Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

disgusted pissed off 55 years of supporting never felt like this before !

Just told my daughter that maybe we should start supporting AFC Fylde just 5 miles down the road . Don't really mean it,  but given I played against them 40 years ago when they were Kirkham and Wesham  in the local league and there is every chance we could be playing them next season , how far have we fallen !!!

I really fear for the future of my club  and living around Blackpool supporters and what they have gone through do we  really want to boycott our club in to oblivion ????

I think that's probably it for me with Latics under this con man. I wasn't renewing next season anyway because I'll have a newborn but I wont be back to BP this season now. It's a shame because I'd started bringing my step son this season and he was catching the bug a little. My baby won't be dressed in latics gear like my niece and nephew were because I refuse to give him any money. Even though I'm making the choice, I feel like AL has taken something away from me. A bit melodramatic maybe but that's how I'm feeling tonight. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I want to hear why, I expect Scholes to speak and I expect the Trust to actually tell me something useful for the first time ever.  However, I fear I will be disappointed on both counts.  Nobody has any balls to say what they actually know, it’s all carefully worded statements and hearsay. It’s really frustrating and boring.  

would be good to hear from that:clown: as well

My blood is boiling over this. What a waste of an opportunity. Who in the right mind is going to come to manage Oldham now? 

A chairman who is playing football manager in a league he clearly doesn't understand, telling people with more experience in football (Bunn, Rhodes and now Scholes) that they are wrong! It's laughable. Prospective managers will be looking at us like a 3rd hand Lada. Not to mention perspective players! Who the hell will come in now? Pete Wild? Would he even want to come back to the clearly untenable hot seat? AL has pissed on his chips with this one and his taken all ours too. Que another AL statement outlining absolutely nothing. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

My blood is boiling over this. What a waste of an opportunity. Who in the right mind is going to come to manage Oldham now? 

A chairman who is playing football manager in a league he clearly doesn't understand, telling people with more experience in football (Bunn, Rhodes and now Scholes) that they are wrong! It's laughable. Prospective managers will be looking at us like a 3rd hand Lada. Not to mention perspective players! Who the hell will come in now? Pete Wild? Would he even want to come back to the clearly untenable hot seat? AL has pissed on his chips with this one and his taken all ours too. Que another AL statement outlining absolutely nothing. 

Slowly slowy

Guest Stanley30

Fair play. It’s obvious there is pressure from above and the guy has walked away. God know which puppet we get next.

i have to reiterate, all those who slagged corney off be careful what u wish for!

YOUR GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE 

I wasn’t the most positive poster on Scholes but that was partly driven by a feeling that things just weren’t stable enough and I felt we should have stuck with PW for the rest of the season

That said, where I have been consistent and I was absolutely certain of is that this Moroccan Football Agent and his Brother are absolutely disastrous for this once great little club and we may very well be playing in the National League or worse very soon.

It is shameful that charlatans like them can buy their way in to sports clubs and destroy them through their vanity and arrogance. The football authorities are not fit and proper enough themselves to evaluate who is fit and proper.

Sad times my friends 

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I reckon this isnt the last we hear of it from Scholes. Id imagine alot of journalists will be badgering him for the full story and I reckon he might just tell them.

I always thought Scholes appointment would be the turning point for this club.  By appointing Scholes and Scholes walking has finally exposed Lemsagam for the fraud he is.  I ‘m hoping the fan reaction will inevitably force the clown out of our club.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Scholes returns once Lemsagam has gone and I don’t mean as a fan but a consortium’s choice for manager.  Today’s statement from Scholes has finally nailed his colours to the mast too.  He emphasised his dad’s influence and his dad being the fan when he took to job - today he stated he’s been a supporter all his life.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

evening everyone...I have just about recovered from protesting about the greenbelt build on Royton Market, had a bath, gargling on some wine so I no longer sound like Teresa May, thrown my tea down my throat, Turned  my phone back on and its on meltdown with Trust directors messages.....

Personally, its disappointing news.

Trust are discussing the announcements and I will keep you updated of any further developments.

We are here and are listening....its going to be a long night

He can't sack the Trust can he?

Tell him in no uncertain terms how fans think he's brought this club into disrepute with rumours of his alleged interference in team matters.

Let us know his answer.

That’s it for me as well I’m afraid won’t be going back now until I see some normality, we are up there with the laughing stocks of the EFL, I’m sick to death of this soap opera been going on for years with Corney and now Abdallah, we will never have any success without stability, lost a lot of fans along the way I feel like doing the same now. Hopefully some truth about our owner will come out of this but it’s pretty clear what’s going on now, Wellens/Davies/Gerrard/Bunn/Scholes and countless other staff leaving the club and blaming the owner worrying times, I’ll still follow the club but might pick someone else from non league to watch on a Saturday instead. 

36 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

When anyone does say what they know, you all but call them a liar...

Well that’s just not true is it pal.  I simply ask where has the info come from. I never understood why that’s a problem. I want to know the truth as much as anyone, but we have been awash with rumour after rumour for years, half of which have been proven to be bollocks. And now people want to score personal victory points for “told you so”.  It’s quite pathetic.  We should be supporting each other, the trust should be actually doing something (they won’t) and Scholes owes us an explanation in detail, as he is supposed to be a fan... he says. 

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I reckon this isnt the last we hear of it from Scholes. Id imagine alot of journalists will be badgering him for the full story and I reckon he might just tell them.

Tell them what? 

"He got so pissed off with me continuing to select Rob Hunt that he started asking that I don't"? 

I could accept "It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," sometime in June or July if he hadn't been able make the kind of signings he was told he'd be able to or if he'd been promised a new pitch and it hadn't been laid but - mid March when he can't even sign anyone anyway after taking the level of performance and results backwards? 

Bollocks.... I don't buy it. He's realised he's not cut out for it the same as many of us have. 

Which doesn't make him a bad person and doesn't mean Abdallah isn't a cock....But, still... 

What do people think could reasonably constitute "not be able to operate as I intended" at this point of a season? 

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Tell them what? 

"He got so pissed off with me continuing to select Rob Hunt that he started asking that I don't"? 

I could accept "It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," sometime in June or July if he hadn't been able make the kind of signings he was told he'd be able to or if he'd been promised a new pitch and it hadn't been laid but - mid March when he can't even sign anyone anyway after taking the level of performance and results backwards? 

Bollocks.... I don't buy it. He's realised he's not cut out for it the same as many of us have. 

Which doesn't make him a bad person and doesn't mean Abdallah isn't a cock....But, still... 

What do people think could reasonably constitute "not be able to operate as I intended" at this point of a season? 

Probably very near the truth.  It is odd timing.  We were all saying after the last game the players looked not at all arsed and there must be a reason for that. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

When anyone does say what they know, you all but call them a liar...

I find u frustrating at times. But been thinking the same thing myself tonight. What has actually happened is, Bad eggs spoke up where or Gerrard etc, where others dare not tread!

3 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Well within 30 minutes of each other tonight I found out my club was dying and so was my Grandma with cancer, oh and it’s my birthday too. Fucking cheers AL you cunt. 

Just changed the post I was writing because this puts things in perspective 

Family comes first.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Told that he felt the training facilities were a joke and weren't going to get better, owner and brother were becoming a bigger presence in last week and a half, in what form I don't know.

Other previous managers have seen beyond that but hang on...................it's not up to premier league standard is it?

Surely he wasn't expecting more, was he?

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Other previous managers have seen beyond that but hang on...................it's not up to premier league standard is it?

Surely he wasn't expecting more, was he?

Apparently there's no showers in use at the moment because of unpaid bills.

Archived