Scholes gone

9 hours ago, Latics and England said:

The Mirror are reporting that Abdallah offered contract extensions to 12 of the 20 who are out of contract in the summer without Scholes' knowledge.

If true, I can definitely see that being the catalyst for the resignation. It also has to be a massive ongoing concern because this squad is nowhere near good enough.

Lets play guess the 12, I’ll start with;

- Zeus

- Gevaro

- Maouche

- Vera

- Missile

- Branger

- Sylla

- Sefil

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

- Zeus

- Gevaro

- Maouche

- Vera

- Missile

- Branger

- Sylla

- Sefil

Sylla has somehow been given and 18 month in January so it won't be him.

But you are right his boys will have been the ones offered contracts Don't forget to add Benteke to that list.

8 hours ago, Twisbrogan said:

If, in order to persuade him to take the job, the chairman has told the manager that he will be in control of the playing staff then determines the season's retained list himself, then it shows that he can't be trusted to keep in his word.

True, which is why I said call him out on interfering. In no way ever is it going to raise suspicion or start an investigation from The FA or the EFL

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Without the managers knowledge? Yes it is suspicious Wake up!

How is it suspicious? Please, do tell. It's ridiculous that he's done it, if true, but I want you to tell us why it's 'suspicious' and worthy of an investigation 

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

True, which is why I said call him out on interfering. In no way ever is it going to raise suspicion or start an investigation from The FA or the EFL

How is it suspicious? Please, do tell. It's ridiculous that he's done it, if true, but I want you to tell us why it's 'suspicious' and worthy of an investigation 

I know the point your trying to make but your coming over as an apologist again in much the same way you did with Corney, you really can't see the wood for the trees can you.

It's clearly suspicious, wrong, underhand, plain stupid. All of the above. 

Why carry out contract negotiations behind the managers back? Also which number out of this General shower of sub standard players deserve another contract? 

You consult with the manager and discuss Because decisions like that have a major effect on the club in months years to come, so yes it is suspicious something so crucial should be done without the manager knowing. It's bizarre and smacks a little of jobs for the boys. 

On a lighter note, I went to see the Oldham Tinkers in Shaw last night. John Howarth said he had been planning to work "Paul Scholes" into the 'John Willie's Horse' song, only to find out he had gone! 

So the song remained as originally written by the late Larry Kearns, my old schoolmate:

Once Jimmy Frizzell sent fer ‘im when flu had taken its toll.
He turned out fer Latics an’ he scored the winning goal.
The crowd went mad and cheered and sang an’ shouted themselves ‘oarse
And the players they all gathered round to kiss John Willie’s ‘orse.
Kiss John Willie’s ‘orse.

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I know the point your trying to make but your coming over as an apologist again in much the same way you did with Corney, you really can't see the wood for the trees can you.

I've clearly said he should be called out on interfering. Or are you ignoring that when I'm saying he's out of order? 

15 minutes ago, True Tic said:

It's clearly suspicious, wrong, underhand, plain stupid. All of the above. 

Why carry out contract negotiations behind the managers back? Also which number out of this General shower of sub standard players deserve another contract? 

You consult with the manager and discuss Because decisions like that have a major effect on the club in months years to come, so yes it is suspicious something so crucial should be done without the manager knowing. It's bizarre and smacks a little of jobs for the boys. 

Yes you should consult the manager. The manager should have final say on contracts. He shouldn't be offering them behind his back.

My point is there's nothing for The FA or The EFL to investigate about that. He pays the wages he can do what he wants. Unfortunately.

Waiting for @GlossopLatic to explain what rule he's broken though?

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I've clearly said he should be called out on interfering. Or are you ignoring that when I'm saying he's out of order? 

Yes you should consult the manager. The manager should have final say on contracts. He shouldn't be offering them behind his back.

My point is there's nothing for The FA or The EFL to investigate about that. He pays the wages he can do what he wants. Unfortunately.

Waiting for @GlossopLatic to explain what rule he's broken though?

Yardog and True tic have answered for me.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yardog and True tic have answered for me.

Nothing illegal. What time has he broken? He pays the wages. Same with any business.

I've already said the trust should look at buying him put because I want rid.

Just silly comments like giving a player a contract is illegal in some way aren't useful. Especially when you can't back it up.

Just for @yarddog73 benefit. I'm not an apologist I want him gone

1 hour ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

On a lighter note, I went to see the Oldham Tinkers in Shaw last night. John Howarth said he had been planning to work "Paul Scholes" into the 'John Willie's Horse' song, only to find out he had gone! 

So the song remained as originally written by the late Larry Kearns, my old schoolmate:

Once Jimmy Frizzell sent fer ‘im when flu had taken its toll.
He turned out fer Latics an’ he scored the winning goal.
The crowd went mad and cheered and sang an’ shouted themselves ‘oarse
And the players they all gathered round to kiss John Willie’s ‘orse.
Kiss John Willie’s ‘orse.

Love the Tinkers!!!

Just back off the Sunday morning bike ride, had that Wolves song from last night in my head and came up with my own lyrics...

Abdallah had a dream

To own a football team

But his Monopoly money wouldn’t work at the bank

So let’s give him the sack

And take our club back

You shit Arab bastard - get out of our club

Kept me entertained on my travels!

