Scholes gone

3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Just changed the post I was writing because this puts things in perspective 

Family comes first.

Well to be honest with you finding out a 92 year old woman who has smoked for the best part of 80 of those years has a few weeks to live came as less of a shock that what’s happening down at BP. I despair I really do. I was happy to be missing the Tranmere game in the end as I’ll be away, but now I want to be there to vent and sit on the Centre spot. Go for it lads & lasses and give them hell, get our club back. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Tell them what? 

"He got so pissed off with me continuing to select Rob Hunt that he started asking that I don't"? 

I could accept "It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," sometime in June or July if he hadn't been able make the kind of signings he was told he'd be able to or if he'd been promised a new pitch and it hadn't been laid but - mid March when he can't even sign anyone anyway after taking the level of performance and results backwards? 

Bollocks.... I don't buy it. He's realised he's not cut out for it the same as many of us have. 

Which doesn't make him a bad person and doesn't mean Abdallah isn't a cock....But, still... 

What do people think could reasonably constitute "not be able to operate as I intended" at this point of a season? 

Isnt his nephew one of the youth team who was due to get their first professional contract soon?

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Apparently there's no showers in use at the moment because of unpaid bills.

If it's got to that stage then the club is finished, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel after reading that 🙁

1 hour ago, Stanley30 said:

Fair play. It’s obvious there is pressure from above and the guy has walked away. God know which puppet we get next.

i have to reiterate, all those who slagged corney off be careful what u wish for!

YOUR GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE 

I never slagged simon, he was far from angel! But I’d have him back in a heart beat. He would never have Sacked Scholes, not without a massive valid reason . This guy is crazy, only a crazy person woukd put Scholes in a position, that he resigns after one month. The shit he is getting he must have known and  expected and only someone very very naive would consider such a move! Surely expecting the shit storm that his way! I said along time ago this is some sick plan by the tta’s, could it be true? The whole situation is bizarre! Almost unbelievable! But happening?

2 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

Fair play. It’s obvious there is pressure from above and the guy has walked away. God know which puppet we get next.

i have to reiterate, all those who slagged corney off be careful what u wish for!

YOUR GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE 

They’re both cunts. 

"Oldham Athletic are disappointed by Paul's decision to resign and surprised by the reasons he has given," Lemsagam told Sky Sports News.

"The club gave Paul all the support and autonomy that he asked for. He did not raise his concerns at all, informally or formally, prior to his resignation. He gave no opportunity to address any issues at all, simply resigning by text and then refusing to discuss matters.

"Management is a difficult job and we would have worked with Paul to find solutions, had we been given the chance. We wish him well and thank him for his contribution. We will start the search for a new manager immediately."

Sky Sports News has also been told that Oldham have today received as many as a dozen applications to takeover as manager of the club.

24 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

"Oldham Athletic are disappointed by Paul's decision to resign and surprised by the reasons he has given," Lemsagam told Sky Sports News.

"The club gave Paul all the support and autonomy that he asked for. He did not raise his concerns at all, informally or formally, prior to his resignation. He gave no opportunity to address any issues at all, simply resigning by text and then refusing to discuss matters.

"Management is a difficult job and we would have worked with Paul to find solutions, had we been given the chance. We wish him well and thank him for his contribution. We will start the search for a new manager immediately."

Sky Sports News has also been told that Oldham have today received as many as a dozen applications to takeover as manager of the club.

He resigned by text?  

13 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

Daily Mail are absolute scum but here you go

https://dailym.ai/2XV5U8Z

So. We can give players who never play for us two year deals, but we can’t pay the gas bill. Which implys there is money, but only when AL wants to spend it on of one his signings. However the running of the club can go to shit. 

Fuck. Off. 

2 hours ago, Luis Enrique said:

Daily Mail are absolute scum but here you go

https://dailym.ai/2XV5U8Z

Don’t worry lads he’s making it all up and it’s acrusllt Scholes’ fault we’re in this mess. Or is it Keegan’s? I loose track who this board likes to pass to pass the blame on to ensure everything carries on as normal.

6 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Tell them what? 

"He got so pissed off with me continuing to select Rob Hunt that he started asking that I don't"? 

I could accept "It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," sometime in June or July if he hadn't been able make the kind of signings he was told he'd be able to or if he'd been promised a new pitch and it hadn't been laid but - mid March when he can't even sign anyone anyway after taking the level of performance and results backwards? 

Bollocks.... I don't buy it. He's realised he's not cut out for it the same as many of us have. 

Which doesn't make him a bad person and doesn't mean Abdallah isn't a cock....But, still... 

What do people think could reasonably constitute "not be able to operate as I intended" at this point of a season? 

He may well have realised he is not cut out for management.

However his views are consistent with pretty much everyonelse who has left the club in the last 18 months that the owner is in fact a cunt. Its gone well beyond a coincidence whats causing the problems here. Yet another newspaper article highlighting the farce has emerged.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don’t worry lads he’s making it all up and it’s acrusllt Scholes’ fault we’re in this mess. Or is it Keegan’s? I loose track who this board likes to pass to pass the blame on to ensure everything carries on as normal.

Oh its definitely Mike Keegans fault it can't be the clowns fault.

As much as Scholes may not be cut out for management the more pertinent issue is that Abdallah is not cut out to be a football chairman, particularly the chairman of my club Oldham Athletic.

People really need to stop criticising the likes of Keegan and the rag he works for because they are the ones putting it out there. It's undeniable that this bloke is winging it and the staff he has sacked is beyond a joke and worrying in itself, of course there will be denials from AL but he has no other option - his backs to the wall and he's going to find out quickly that finances are going to dry up at an alarming rate and the situation will become very critical.

One thing that needs considering is that the players and staff on the back of this are unlikely to get paid this month, I know this will come as no surprise but it's a sorry state of affairs and a complete mess that requires direct action.

Much of Als behaviour is now only coming out on the back of Paul Scholes' resignation.This shows how threatened all of the staff who have suffered similarly over the last 18 months feel,so threatened that they haven't been able to talk.That for me is the most sinister element of this regime ,the unpaid wages,lack of gas interference are just the symptoms.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

So. We can give players who never play for us two year deals, but we can’t pay the gas bill. Which implys there is money, but only when AL wants to spend it on of one his signings. However the running of the club can go to shit. 

Fuck. Off. 

The agency link is something I've been concerned about from the start.

Who gets commission for the deals?

Archived