Scholes gone

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

What makes people think we will have a stronger squad next season?

This is it - we won’t. Loanees who have done alright for us will be gone and I’d imagine some of Hamer, Clarke, Edmundson etc will be off too. If you’re a perm/champ club are you going to be keen on loaning your young lads to a club run like ours? If you’re an established 4th division pro are you going to pick us over another better run club? 

Our name has been dragged through the mud for a while but seems to be much worse under this guy. Add to that dwindling funds due to fans boycotting (as they’re well within their rights to do at this stage).

I just can’t see how we’re going to have a decent squad next year given the state of the club and it’s depressing. 

Hopefully the pressure built through public shaming will get to him and he’ll think it’s not worth it. His contempt of the fans shown through his not replying to the trust letter shows it’s his ego that we need to hurt most. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Scholes will have been booed and jeered by thousands throughout his career in countless games.

You're telling me he can't handle one man saying who he should play? One man who actually has zero say in the names that go on the team sheet.

Bottled it.

On another note, AL also will hopefully bottle it.

One man who actually has zero say in the names that go on the team sheet.

Are you sure about that?

Rob Hunt wasn’t getting a look in before Scholes came because the owner had fallen out with his agent.

Scholes arrives and says that everyone has to have a fair shot, so Hunt is back in the team.

The minute Scholes goes, Hunt is immediately back on the bench.

PW picks the team as long as certain players aren’t selected.

You are being very naive if you think that AL or his brother aren’t having a say in team/squad selection.

12 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Rob Hunt wasn’t getting a look in before Scholes came because the owner had fallen out with his agent.

Scholes arrives and says that everyone has to have a fair shot, so Hunt is back in the team.

Appreciate the point , Gary but not the best example i.e. Hunt has been a bloody embarrasment since he signed full time. Weak and insipid - get rid.

If that's the owner's view too, I am in full agreement. Waste of a wage (and yes there are plenty of others).

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Appreciate the point , Gary but not the best example i.e. Hunt has been a bloody embarrasment since he signed full time. Weak and insipid - get rid.

If that's the owner's view too, I am in full agreement. Waste of a wage (and yes there are plenty of others).

Maybe Hunt’s performances are influenced by the way he is treated by his employer....

16 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I agree with you to a point. I’d rather have Hamer and Iacovitti but it’s the fact that just because the owner has a fall out with an agent then the player is prevented from playing. I don’t agree with it, and I think that it’s a very bad path to go down.

17 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree with you to a point. I’d rather have Hamer and Iacovitti but it’s the fact that just because the owner has a fall out with an agent then the player is prevented from playing. I don’t agree with it, and I think that it’s a very bad path to go down.

Wholeheartedly agree on that Gary

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Good to see the Mike Keegan haters have managed to find a new scapegoat instead of the powers that be at Latics. 

Thats right lads, it’s actually Scholes’ fault they had no hot showers.

Do me a favour.

Which nobody has said or even inferred. If you can’t debate like a grown up....

15 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Good to see the Mike Keegan haters have managed to find a new scapegoat instead of the powers that be at Latics. 

Thats right lads, it’s actually Scholes’ fault they had no hot showers.

Do me a favour.

You've been doing so well recently..

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Those saying Scholes bottled it are the exact same people who were so accepting of Corney and his antics and those who will probably carry on attending regardless of where the clown takes us.

Nuff said really.

And a lot of those with their knickers in a twist now are those who said anyone be better than corney when some said better the devil you know.

Also plenty who said relegation would revitalise the club. 

Where are those people spouting that shite these days?

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

One man who actually has zero say in the names that go on the team sheet.

Are you sure about that?

PW picks the team as long as certain players aren’t selected.

You are being very naive if you think that AL or his brother aren’t having a say in team/squad selection.

100% sure that scholes or his assistant fill out the team sheet and hand it to the ref.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Those saying Scholes bottled it are the exact same people who were so accepting of Corney and his antics and those who will probably carry on attending regardless of where the clown takes us.

Nuff said really.

Mcfluff beat me to the obvious retort to this. 

Incidentally, I don’t think he bottled it, I just think he was a shit manager. 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Mcfluff beat me to the obvious retort to this. 

Incidentally, I don’t think he bottled it, I just think he was a shit manager. 

First sign of things not going his way and he threw in the towel,

His bottle went! that's if he had any in the first place.

Time to erase this loser from our history and only give creedence to those who actually give a shit.

Now that it looks like the play offs are out of reach surely the club needs to address the managerial situation for next season?

Correct me if I’m wrong but Pete Wild has only been confirmed until the end of the season of which I’d guess that Millington his assistant is in the same position. The goalie coach, Hale I read today has a deal that runs out in May and where does Mick Priest fit into all of this, will he be gone?

