Scholes gone

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Well, yes. Obviously. But it will change nothing. Being able to pose difficult questions only is not a very useful skill.  Being constructive is much more difficult...and helpful. 

It isn't possible to be constructive with a hermit locked behind several doors and a soundproofed wall. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, singe said:

Nicely posted.
It is fair to conclude Mark Moisey's quote is taken from a question or statement at the same press conference, which in the 4th picture shows, that had Mr Lemsagem sitting next to him...
He knew. He's an even bigger fool and it's hugely more embarrasing if he didn't isn't it.

He’s a pathological liar. Like Jorvik says, he isn’t even good at it.

From this week's Oldham Times:

' . . . the chairman insists he was visiting family in Dubai for the majority of Scholes’ tenure and that he only spoke to Scholes once, about a player they had agreed to let go'"

“I am looking at this with my lawyer because I am not going to let someone write lies about the club,” he added'.

20 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

' . . . the chairman insists he was visiting family in Dubai for the majority of Scholes’ tenure and that he only spoke to Scholes once, about a player they had agreed to let go'"

“I am looking at this with my lawyer because I am not going to let someone write lies about the club,” he added'.

Utterly irrelevant.  If we accept Scholes claim that he wasn't being allowed to manage as he had understood was agreed then it wasn;t necessarily AL who was causing  that situation. 

24 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Its nothing to do with the club, he’s consulting a lawyer because it’s a slur against him...and him alone.  It’s all about this Clown.  He wanted to play football club owner on the cheap and it’s bitten him massively on his arse

29 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

According to the statement AL put on the official website on 15 March:

“I continued to encourage him despite the results and reassured him that his job was secure. I was content to remain in League Two for this season and working with the team we have for the remainder of this season is important.

Paul and I both agreed that there is potential but I reassured him that he had my full backing to rebuild the team of his choice next season.”

Does that stack up with him only talking to him once? “Continued to encourage” sounds like multiple conversations to me.

4 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

“I continued to encourage him despite the results and reassured him that his job was secure. I was content to remain in League Two for this season and working with the team we have for the remainder of this season is important.

Paul and I both agreed that there is potential but I reassured him that he had my full backing to rebuild the team of his choice next season.”

Does that stack up with him only talking to him once? “Continued to encourage” sounds like multiple conversations to me.

Exactly, he contradicts himself more and more. The more he talks, the more the bullshit comes out. 

1 hour ago, Latics and England said:

Might have only talked once, could have messaged every five minutes. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Utterly irrelevant.  If we accept Scholes claim that he wasn't being allowed to manage as he had understood was agreed then it wasn;t necessarily AL who was causing  that situation. 

So we accept the words of a bloke who left by a whatsapp message allegedly. Why should we-because he is less of a liar than Al? He is getting out of jail scot-free because of the pathological dislike of our chairman at present.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Might have only talked once, could have messaged every five minutes. 

Talk about getting the story to fit your take on the matter?

21 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So we accept the words of a bloke who left by a whatsapp message allegedly. Why should we-because he is less of a liar than Al? He is getting out of jail scot-free because of the pathological dislike of our chairman at present.

Never was Scholes biggest fan though was you?

31 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Don't be ridiculous. I can't have a pathological dislike of someone I've never met. 

Who do you think probably bears more culpability for the overall situation, Scholes or Lemsagam? 

21 minutes ago, True Tic said:

True, but he is a big piece in that jigsaw which could shed alot of light on Lemsagan and the way he goes about his business. 

I agree. But again, he’s one of many people who could shed light on it. But you can see if people want employment again in football (on or off the pitch staff), they can all be forgiven. Nobody wants to employ a gobshite or a grass, whether it’s true or not. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't be ridiculous. I can't have a pathological dislike of someone I've never met. 

Who do you think probably bears more culpability for the overall situation, Scholes or Lemsagam? 

We are not talking about the overall situation here tho are we? Your earlier quote that I used was specifically about Scholes and alleged interference. Wasn't accusing you specifically of the dislike more this forum at the moment although from your postings I suspect you are not his greatest fan.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Never was Scholes biggest fan though was you?

