t even matter whether he got cold feet because he couldn’t be bothered or thought he wasn’t up to it. It’s irrelevant. 

What matters is bailiffs, team interference,  no coaches, no gas, deals offered to unwanted players...

There is a terminal rot at the heart of our club and none of it has anything to do with a man who was manager for a month.

11 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

This thread is madness.

It doesn’t even matter whether he got cold feet because he couldn’t be bothered or thought he wasn’t up to it. It’s irrelevant. 

What matters is bailiffs, team interference,  no coaches, no gas, deals offered to unwanted players...

There is a terminal rot at the heart of our club and none of it has anything to do with a man who was manager for a month.

Yeah but once we get a manager who can work under those circumstances everything will be fine.

4 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Didn’t realise the lad we sent to Ashton Utd on loan was sent back after two games. Fucking bonkers.

I’ve spent mine and the other halves’ ST money on rugby tickets. Fuck ‘em.

Things are bad , but rugby ? Fucksakes I’d have had more respect had you bought two season tickets at Gigg Lane

1 hour ago, Luis Enrique said:

This thread is madness.

Agreed, in the grand scheme of things, the Scholes thing is just a side show. Although I actually think it's quite  a helpful side show in that the media exposure it has created has  made a wider audience  realise how bad the situation at the club really is.

We are heading towards a repeat of 2003 at the end of the season with AL at the helm. Hopefully the club will be saved again.

Archived