Scholes gone

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why should a company delay publishing its accounts for 3 months?

Is this a loophole that needs changing?

Honestly, I do not know as I wanted to see the accounts submitted for 2018 to see if there was any impact on the debt of 2017.

I believe the Trust treasurer at the time said you can do this but only "x" amount of times. I know Jorvik has knowledge in this area and maybe he can explain it better than me...or maybe any other poster.

I just know Corney did it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why should a company delay publishing its accounts for 3 months?

Is this a loophole that needs changing?

No. There are various legitimate reasons. That’s why it’s allowed. 

11 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

What is shocking is people hanging him out to dry without ACTUAL proof. He may be a wrong 'un.......he's certainly made mistakes and big ones but he is putting money in, maybe less than stated but none of us really know.

I agree with being cautious but to find illusory fault is quite frankly embarrassing.

We may never get proof, I have said I want him to have funds to succeed. I'm now hugely doubtful.

Even on their website, they have a list of transfers they have been involved in.  I cannot fathom the order but:

Diarra to Al Jazira is the top one. it was in 2017. No list of agent, now retired but his manager at Al Jazira was Henk Ten Caite, who aslso happens to be listed as a sport2jlt client! But he was clubless at the time, so how much did they make on that deal?

Next is Leo Lima, 37, to Al Nasr, his transfer to them was in 2010. His agent is listed as Carlos Leite, so maybe he dropped Sport2jlt

Then is Jader Spindler, who is known as Baré but his was only a loan in 2012.
4th on their list is Pablo Hernandez in  2014, from Swansea to Al arabi. He is now represented by Toldra Consulting. It was confirmed by Huw Kenkins as s small fee.

5th is Diba to Al Lekhwiya in 2011. Again he is not listed as having an agent. Lekhwiya changed their name in 2017 to Al Douhail in case anyone can't find info.

6th was Abdoun to Forest, in 2013. listed as a£1.97m fee. BBC reports as undicolsed buth thought to be around £1.55m. maybe he amsde 400k on that deal? hopefully so.

Precious little to indicate significant funds.

The reason I highlight these is there are no multi million piund deals, the inference is that he therefore has used loans for the money. Backed up by issues of payments. If so, how much needs looking into. At wahat rate and source needs looking into.

Let's put it back.

What are you providing as supporting evidence that is positive about him, other than he might have struggled since the takeover, his words.

HMRC bill-well that is still not announced. A respected former member of staff has stated her pension has not been paid for a considerable period. That cannot be unexpeted. Payments for wages repeatedly and despite assuranes it would not happen again, it did.

What could he reasonably have expected to be surpised about? Surely that requires the same burden of proof and scant evidence for it either.
There are so many alarm bells.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Where people expecting glowing accounts this time? Really? They will look awful... as usual. OAFC is a terrible business. 

I certaintly wasn't,can't see anyone else that was either. 
I wanted to see if the debt had been increased. His assertion that he spent £5m may or may not be true, as with the money he spent to buy the club, but I was hoping to shed some light on whether he funded it,  convert it to shares, Directors Loans, or load OAFC with more long term debt.

24 minutes ago, singe said:

There are so many alarm bells.

i agree with you on this bit. However, I will criticize if there is clear, undeniable evidence but not join in on the basis of dodgy tweets, gossip and hearsay. 

14 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

i agree with you on this bit. However, I will criticize if there is clear, undeniable evidence but not join in on the basis of dodgy tweets, gossip and hearsay. 

But if you don't push where is clear, undeniable evidence going to come from?  This has been going on for a considerbale time and is just getting worse - the absence of any communications gives gossip and hearsay credence.

39 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Who knows where we might be by the time that is forthcoming.

All  I have really seen is many wanting answers and people that feel they have waited long enough and/or felt the trust is too far gone and are taking their own action.

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Or maybe there wasn't much done. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Simon Brooke told him about the land arrangements at the time of the takeover.

And it was even confirmed in the press at the time.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-abdallah-lemsagam-takeover-14208722 

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Nicely posted.
It is fair to conclude Mark Moisey's quote is taken from a question or statement at the same press conference, which in the 4th picture shows, that had Mr Lemsagem sitting next to him...
He knew. He's an even bigger fool and it's hugely more embarrasing if he didn't isn't it.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Nicely posted.
It is fair to conclude Mark Moisey's quote is taken from a question or statement at the same press conference, which in the 4th picture shows, that had Mr Lemsagem sitting next to him...
He knew. He's an even bigger fool and it's hugely more embarrasing if he didn't isn't it.