How shrewd but fail to see the relevance?

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

True, but he is a big piece in that jigsaw which could shed alot of light on Lemsagan and the way he goes about his business. 

Exactly. But maybe, just maybe Scholes just wasn't up to it and there is little to report?

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

We are not talking about the overall situation here tho are we? Your earlier quote that I used was specifically about Scholes and alleged interference. Wasn't accusing you specifically of the dislike more this forum at the moment although from your postings I suspect you are not his greatest fan.

Exactly. But maybe, just maybe Scholes just wasn't up to it and there is little to report?

You may well be right but my opinion is that AL is the one whose not up to it and he's doing little to disprove my theory.

Anyway Scholes is history now and he can no longer hold us back so let's see where the 'good ship' Lemsagam takes us - my guess is out of the FL or are we going to blame the next poor soul or souls who try to work under his stewardship? 

Whoever is managing us now is almost irrelevant in the grand scheme of things considering we are likely to haemorrhage at my guess about a quarter of our attendance overnight.

3 hours ago, maddog said:

I agree. But again, he’s one of many people who could shed light on it. But you can see if people want employment again in football (on or off the pitch staff), they can all be forgiven. Nobody wants to employ a gobshite or a grass, whether it’s true or not. 

Its not a case of being a grass or a gobshite, if things are as bad as they are supposed to be grass or not people need to grow a pair and stand up for the club they supposedly carry a torch for.

If reports are anything to go by then I cant see a black mark on a cv with this club being any barrier to getting a job with another .

If I could see something clearly wrong with my club going down the drain I would be the biggest gobshite you'd ever met

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Not letting AL off the hook here at all but your last line is exactly what I am starting to suspect...

11 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Not letting AL off the hook here at all but your last line is exactly what I am starting to suspect...

And all the other 40 staff too? Few of them carry ‘a torch’ for Latics. And it’s not just a black mark on a CV, it’s out there in the public domain for everyone to see. 

42 minutes ago, maddog said:

And all the other 40 staff too? Few of them carry ‘a torch’ for Latics. And it’s not just a black mark on a CV, it’s out there in the public domain for everyone to see. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of people associated with the club with a higher profile ie Bunn, Rhodes and Scholes etc.

People who will be listened to and don't necessarily have as much to lose potentially as other staff. It appears our club has sadly already developed a reputation in football circles of mismanagement etc and in the light of this, a none too successful stint with oafc isn't going to ruin the above mentioned persons chances of gaining employment elsewhere.

Rhodes; apparently left Sheff Wed to return to his beloved Latics, then disappears without trace.

Bunn; chest thumping to the fans after each game, club very close to his heart, wasn't to too bad until that heavy defeat at Carlisle, then gone.

Scholes; a grand total of a month at the helm of his beloved boyhood club and off he goes.

Not so much as a meaningful murmur from any of them (apart from a cryptic paragraph from the latter)

6 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of people associated with the club with a higher profile ie Bunn, Rhodes and Scholes etc.

People who will be listened to and don't necessarily have as much to lose potentially as other staff. It appears our club has sadly already developed a reputation in football circles of mismanagement etc and in the light of this, a none too successful stint with oafc isn't going to ruin the above mentioned persons chances of gaining employment elsewhere.

Rhodes; apparently left Sheff Wed to return to his beloved Latics, then disappears without trace.

Bunn; chest thumping to the fans after each game, club very close to his heart, wasn't to too bad until that heavy defeat at Carlisle, then gone.

Scholes; a grand total of a month at the helm of his beloved boyhood club and off he goes.

Not so much as a meaningful murmur from any of them (apart from a cryptic paragraph from the latter)

They were all paid off, probably signing a non disclosure agreement. They may be higher profile but they haven’t made a fortune from the game. 

13 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They were all paid off, probably signing a non disclosure agreement. They may be higher profile but they haven’t made a fortune from the game. 

Ive got an NDA, sounds like some kind of disease really, which is pretty much the state of our club at the moment.

Archived