Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I've been running training sessions this morning on a current industry issue where so much of wehat is being reported in the press is wrong, misleading and damaging.  Nothing to do with this subject but it happens so often that when you know a lot of detail about a subject and the reporting is so obviously wrong one has to assume the same is the case when reading about a suibject of no knowledge.

This is one of the reasons I stopped reading newspapers/watching the news several years ago - reporting on any subject matter I knew a lot about has pretty much always been absolute bollocks. 

And they never make something up that puts a positive spin on a story. Only ever negative. 

What an existence that of the journo must be.... 

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

This is one of the reasons I stopped reading newspapers/watching the news several years ago - reporting on any subject matter I knew a lot about has pretty much always been absolute bollocks. 

And they never make something up that puts a positive spin on a story. Only ever negative. 

Agree with this.... other than one maintains enough faith in the proletariat to sift out the shit.

42 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

For some years now I've read the 'paper'  on ipad on my morning commute but about three weeks ago I left it in a hotel in Edinburgh. I'll get it back next week but I think I've kicked the habit now. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

The ‘i’ newspaper is decent. 

13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I've been running training sessions this morning on a current industry issue where so much of wehat is being reported in the press is wrong, misleading and damaging.  Nothing to do with this subject but it happens so often that when you know a lot of detail about a subject and the reporting is so obviously wrong one has to assume the same is the case when reading about a suibject of no knowledge.

Spot on this. I had a similar realisation years ago. Reading about my own industry I found myself constantly thinking that it was either wildly inaccurate or just plain made up nonsense. So I assumed it was the same across the board. I just don’t bother with them anymore, other than trade press online. 

14 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

This is one of the reasons I stopped reading newspapers/watching the news several years ago .... 

Similar, although occassionally catch up to see what is going on in the world/country. What is frightening nowadays is how biased reporting is. The BBC, for example, have lost all credibility in my eyes because they can never remain impartial. Laura Kuenssberg should just change her name by deed poll to Laura Corbyn. 

The bigger problem is the % of people who fully believe what they read or hear. 

13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The ‘i’ newspaper is decent. 

I'll take your word for it but I'll pass.

If anything happens in the world that I need/want to know about I'll see it on Twitter and can then go and find out more if I want to. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Similar, although occassionally catch up to see what is going on in the world/country. What is frightening nowadays is how biased reporting is. The BBC, for example, have lost all credibility in my eyes because they can never remain impartial. Laura Kuenssberg should just change her name by deed poll to Laura Corbyn. 

😂😂😂😂.

I’ve seen some bad shouts in my time on this forum, but this might just top the lot...

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Kuenssberg a Corbyn apologist.

Stott “more promising” than Edmundson. 

They have some seriously impressive narcotics in your neck of the woods. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/20/2019 at 11:13 AM, wiseowl said:

With the polls opening in a matter of hours, I just thought I’d bump the worst shout I’ve ever seen on OWTB...

57 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

There's only one person you can compare Corbyn to and that's 'Steptoe'

Yes, Patrick. I like your connection to his pioneering spirit. His mission to help disadvantaged people improve their lives. His unequivocal support of the NHS. 

Edit: and if course, the Boundary Park Connection. 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Yes, Patrick. I like your connection to his pioneering spirit. His mission to help disadvantaged people improve their lives. His unequivocal support of the NHS. 

If that's your opinion of him, then best of British 👍

It is a strange world.  In 2017 they were telling labour voters he can't win.  In 2019 they appear to be agreeing what an awful man he is.

No doubt the people have been telling the army of Momentum door knockers the truth!

An interesting night could be ruined by the exit poll once again.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

As invidious as some people see him I couldn't vote for the Blonde Buffoon, I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog !

I don't trust any of them! Least of all Corbyn, Mcdonnell and Len McCluskey, worst of all I'm from a working class, Labour background but those men don't represent the party I once championed.

In all honesty I can't vote for Boris Trump. If he gets a working majority he'll manufacture a no-deal Brexit, blame the EU negotiators and sell the NHS to Americans. I've voted Labour more as a vote against Boris Trump rather than a vote for Labour, if that makes sense, if it doesn't who cares!!!

1 minute ago, Damian_Thorn said:

In all honesty I can't vote for Boris Trump. If he gets a working majority he'll manufacture a no-deal Brexit, blame the EU negotiators and sell the NHS to Americans. I've voted Labour more as a vote against Boris Trump rather than a vote for Labour, if that makes sense, if it doesn't who cares!!!

I'd vote for the SNP before Labour and if you wanted middle ground, you should have gone for Lib/scot 😏

8 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

In the end, I don't think he'll want to be the PM who takes us out on a no-deal.  Which means he'll be completely bent over in negotiations (as he was in the withdrawal agreement where he agreed to something that according to himself no PM should agree to).  And because he won't want to go back on saying it'll be done by end of 2020 we'll end up leaving with a terrible deal.

That and their record on pretty much every other subject being dreadful over their last 9 years in power.  Get them out.

https://getjohnsongone.com/

49 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I'd vote for the SNP before Labour and if you wanted middle ground, you should have gone for Lib/scot 😏

Never considered SNP, as for the Libs, they're just Tories without the overseas tax-avoiding havens

6 hours ago, Damian_Thorn said:

Never considered SNP, as for the Libs, they're just Tories without the overseas tax-avoiding havens

It's looking like someone's 'chicken's are coming home to roost'

Serves them right for cheating their own electorate and thwarting democracy 

Archived