He just keeps tying himself up in lies. Corney was good at it, AL isn't. I think this is the reason for the Trust questions, to prove the lies (the proof that everyone who's apologising for him keeps asking for).

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He just keeps tying himself up in lies. Corney was good at it, AL isn't. I think this is the reason for the Trust questions, to prove the lies (the proof that everyone who's apologising for him keeps asking for).

Well yes, we need a Washington Post record of all of them!!

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Jesus Christ.

What? Apologies for not being on top of every printed word on latics. If I’ve missed something then I apologise. I’ll nip off and self harm if that makes you feel better. 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What? Apologies for not being on top of every printed word on latics. If I’ve missed something then I apologise. I’ll nip off and self harm if that makes you feel better. 

I put a link to an article from the initial press conference that Abdallah was present at :blink: The CEO is quoted in it stating that it's not owned by Abdallah.

7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I put a link to an article from the initial press conference that Abdallah was present at :blink: The CEO is quoted in it stating that it's not owned by Abdallah.

Yes I know that. So he did know he didn’t own it at the press conference. I know this, we all know this.

However, the new article says he only realised after he bought it. Where has that come from? I haven’t seen that before and I haven’t seen a quote. He is quoted in the article to say he wants to buy it, that’s all. 

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Where people expecting glowing accounts this time? Really? They will look awful... as usual. OAFC is a terrible business. 

Your right. in fact I have heard it described as insolvent (alledgedly).

But I would like to see that the Necarcu loan is no longer there and maybe less in the deficit bit.

I have no doubt he has oodles of cash to get us on an even keel. Now is the time to see if we are and if not, then a board with like minded business people with a plan to sustain us.

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Your right. in fact I have heard it described as insolvent

But I would like to see that the Necarcu loan is no longer there and maybe less in the deficit bit.

I have no doubt he has oodles of cash to get us on an even keel. Now is the time to see if we are and if not, then a board with like minded business people with a plan to sustain us.

Trading insolvently in the scenario being described by many here, probably means we’ve drifted in to Wrongful Trading. That’s illegal. So that would be game over.   If we are effectively insolvent and there are no possible means or resources to correct it, then that’s wrongful trading. Very serious. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes I know that. So he did know he didn’t own it at the press conference. I know this, we all know this.

However, the new article says he only realised after he bought it. Where has that come from? I haven’t seen that before and I haven’t seen a quote. He is quoted in the article to say he wants to but it, that’s all. 

I thought the Chron article was a [poor] re-hash of this Sky interview.

He states what he owns, but he clearly does not igive anything away that suggests he was unaware what he was buying in this article.
I'd file that under urban myth. For now.
https://news.sky.com/story/oldham-owner-abdallah-lemsagam-denies-interfering-in-paul-scholes-team-selection-11672621

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Trading insolvently in the scenario being described by many here, probably means we’ve drifted in to Wrongful Trading. That’s illegal. So that would be game over.   If we are effectively insolvent and there are no possible means or resources to correct it, then that’s wrongful trading. Very serious. 

...which surely makes it perfectly understandable/reasonable to be scrutinising/questioning the owner, his motives, his behaviour....?

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...which surely makes it perfectly understandable/reasonable to be scrutinising/questioning the owner, his motives, his behaviour....?

Well, yes. Obviously. But it will change nothing. Being able to pose difficult questions only is not a very useful skill.  Being constructive is much more difficult...and helpful. 

25 minutes ago, singe said:

I thought the Chron article was a [poor] re-hash of this Sky interview.

He states what he owns, but he clearly does not igive anything away that suggests he was unaware what he was buying in this article.
I'd file that under urban myth. For now.
https://news.sky.com/story/oldham-owner-abdallah-lemsagam-denies-interfering-in-paul-scholes-team-selection-11672621

I’d have to agree. No evidence to the contrary. Just another bad journalist.  

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

.....Being constructive is much more difficult...and helpful. 

I can’t argue with that.... however (I don’t think it unreasonable to say) neither of those adjectives would aptly describe your OWTB account/persona either!

Archived