Scholes gone

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

In his only interview to date, Vera said he had a mate up the road.... I assumed he meant Ander Herrera because of the Bilbao link, but maybe he meant Mata through his dad’s agency / Mr. McMurdo’s. Either way, the whole thing is murky as fk.

Read the whole comment of yours  a couple of times. In the first instance you said Vera had a mate up the road....nothing more. Then you went on to accusations based on nothing more than your assumptions and clearly saying something is "murky"?

On the actual evidence of what have you got to get a "murky" timeline?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mikejh45 said:

Read the whole comment of yours  a couple of times. In the first instance you said Vera had a mate up the road....nothing more. Then you went on to accusations based on nothing more than your assumptions and clearly saying something is "murky"?

On the actual evidence of what have you got to get a "murky" timeline?

Oh hello, here he is.... I’m referring to football agents and agencies as Murky..... not necessarily Urko Vera’s transfer, which might or might not be murky.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Oh hello, here he is.... I’m referring to football agents and agencies as Murky..... not necessarily Urko Vera’s transfer, which might or might not be murky.

You did a bit more than that. There are inferences in your post that are very clear.  

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

....and here’s his mate. I’m clear on what I mean. The whole rotten system is murky as fk. Back handers & dodgy deals everywhere.

His mate? Oh shut up. (You can interpret that as legal advice if you wish)

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

You typed the b*stard post...if you can't deliver clarity, then don't post.

Oh....and don't have a go at me because I pull you up.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

....and here’s his mate. I’m clear on what I mean. The whole rotten system is murky as fk. Back handers & dodgy deals everywhere.

If you are clear in your perspective then say so...….if your point stands up to legal scrutiny then you have no problems.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

You typed the b*stard post...if you can't deliver clarity, then don't post.

Oh....and don't have a go at me because I pull you up.

If you are clear in your perspective then say so...….if your point stands up to legal scrutiny then you have no problems.

.....but if I - and others like me - didn’t post, this place would descend into an apologists wet dream.

I’m very clear Mike. I spent half an hour linking agents to agencies - all of it publicably available. I’ve posed a question, not made an assertion, about whether there is any link to our owner or his brother’s agency....? If you care enough, you should wonder too.

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....but if I - and others like me - didn’t post, this place would descend into an apologists wet dream.

I’m very clear Mike. I spent half an hour linking agents to agencies - all of it publicably available. I’ve posed a question, not made an assertion, about whether there is any link to our owner or his brother’s agency....? If you care enough, you should wonder too.

Your post is sh*t......it's based on nothing more than wild guesses in a vague attempt to suit your argument.

So explain to me, based on concrete facts, what you know. Anything that backs up what you consider "clear" because so far nothing ties up?

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What a hero you are... 

Your post is nothing. It’s total conjecture based on zero.  (Yes we did land on the moon!)

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Your post is sh*t......it's based on nothing more than wild guesses in a vague attempt to suit your argument.

So explain to me, based on concrete facts, what you know. Anything that backs up what you consider "clear" because so far nothing ties up?

:lol:

Yep, transfermarkt.com, companies house, sportscareersagency.com and the websites of sport2jlt.com & jm10sport.com are all made up. In fact, I made them up....

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Apologists wet dream. . ? 

I haven’t read anyone say he’s doing a good job. He’s quite clearly not.  I have read people say let’s not blame everything on AL.  There is a marked difference. 

You seem to imply he doesn’t care because he doesn’t want to dig into AL affairs like you? Very strange viewpoint. So what do I need to do pass your care test? Start my own PI service? Stalk him? 

Maybe people can acknowledge things in their own way, and make their own judgements, without being accused of not caring.

We all want a successful club. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What a hero you are... 

Your post is nothing. It’s total conjecture based on zero.  (Yes we did land on the moon!)

Thanks.

Nothing. Zero. :lol:

Go on then, Judge Kowenicki, what sources of info are permissible to your learned self.....?

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You seem to imply he doesn’t care because he doesn’t want to dig into AL affairs like you? Very strange viewpoint. So what do I need to do pass your care test? Start my own PI service? Stalk him? 