11 hours ago, Twisbrogan said:

If, in order to persuade him to take the job, the chairman has told the manager that he will be in control of the playing staff then determines the season's retained list himself, then it shows that he can't be trusted to keep in his word.

Exactly.

And, depending on how many of those offered contracts are the sub-standard players whom the Chuckle Brothers bought to the club in the first place, not only suspicious but deeply worrying.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

- Zeus

- Gevaro

- Maouche

- Vera

- Missile

- Branger

- Sylla

- Sefil

If he gives another contract to Vera that's the last you'll see of me at BP until this owner has gone.

18 minutes ago, DerbyshireLatic said:

Just back off the Sunday morning bike ride, had that Wolves song from last night in my head and came up with my own lyrics...

Abdallah had a dream

To own a football team

But his Monopoly money wouldn’t work at the bank

So let’s give him the sack

And take our club back

You shit Arab bastard - get out of our club

Kept me entertained on my travels!

I know what you are trying to say but his race is irrelevant . 

Whilst maybe not illegal or against any rules now he is an owner of the club...it’s suspicious in the sense of are we just a front for another player operation or is Lemsagam 100% serious about rebuilding this club...where are his priorities...

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

- Zeus

- Gevaro

- Maouche

- Vera

- Missile

- Branger

- Sylla

- Sefil

Yes, that's weird I thought the same! 

Sarcasm aside if it's true about contracts then that's very worrying bearing in mind we have already been relegated once under him. 

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nothing illegal. What time has he broken? He pays the wages. Same with any business.

I've already said the trust should look at buying him put because I want rid.

Just silly comments like giving a player a contract is illegal in some way aren't useful. Especially when you can't back it up.

Just for @yarddog73 benefit. I'm not an apologist I want him gone

You need to stop appearing to defend him then.

He has a moral obligation in my view to run the club properly and I feel he's overstepping the mark in much the same way Corney did and bullshitted his way through his tenure, neither are fit or proper in any respect and now is the time to stand against what anyone with a right mind can see is wrong.

50 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Whilst maybe not illegal or against any rules now he is an owner of the club...it’s suspicious in the sense of are we just a front for another player operation or is Lemsagam 100% serious about rebuilding this club...where are his priorities...

It’s a really shit operation if so. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

If he gives another contract to Vera that's the last you'll see of me at BP until this owner has gone.

The press coverage of Scholes’ departure reports Lemsagam has been telling (via email) Scholes to play Vera. Why would he therefore not give him a contract extention. Mr. Lemsagam is a lunatic. A dreamer. A Walter Mitty character. Unless he decides - because we are relentlessly on his back - it’s too much hassle and fooks off back to the Middle East or North Africa.... this is the sort of sh1t he will pull.

Having thoroughly thought it through - it’s the last thing on my mind at night and the first thing that comes to mind in the morning - the ramifications of every eventuality, I’m convinced a quick and early Administration is the best outcome. The longer this fool remains in charge, the deeper the problems become.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Judging by comments on here. By the next home game this will all be forgotten about.  R.I.P OAFC

You don't appear to have answered my question about what you are actually doing to make a difference. Just wondering. 

43 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes, that's weird I thought the same! 

Sarcasm aside if it's true about contracts then that's very worrying bearing in mind we have already been relegated once under him. 

Nothing should surprise us anymore.... this man is hopelessly out of his depth, has ulterior motives at play, or more likely both.

If it's true that Scholes resigned by text and refused to take any phone calls from AL, then Scholes would've gone down in my estimation. He slammed Mourinho for his tactics and style of play at United live on TV. So why wouldn't he stand up to AL, who has nothing like the stature of Mourinho, or at the very least have a face-to-face to meeting with AL, then resign if he doesn't get the assurances he wants.

I find it very suspicious, especially when Solksjaer, the next day, says he would welcome Scholes at United. It may be an innocent remark from Solksjaer, but I still think that Scholes would've had the ballcocks to stand up to AL. As a supporter, I'm resigned to being kept in the dark, a situation not unique to Latics.

Whatever the situation between the two protagonists is irrelevant it remains we now need a new manager. For what it's worth I'll be renewing my ST (starts feverishly digging a WW1 type trench) as I support Oldham Athletic, not AL or Scholes.

9 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

If it's true that Scholes resigned by text and refused to take any phone calls from AL, then Scholes would've gone down in my estimation. He slammed Mourinho for his tactics and style of play at United live on TV. So why wouldn't he stand up to AL, who has nothing like the stature of Mourinho, or at the very least have a face-to-face to meeting with AL, then resign if he doesn't get the assurances he wants.

I find it very suspicious, especially when Solksjaer, the next day, says he would welcome Scholes at United. It may be an innocent remark from Solksjaer, but I still think that Scholes would've had the ballcocks to stand up to AL. As a supporter, I'm resigned to being kept in the dark, a situation not unique to Latics.

Whatever the situation between the two protagonists is irrelevant it remains we now need a new manager. For what it's worth I'll be renewing my ST (starts feverishly digging a WW1 type trench) as I support Oldham Athletic, not AL or Scholes.

As your entitled to do but plenty of others support OAFC just as much and feel now is the time to make a stand, despite the apathy around the place my take on it is that there is a strong feeling that enough is enough. 

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Archived