Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

You really a little ray of sunshine, aren't you.

You couldn't offer any further response to that tweet so you throw in another bit of news gossip as proof. So far you have nothing definitive.

6 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You couldn't offer any further response to that tweet so you throw in another bit of news gossip as proof. So far you have nothing definitive.

He is probably a member of the Doom Brigade.

Sad that social media mostly brings out those who like to dwell on misfortune and the hardship of others.
Soul suckers.

14 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Nobody has anything definitive have they? 

That's the problem. 

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

WTF has that got to do with the odd accusations you made about the Vera transfer?

You throw a tweet out as proof positive of something dodgy and that tweet proves nothing except an opinion.

You never, ever take a balanced viewpoint that maybe there is a legitimate reason for decisions made.

I know nothing about the Lemsagems and their dealings but in this instance, it comes just after a difficult first year in charge of the club and sorting out the Corney financial minefield.

I'm really shocked by your post.

He's been around a few months short of 2 years, and a huge amount of time before it was approved, far longer than any normal business gets to see a purchase.

He had months actually in the club too, with no responsibility for it, again far more than any normal purchaser.

The fact anything, bill or which parts he bought is a surprise to him is truly shocking. Im not convinced much is a surprise.

The connections with agents is worthy of investigation, his background is murky and it is very difficult to find anything concrete on him. If we can find he has funds, or access to funds then that is reassuring.

2 years on, his motives for buying the club are still not clear. There have been an unprecedented number of issues and promises unfulfilled.

Transfermarkt lists over 4,500 agencies, and almost 10,000 agents in 134 countries yet nothing of any note on any of the Lemsagem bros despite them supposedly involved in some big deals.

His premises in Dubai is rented (maybe it's not too uncommon, we should find out).
Nothing is straightforward with him though.

It may transpire to be teething problems, but I don't think we should sleepwalk into even more danger than we are already in. We carry on our form into next season (with 40% less revenue from season ticket holders) and we will be relegated into the Conference.

PS IIRC correctly AL signed over his agency to his brother, so he still may hold significant influence over someone we know nothing about and who may have to contact his AL for every decision and move.

I don't think many on here would generally call me a doom merchant, and I regularly defended Corney from certain accusations but even he reneged on his promise in the end. I think we should be very sceptical of trusting anyone blindly, and proceed cautiously and questioning.

36 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Exactly.... but the bury their heads in sand brigade say it’s all ok, so it’s all ok.

There is no EXACTLY but there is an IF in Dave's post.

You really need to stop reading these posts as concrete evidence.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm really shocked by your post.

He's been around a few months short of 2 years, and a huge amount of time before it was approved, far longer than any normal business gets to see a purchase.

He had months actually in the club too, with no responsibility for it, again far more than any normal purchaser.

The fact anything, bill or which parts he bought is a surprise to him is truly shocking. Im not convinced much is a surprise.

The connections with agents is worthy of investigation, his background is murky and it is very difficult to find anything concrete on him. If we can find he has funds, or access to funds then that is reassuring.

2 years on, his motives for buying the club are still not clear. There have been an unprecedented number of issues and promises unfulfilled.

Transfermarkt lists over 4,500 agencies, and almost 10,000 agents in 134 countries yet nothing of any note on any of the Lemsagem bros despite them supposedly involved in some big deals.

His premises in Dubai is rented (maybe it's not too uncommon, we should find out).
Nothing is straightforward with him though.

It may transpire to be teething problems, but I don't think we should sleepwalk into even more danger than we are already in. We carry on our form into next season (with 40% less revenue from season ticket holders) and we will be relegated into the Conference.

PS IIRC correctly AL signed over his agency to his brother, so he still may hold significant influence over someone we know nothing about and who may have to contact his AL for every decision and move.

I don't think many on here would generally call me a doom merchant, and I regularly defended Corney from certain accusations but even he reneged on his promise in the end. I think we should be very sceptical of trusting anyone blindly, and proceed cautiously and questioning.

What is shocking is people hanging him out to dry without ACTUAL proof. He may be a wrong 'un.......he's certainly made mistakes and big ones but he is putting money in, maybe less than stated but none of us really know.

I agree with being cautious but to find illusory fault is quite frankly embarrassing.

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Nobody has anything definitive have they? 

That's the problem. 

So why the vitriol?

I can understand reactions getting high from definitive proof but hearsay and gossip should not be the foundations.

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If this was true I’m pretty sure he would be suing his lawyers in a very big way. 

Or maybe there wasn't much done. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Simon Brooke told him about the land arrangements at the time of the takeover.

16 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

So why the vitriol?

I can understand reactions getting high from definitive proof but hearsay and gossip should not be the foundations.

There is a very simple answer to that - because people care.

Tere are so many rumours that could be put to bed as false if that's what they are but extended periods of purdah at a time like this can only lead people towards other, less favourable, conclusions

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Tere are so many rumours that could be put to bed as false if that's what they are but extended periods of purdah at a time like this can only lead people towards other, less favourable, conclusions

Let’s face it with the shit storm going on, if those account showed a rosey picture. With the majority of debts paid and no loans other that the tta loan, they would be rushing to get them out. What better way to put this fire out? But nope bury them for another 3 months, let the speculation and frustration build. Can only bad news in them account imo.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But should those periods of silence be considered as proof of guilt?

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If this was true I’m pretty sure he would be suing his lawyers in a very big way. 

I am trying to understand why you would allow the exiting owner a % still in your business.

The fan meeting at the club reported on social media that Corney had shares but no voting rights?

Just now, mikejh45 said:

But should those periods of silence be considered as proof of guilt?

It may be contrary to natural justice and the rule of law but given everything that has gone on I'm afraid it's more guilty until proved innocent rather than the more conventional approach

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

TBF Corney did it in 2017 and in June as well as the Trust raised it at the AGM that year.

Why should a company delay publishing its accounts for 3 months?

Is this a loophole that needs changing?

Archived