I’ll leave the digging into his affairs to the journos..... all I did was follow a trail of publicly available info on Urko Vera’s agent and then share it on here, nothing unreasonable in that.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’ll leave the digging into his affairs to the journos..... all I did was follow a trail of publicly available info on Urko Vera’s agent and then share it on here, nothing unreasonable in that.

Not unreasonable and yes valid sources. 

Means absolutely bugger all. Nowt. 

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Yep, transfermarkt.com, companies house, sportscareersagency.com and the websites of sport2jlt.com & jm10sport.com are all made up. In fact, I made them up....

Back to your post and where I came in...

Part 1) In his only interview to date, Vera said he had a mate up the road (Innocent enough...no problem so far)

Part 2).... I assumed he meant Ander Herrera because of the Bilbao link, (Leap in the dark.....a guess and nothing more)

Part 3) but maybe he meant Mata through his dad’s agency / Mr. McMurdo’s. (Another unexplained guess)

Part 4) Either way, the whole thing is murky as fk. (stan dandy's summation based on Jack Sh^t)  

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not unreasonable and yes valid sources. 

Means absolutely bugger all. Nowt. 

I’ll tell you what does mean something.... the fact he’s absolutely toss at football and can’t catch our starting 11 while we’re marooned in mid table in the 4th division.

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Back to your post and where I came in...

Part 1) In his only interview to date, Vera said he had a mate up the road (Innocent enough...no problem so far)

Part 2).... I assumed he meant Ander Herrera because of the Bilbao link, (Leap in the dark.....a guess and nothing more)

Part 3) but maybe he meant Mata through his dad’s agency / Mr. McMurdo’s. (Another unexplained guess)

Part 4) Either way, the whole thing is murky as fk. (stan dandy's summation based on Jack Sh^t)  

1. Agree, didn’t say there was.

2. I use the word ‘assumed’.... but it’s unlikey to be Luke Shaw is it?

3. I use the word ‘maybe’.... but the guess is explained by the sources I’ve previously shared.

4. I’ve explained I meant the world of Agents & Agencies.

....but don’t let any of that get in the way of your attempts to shut down debate into the unknown motives of our footballs club’s owner.

10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Edmundson named in League 2 Team of the Season.

😉

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Still not rated by some on here :petesake:

Fully deserved and has really benefitted from playing alongside Peter Clarke this season, strong finish to the season should see him get the move he deserves.

It's all about opinions, of course, but yes count me amongst those who don't rate him very highly. He's okay at this level - but just okay for me - heard some compare him to Tarky - like comparing diamond with cut glass for me.

It will be interesting to see what transpires in the future. He obviously has my backing as a Latics player when he's on the pitch but I just don't get it. Oh, and when he's not playing alongside Clarkey - he looks very shaky. Clarkey's not going to be around forever - will George mature into a player in his own right or will he always need an experienced head beside him? (in which case he'll certainly never do anything).

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Agree, didn’t say there was.

2. I use the word ‘assumed’.... but it’s unlikey to be Luke Shaw is it?

3. I use the word ‘maybe’.... but the guess is explained by the sources I’ve previously shared.

4. I’ve explained I meant the world of Agents & Agencies.

....but don’t let any of that get in the way of your attempts to shut down debate into the unknown motives of our footballs club’s owner.

Ifs, buts and maybes.....sums you up. 

"Shut down debate".....really!!! You are embarrassing yourself with that comment when all I've done is ask you to explain yourself. 

50 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

WTF has that got to do with the odd accusations you made about the Vera transfer?

You throw a tweet out as proof positive of something dodgy and that tweet proves nothing except an opinion.

You never, ever take a balanced viewpoint that maybe there is a legitimate reason for decisions made.

I know nothing about the Lemsagems and their dealings but in this instance, it comes just after a difficult first year in charge of the club and sorting out the Corney financial minefield.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

WTF has that got to do with the odd accusations you made about the Vera transfer?

You throw a tweet out as proof positive of something dodgy and that tweet proves nothing except an opinion.

You never, ever take a balanced viewpoint that maybe there is a legitimate reason for decisions made.

I know nothing about the Lemsagems and their dealings but in this instance, it comes just after a difficult first year in charge of the club and sorting out the Corney financial minefield.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/126946/oldham-athletic-could-leave-boundary-park-claims-owner

Archived