As it’s been a season of instability, surely it would make sense to confirm Pete Wild and his backroom team for next season to allow him to start playing players who will be here next season and start identifying players required for next season. I think Wild has shown enough promise, allied to passion and understanding of the club to be given an opportunity. I’d rather that than some journey man manager who has failed loads in recent years, all managers need to start somewhere so why not give Wild a go for a  full season.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Whoever it is it needs it needs to be made clear that they are the coach and will not be responsible for recruitment.

If Wild is happy with that going forward then give him a crack.

Wild is possibly the only candidate who at the moment could do the job ( even if by his own admission,he is not suitable ).

Nobody with any amount of UK experience will take and make a success of the job whilst Lemsagam remains in power.

That is not to say a foreign yes man couldn't rock up but that wouldn't get us promoted in the near future. Wild has a get out of jail free card,if it goes tits up he reverts back to the usual day job.

54 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Wild is possibly the only candidate who at the moment could do the job ( even if by his own admission,he is not suitable ).

Nobody with any amount of UK experience will take and make a success of the job whilst Lemsagam remains in power.

That is not to say a foreign yes man couldn't rock up but that wouldn't get us promoted in the near future. Wild has a get out of jail free card,if it goes tits up he reverts back to the usual day job.

Not if the rumours about the youth team being axed are to be believed.......

12 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Filling out the team sheet is not the same as picking the team or deciding who’s left out.

Well it is. You put on the names of the players you want in. If AL didn't like it he could have sacked him. If not it's down to scholes to put on that who he wants

I have to say some of the posts I have read on the Scholes quitting issue are really laughable, I have watched the interview with Scholes and thought he spoke his mind that he was the one that could change things, yeah you all say he doesn’t have the same money worries as the rest of us and I include Pete Wild he and Richie Wellens in that point no matter how many clubs Wellens played for. 

The point the McManaman made regarding a losing team being suddenly becoming world beaters is true, sure we put 4 past a poor Yeovil side, we had 3 injury time goals in the next 3 games, but we were never going to suddenly win the league by Scholes coming in, it was always based on next season which some of you seem to forget. 

Before anyone reminds me about Pete Wild being the greatest manager in history, and that Fulham away ranks in our greatest feats is talking bollocks, I’ve seen us beat Man City, Everton, Liverpool West Ham away since we have been in the 3rd tier of English football with some equally poor players and managers.

As well as this, most of the people hankered after Wellens to get the position when he got the job after a fine run of games as caretaker, only for him now be the devil incarnate after the relegation, when OAFC players last season actually backed us to get relegated and surprising it happened. 

We haven’t got a pot to piss in, neither have most of the clubs in the lower divisions, but the sooner we get this clown out of our club the better. The club is ours,  owners, players, managers all come and go. We don’t....

18 minutes ago, Lees Latics said:

I have to say some of the posts I have read on the Scholes quitting issue are really laughable, I have watched the interview with Scholes and thought he spoke his mind that he was the one that could change things, yeah you all say he doesn’t have the same money worries as the rest of us and I include Pete Wild he and Richie Wellens in that point no matter how many clubs Wellens played for. 

The point the McManaman made regarding a losing team being suddenly becoming world beaters is true, sure we put 4 past a poor Yeovil side, we had 3 injury time goals in the next 3 games, but we were never going to suddenly win the league by Scholes coming in, it was always based on next season which some of you seem to forget. 

Before anyone reminds me about Pete Wild being the greatest manager in history, and that Fulham away ranks in our greatest feats is talking bollocks, I’ve seen us beat Man City, Everton, Liverpool West Ham away since we have been in the 3rd tier of English football with some equally poor players and managers.

As well as this, most of the people hankered after Wellens to get the position when he got the job after a fine run of games as caretaker, only for him now be the devil incarnate after the relegation, when OAFC players last season actually backed us to get relegated and surprising it happened. 

We haven’t got a pot to piss in, neither have most of the clubs in the lower divisions, but the sooner we get this clown out of our club the better. The club is ours,  owners, players, managers all come and go. We don’t....

Of course we weren't going to win the league when Scholes walked in.

You cant win owt though when you walk out after a month.

PW might be a flash in the pan but hes had two decent stints either side of PS taking charge.

Perhaps PW might do even better under another chairman who treats his staff like human beings.

As things stand I cant see any other manager coming here and doing a better job because as you say we have no pot to piss in.

11 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He was laughing as he said that, hardly a statement of fact.

If we get the extra 4-5 points which we could easily have done, is he still a bad manager?

Fine margins, if he gets the extra five points and stays then obviously that changes things, but that didn't happen.

He left the club and left everyone, probably including himself, wondering what might have been.

Archived