Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Two words kills this argument dead 

Macclesfield Town

As bad as I've seen us in 30 odd years.

Let's not forget once Surridge and Lyden fucked off Wilds record read played 5 won 1 drew 1 and lost 3, it really shouldn't come as a shock that Scholes couldn't get any more out of the same group of players, it was obvious to anyone who watches us regular that the decision not to replace those two key players ended our season and we were never going to do anything with the donkies our esteemed Sporting Director (:laught16:) saw fit as replacements.

Trouble is I can't ever see us parting company with the above mentioned deadwood because the chairman rates them and is clearly mates with some of them. This squad will take us down again next season 

On 3/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, League one forever said:

Anyone think he’s using abdallah, because he just couldn’t be arsed with the everyday hassle of managing a skint lower league club. It would give him the perfect out. . 

No! He’s had the substance to leave because assurances haven’t been followed through. The owner and his brother have managed to force out the most high profile manager we’ve probably ever had. I’m glad he’s made a stand and left. I doubt that this has come about overnight. There will probably have been discussions where Scholes will have voiced his concerns about interference and things not being what they agreed at the beginning, and instead of them winding their necks in and letting him get on with it, they’ve allowed it to get to the point where he’s said enough is enough. The club has become a joke, and what self-respecting manager will come to the club knowing the situation?

35 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

No! He’s had the substance to leave because assurances haven’t been followed through. The owner and his brother have managed to force out the most high profile manager we’ve probably ever had. I’m glad he’s made a stand and left. I doubt that this has come about overnight. There will probably have been discussions where Scholes will have voiced his concerns about interference and things not being what they agreed at the beginning, and instead of them winding their necks in and letting him get on with it, they’ve allowed it to get to the point where he’s said enough is enough. The club has become a joke, and what self-respecting manager will come to the club knowing the situation?

Er. . Scholes??? 

Your telling me he didn’t know the situation given how small the profressional football world is? If you think he didn’t, your very naive. 

How about you offer some balance about Scholes? 

Why is it a outwardly shy man with millions in the bank decided after four weeks he didn’t fancy it? Why were so many fans baffled why he took the job? Is scholes so stupid/naive that he thought ‘ I tell you what my name alone will make him spend money he hasn’t got’ 

There is two different arguments here. 

1. Is AL right for us? No. 

2. Has Scholes got off scott free under the cloud of AL? Yes. 

I won't hold my breath for a Scholes return. AL said in the Sky interview that he hoped to get him back, actually. It was far-fetched then and it's far-fetched now.

How much credibility does anyone think Scholes would have in the dressing room?

53 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I thought it was the ale, but I’m not the only one who saw it 

I thought he was speaking in the past tense. 

He he said he was trying to get him back, just after he packed in, but he wouldn’t answer his phone or reply to messages.

37 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He he said he was trying to get him back, just after he packed in, but he wouldn’t answer his phone or reply to messages.

That’s how I understood it on sky sports yesterday, I think you could have interpreted it that he was trying to get him back, which is probably where this story has come from.

37 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That’s how I understood it on sky sports yesterday, I think you could have interpreted it that he was trying to get him back, which is probably where this story has come from.

Archived