Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

To look for and concentrate narrative on the nuance, is to obfuscate on behalf of the main problem. It is neither helpful, nor ultimately relevant.

Wow, another sesquipedalian response.  No ambiguity in my point on the "Scholes" Topic.   He knew what he was coming too when he took the job and used the so called interference to jump ship to mask his fledgling managerial shortcomings.  Great player, poor manager for me. We move on with PW and I will continue to support him and the team. 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Jesus. This guys rep is in free fall. 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

To look for and concentrate narrative on the nuance, is to obfuscate on behalf of the main problem. It is neither helpful, nor ultimately relevant.

Until you close down the topic, it will remain 'relevant'

I can see why Gary Neville et al were desperate to get shot of hime, and get him to  fill his days now.....

Suspect this is what Abdallah was referring to about issues.

High odds he knew, nice bit of distraction.

Scholes Annus Horriblis i think.

Doesn't change the need to keep the screw tightening around AL though.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

I can see why Gary Neville et al were desperate to get shot of hime, and get him to  fill his days now.....

Suspect this is what Abdallah was referring to about issues.

High odds he knew, nice bit of distraction.

Scholes Annus Horriblis i think.

Doesn't change the need to keep the screw tightening around AL though.

Hardly crime of the century, the rules are bizarre and way over the top anyway.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hardly crime of the century, the rules are bizarre and way over the top anyway.

Whilst I agree not the worse crime in the world, it depends how much he's made and if he was betting on Salford or United. Either of those two, he's highly likely to be party to inside information so could be in hot water. But any punisment will reflect that I am sure.
Rules are very clear so no ambiguity.

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Whilst I agree not the worse crime in the world, it depends how much he's made and if he was betting on Salford or United. Either of those two, he's highly likely to be party to inside information so could be in hot water. But any punisment will reflect that I am sure.
Rules are very clear so no ambiguity.

Might not have won anything, much like his time in charge with us, boom boom.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Can't disagree with that, doesn't need to be hung drawn and quartered over it though.

Somehow I don’t think that will happen... 

Imagine how how small the quarters would be though....

6 minutes ago, rosa said:

I'm fully convinced he bet on himself to be our next manager in 2017 to fuck with the odds then put £100k on Wellens. 

Then lost the lot trying to be clever by putting it on him keeping Latics up after seeing the rovers game 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, rosa said:

I'm fully convinced he bet on himself to be our next manager in 2017 to fuck with the odds then put £100k on Wellens. 

He could easily have bet on himself to be the next manager when Wild was odds on favourite, given the time period. 

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He could easily have bet on himself to be the next manager when Wild was odds on favourite, given the time period. 

I would guess he's a bit cleverer than that...but speculate away.

Who exactly is barred from having a footie bet because if he's just having a tenner treble on teams he's no connection with I don't see that as much to take umbrage with. 

56 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I would guess he's a bit cleverer than that...but speculate away.

Who exactly is barred from having a footie bet because if he's just having a tenner treble on teams he's no connection with I don't see that as much to take umbrage with. 

The rules are pretty straightforward, saves any wriggle room. 

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/betting-rules

Archived