Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Credit for you for attempting to define this, but by your definition we haven't been a family club for over 25 years. Appointing Kevin Birkett to a role at the club, nevermind Detective Shitpeas will mean we will never be a family club for a few years anyway. 

In terms of respecting the local area and those who reside there, then I'm sorry to say that Oldham Athletic are unlikely to ever meet this target again. The population of Oldham is 22.5% non-White and likely to be rising, I doubt the crowd at the football club is a quarter of that. I think our best chance in my memory to meet 11.25% (so half the rate of the population of Oldham) is with the current owner. 

Any owner who isn't a fan is going to see the club as a money making project, although heaven knows why. Selling the club to Moore nevermind the Landlords or Marco put a dent in that. 

Any club that signed Lee Hughes, nearly signed Ched Evans and has been linked with a few other nefarious characters is already in negative credit in terms of being a family club. The fact that our Community Trust do such excellent work, and the players join in too, means that negative credit is wiped out. 

But I'm sorry to say even by my definition, which is a lot less strict than your definition, Oldham Athletic is not a family club. I doubt it ever will be. 

Good response... I was really talking about the club I grew up with from 1976.

It has changed  for the worse, sad to see.

Feel sorry for the young fans who never got to experience the "glory days " like me.

You never know though, things can change.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The coach issue was AL telling Scholes not to trust one of the coaches because they had a close relationship to one of the players...

Now before Scholes arrival we only had two coaches at the club didn't we.

Remind me what those two coaches were doing this weekend?

What I find puzzling is, a lot of people said cog had been dropped by AL. He’s played every game under wild and it’s hinted Scholes was told to drop Clarke and he’s started every game. He obviously has a rock on for bragner, but the rest seem fair game?

On 3/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, lookersstandandy said:

I mean..... you've got to be kidding haven't you..... it's staring you in the face.... that the owner is a massive c*nt.

On balance, it would seem that way but Scholes knew that before he eventually took the job.  When he came in, all expectations had gone for the season.  Scholes could easily have given it a good go until the end of the season and see where it went.   IMO, I think Scholes used the alleged interference to jump ship because he realised he was not up to the task. Had we stuck with Wild we would have been in and around the playoffs. 

Anyway, we are where we are.  I do not like the owners methods, as reported on here and by disgruntled ex employees, but he is the only one putting money into the club.  Hence, I will continue to support the manager and team (and all the local support staff) and hope the trust can enter into a dialogue with the owner and get the club run in a fit and proper way.  

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Had we stuck with Wild we would have been in and around the play offs.

It could and should have been all so different but you're spot on, truth is I can't see anyone from recent lists of candidates that could do any better.

48 minutes ago, Whitts said:

On balance, it would seem that way but Scholes knew that before he eventually took the job.  When he came in, all expectations had gone for the season.  Scholes could easily have given it a good go until the end of the season and see where it went.   IMO, I think Scholes used the alleged interference to jump ship because he realised he was not up to the task. Had we stuck with Wild we would have been in and around the playoffs. 

Anyway, we are where we are.  I do not like the owners methods, as reported on here and by disgruntled ex employees, but he is the only one putting money into the club.  Hence, I will continue to support the manager and team (and all the local support staff) and hope the trust can enter into a dialogue with the owner and get the club run in a fit and proper way.  

The question need to be asked , is he putting money in? Seems a lot of unpaid bills, the players  weren’t   being paid until the cup run.  We only have his word what he’s putting in, we haven’t signed anyone for money, the wage bill must have been cut, if it’s true he paid a quid for the club. He could be just living off the cup run and league payments. Until we see proof of accounts , who knows ? He could have racked up even more debts.

56 minutes ago, Whitts said:

49 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

It could and should have been all so different but you're spot on, truth is I can't see anyone from recent lists of candidates that could do any better.

To look for and concentrate narrative on the nuance, is to obfuscate on behalf of the main problem. It is neither helpful, nor ultimately relevant.

Archived