• Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

‘Once I get told “Don’t play him” it’s time to go’ 

And later

‘ To be fair that only happened once’

😮

Ffs....

How many times do you think it needs to happen until it is  untenable 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,.........

AL is running things disgracefully.

AL clearly has no idea what he is doing.

AL shouldn't be allowed to run a football club.

Thought I'd get those in so nobody can twist this in support of him but...

Scholes could have just said "fuck off, I'll play who I want"

What's AL going to do? Sack him? If he does it's the same result Scholes got, but he gets a pay out for his troubles.

Scholes bottled it big time!

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What's AL going to do? Sack him? If he does it's the same result Scholes got, but he gets a pay out for his troubles.

Scholes didn't bottle  it he had the financial security to say I've had enougjh of this shit which most can't, end of.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes. 

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What did he bottle? Why did he bottle?

Didn't sound a resounding no when asked "would you go back?"

I'm certain  he would consider it under the 'right conditions' 

Unfortunately those conditions are a million miles away

17 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Scholes didn't bottle  it he had the financial security to say I've had enougjh of this shit which most can't, end of.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What did he bottle? Why did he bottle?

He said he got told once who to play. So say no. Set a precedent. I'll pick who I want when I want. He has the financial security to risk the sack.

He's in a far better position than most managers who may have to do what AL says or struggle to pay their mortgage.

Bottled it

23 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

That's how I see it and said that before he took the job he will just walk if get any shit

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He said he got told once who to play. So say no. Set a precedent. I'll pick who I want when I want. He has the financial security to risk the sack.

He's in a far better position than most managers who may have to do what AL says or struggle to pay their mortgage.

Bottled it

Look McFluff you may be Barry Owen or not, but get real and stop supporting AL.If you are anti PS or Man U so be it, but don't bring those prejudices into this forum.Focus on the issues that Impact on OAFC

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Bottled it

Suspect he was being bit cagey on TV.

Simple fact is that the big condition of taking job was no interference. That trust was broken within a month.

38 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ive not seen what he has (or hasn't ) said on BT but is anybody any the wiser for why he left other than the initial ambiguous paragraph when he walked?

My guess is the reasons are a mix of AL being awful to work for and Scholes bottling it because he simply wasn't getting results.

If Scholes has the financial means for all this not to really matter, then why not stay and prove himself?  if given time it goes belly up then so what? Still has his money and his punditry etc.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Suspect he was being bit cagey on TV.

Simple fact is that the big condition of taking job was no interference. That trust was broken within a month.

You are told before going on Radio or TV  to watch what you say.So what you say is always balanced between what you want to say unfettered and what you feel is appropriate to say

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Ive not seen what he has (or hasn't ) said on BT but is anybody any the wiser for why he left other than the initial ambiguous paragraph when he walked?

My guess is the reasons are a mix of AL being awful to work for and Scholes bottling it because he simply wasn't getting results.

If Scholes has the financial means for all this not to really matter, then why not stay and prove himself?  if given time it goes belly up then so what? Still has his money and his punditry etc.

Why would you want to stay in a job where there are restrictions being put on you that you didn't agree to? How does that translate into 'bottling it'?

Anyone who knows him will tell you he's a straight up honest fella, if he felt he wasn't up to it then he wouldn't have been bothered about saying so.

2 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Can imagine Clarke  is long gone in the summer wether the club wants him or not

I think Clark is just keeping his nose clean with AL, being professional,hoping beyond hope he gets his contract paid out, hoping that he is fit enough to get a contract next year with another club. Club legend with what he has had to put up with

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why would you want to stay in a job where there are restrictions being put on you that you didn't agree to? How does that translate into 'bottling it'?

Anyone who knows him will tell you he's a straight up honest fella, if he felt he wasn't up to it then he wouldn't have been bothered about saying so.

Did he not see a lot of this prior to signing on the dotted line? Surely he must? After all it felt like an age before he was actually confirmed in post after discussions with AL about the conditions he wanted to manage in.

Flip side - if those 7 or 8 matches in charge had been won, would he still be here? course he would!!

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Did he not see a lot of this prior to signing on the dotted line? Surely he must? After all it felt like an age before he was actually confirmed in post after discussions with AL about the conditions he wanted to manage in.

Flip side - if those 7 or 8 matches in charge had been won, would he still be here? course he would!!

He did, he said he though he could be the one to changes it and heard lots of stories. 

Just now, singe said:

He did, he said he though he could be the one to changes it and heard lots of stories. 

Fair enough, chairman is a tool,  but still, if results had panned out more positively he would still be here.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

35 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Look McFluff you may be Barry Owen or not, but get real and stop supporting AL.If you are anti PS or Man U so be it, but don't bring those prejudices into this forum.Focus on the issues that Impact on OAFC

Hey look, another mug with no brain cells.

You even replied to my post above where I said AL shouldn't be allowed to run a club.

How is that defending him? Do you need someone to help you read?

Archived